Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Ingame) (Read 50455 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Ingame)

Reply #90
We are a very low skilled footy team I'm afraid. Error riddled quarter where our forwards hardly caught sight of the ball. I think we've run out of legs already, don't fancy us much in the second half.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #91
Also, why are we incapable of dealing with things when they push a man back.  Why aren't we smart enough to either man up that guy or set up our structures to nullify that position.

Reply #92
Forget frees...we are not hard enough strong enough skillful enough for long enough ...murp gibbs jamo carrozzo garbage

7-0 free kick count that quarter......pretty hard to forget that
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #93
Pathetic. We can bemoan all we like about Mick being past it but these blokes have the poorest skills of a side in the AFL bar none.

Reply #94
How many free kickless quarters have we had in our history.

Here's a stat for ya.

Free Kicks for the first half:
West Coast - 14
Carlton -3 (ZERO that quarter).

Plenty of 50-50's that the home ground is convincing the umps are there.

We did tackle their necks for a chunk of that quarter.  Though the Toooey throw was arguable. Also Menzel was clobbered high but got nothing.

Reply #95
Nup... This club is f.....d....too much propaganda, no class!

Reply #96
7-0 free kick count that quarter......pretty hard to forget that

Agree on the umpiring - biased against us without doubt. Let's hope they square up in the second half.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
Pathetic. We can bemoan all we like about Mick being past it but these blokes have the poorest skills of a side in the AFL bar none.

Don't we have a skill coach.  And skills aside, where's the pressure.  And why are we tackling guys around the neck? I counted three instances in that quarter.

But our skills and the constant fumbling is amateur level.  They are mentally weak.  And as far as I'm concerned their mental state is the responsibility of the coach.

Reply #98
We are the masters at simply giving up. Been a problem for a long time and it continues. We've made an art form of it.

Our on-field culture is putrid.

Reply #99
Did White come into the game under an injury cloud??

Reply #100
Umpires are completely blind. Free kick count is ridiculous.
No score for the second quarter is just pathetic.
Our tackling in the second quarter is almost non existing. They were 14-3 tackles up half way through the second quarter.
Losing White is going to cost us. Clem is just too green for AFL football. For a whole game almost.
I really cant see how we are going to win. They have 2 key defenders out, no Selwood and we still can't trouble them ??? ::)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #101
OK. So we have top beat 25 of them, I'm including the umps as if you didn't know.

BUT, let's be honest. If we had played a quarter like that and got the return for effort that WC got, we'd be screaming about the missed opportunities.

So I think we are still in it.

BUT, Rowe is screwn useless, Gibbs is a squib, Murphy can't tackle, and in a one on one fell over as he always does, they still love to grab blokes around the neck even though they have a whole body to tackle, there is NO forward line, they are fumbling the ball like my 4 year old grandson, and they have no plan B, C, D, or Z to get the ball out of defence.

SO, it's now up to Mick to blow shiiiiit out of them at their pissweak quarter and terrible decision making, and let's see if they can actually iut the Eagles under pressure for two quarters.

Reply #102
We are the masters at simply giving up. Been a problem for a long time and it continues. We've made an art form of it.

Our on-field culture is putrid.

It's ok though because early next week the carlton football club website will tell us how good we were twenty years ago.

Reply #103
soft, soft and soft.

Gibbs, Murphy top 2 at that.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #104
Lack of basic skill when the pressure is on. Question was asked early in a thread , what sort of player do we need, well it's been answered again, we need well, some like Kennedy, a big CHF who can demand the ball, his 3 goals making a big difference. We don't currently have a forward line with the skill & aggression that makes a difference. We got away with it when Betts & Garlett were there, but let's be honest the cupboard is bare