Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions (Read 23829 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 21: Carlton vs Geelong: Pre match Predictions

Reply #45
I will only say we can win this game when we win it.  

Reply #46
'94 was awful bowing out in straight sets after finishing second. With the loss to the scum in the final round it was three straight losses to end the year. Pretty sure that loss to the scum also cost us top spot as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #47
Big final 1992... must ignore the outs.

94' No Couch, no Bairstow, no Hocking!!! I remember Carlton fans before the match saying we can't lose lol.
...woops  :-[ yes, 1994... I was one of those confident ones who thought we were good things. Apparently the Blight pre match address was magnificent. Anyway, I aint gonna fall for that one again!!!

One thing I never understood was when SOS was injured early why did we put Mil Hanna (who starred on the wing for us all year) on Ablett? Of course Gazza destroyed us.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #48
So we have lost how many straight to this mob? 10 or 12?? Not sure. They have Bartel and Stevie J out, many would say we can get em. Trouble is, we always come up short when presented with similar opportunities (i.e. Hawks in recent times, Saints a few years back). If there was ever a time for what I call a "fork this" game, this is the one. If the boys go in desperate with an enoughs enough attitude, we can win.
Go Blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
So we have lost how many straight to this mob? 10 or 12?? Not sure. They have Bartel and Stevie J out, many would say we can get em. Trouble is, we always come up short when presented with similar opportunities (i.e. Hawks in recent times, Saints a few years back). If there was ever a time for what I call a "fork this" game, this is the one. If the boys go in desperate with an enoughs enough attitude, we can win.
Go Blues
Sorry should have checked, we have lost the last 5 and won only 3 of the last 15 encounters.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Our last wins against Geelong have all been at the MCG. It is about time we got over that particular issue.

CARLTON v GEELONG, Etihad Stadium, Friday August 15, 7.50pm (AEST)

Carlton

B Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe, Ciaran Sheehan
 HB Zach Tuohy, Kade Simpson, Sam Docherty
 C Chris Yarran, Andrew Carrazzo, Marc Murphy
 HF David Ellard, Nick Graham, Dale Thomas
 F Troy Menzel, Levi Casboult, Jarrad Waite
 FOL Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Chris Judd
 I/C Tom Bell, Ed Curnow, Brock McLean, Simon White

EMG Dennis Armfield, Blaine Johnson, Matthew Watson

IN No Change

Geelong

B James Kelly, Tom Lonergan, Corey Enright
 HB Andrew Mackie, Jared Rivers, Cameron Guthrie
 C Jordan Murdoch, Joel Selwood, Travis Varcoe
 HF Steven Motlop, Harry Taylor, Mathew Stokes
 F Shane Kersten, Tom Hawkins, Allen Christensen
 FOL Hamish McIntosh, Mitch Duncan, Josh Caddy
 I/C Jed Bews, Mark Blicavs, George Horlin-Smith, Billie Smedts

EMG Mitch Brown, Brad Hartman, Jackson Thurlow

IN Jed Bews, Billie Smedts
 OUT Jimmy Bartel (Corked Thigh), Steve Johnson (Foot)

They probably reckon that we are the favourites: after all, we are 13th and they are 3rd and looking to finish on top.  Kade Simpson named as CHB. I hope we log this bunch of poseurs!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #51
Cats at their weakest I have seen them...two big outs/2 weaker players in ,if we cant beat them this time we never will...

Reply #52
Cats at their weakest I have seen them...two big outs/2 weaker players in ,if we cant beat them this time we never will...

Think I'm going to tip us!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #53

Think I'm going to tip us!

Don't jinx us Cookie!!!!!!

;)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #54
In this era, I've always been very philosophical....if we're good enough we'll win etc.etc.....without ever being at all confident.....however.....we've showed something lately that I like; and still I'm not at all confident, but now quietly hopeful....if that makes sense.

I have a feeling there's a turn in the tide....it's either here or not far away.

Reply #55
I'd still reeeeaaaallly like to see Armfield in there instead of Brock.  Apart form that, it's about as good as we can get with the injury list.

cheers

Mal.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #56
I'd still reeeeaaaallly like to see Armfield in there instead of Brock.  Apart form that, it's about as good as we can get with the injury list.

cheers

Mal.

Brock is a better user of the ball by hand and foot than Armfield
Armfield is faster by foot than Brock

I will go with Brock on this occasion...

Reply #57
Put the clamps on Selwood and Motlop and we should be a real shot. I wouldnt mind seeing Yarran go head to head with Motlop either.

Reply #58
Every time we build ourselves up for a big game against a good team our home game,we all get a bit of the carlton swagger back.Bang we lose,who knows which carlton team comes out tonight.(hope i am wrong)

Reply #59

cheers

Mal.

Brock is a better user of the ball by hand and foot than Armfield
Armfield is faster by foot than Brock

I will go with Brock on this occasion...

The non selection of Army bodes very badly for IMO. He'll be very lucky to be with us next year.
Reality always wins in the end.