Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering (Read 58716 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

Reply #135
Seemed to work OK in the first quarters of the first two games though (and I stress again that I'm no fan of MM)? But no doubt you'll find a way to spin that.

I think opposition coaches get caught out because they can't believe we will keep trying the same old sh1te! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #136
I think opposition coaches get caught out because they can't believe we will keep trying the same old sh1te! :o

:))

If that's true, they can't be that bright either then if they still haven't worked that out?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #137

If that's true, they can't be that bright either then if they still haven't worked that out?

Yet they out-coach our lot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #138

What I'm sick and tired of is tuning in to the radio the day after to hear the other Coach's explanation of how they "knew" what they needed to work on (from previous week), and didn't panic when they were behind because they "knew" their game plan was sound and they had superior <insert relevant skill/experience here>.  And all delivered in an almost deadpan and humble manner - almost. You can still detect the slightly sickening tone of triumphalism in their voice no matter how low key they play it.

When are we going to KNOW what we need to work on? ...or is it simply, 'everything'?

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #139
You really know we are cr@p when after 10 pages no-one has blamed the umpires, even though there were 3 crucial decisions at critical times which halted our momentum and swung it their way:-

1. Kennedy hands in Rowe's back
2. Scoop between the legs NOT a throw?!?
3. Tuohy's handpass deemed a throw by the ump who was blindsided

Then, apparently we went 50 minutes without a free?  Sheesh - coulda got within 3 goals without those maggots.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #140
Then, apparently we went 50 minutes without a free?  Sheesh - coulda got within 3 goals without those maggots.

We might have gone 50 minutes without a possession too, did anyone check? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #142
Yet they out-coach our lot!

And their teams outplayed ours, showing more guts and determination than we could ever dream of, so back to sq1 in the argument. It's a bit harder to coach serial recalcitrants.

Reply #143
And their teams outplayed ours, showing more guts and determination than we could ever dream of, so back to sq1 in the argument. It's a bit harder to coach serial recalcitrants.

So what Judd said late last year was just rubbish?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #144

Careful PI2C, you'll get a reputation! ;) :D

Maybe Chris played on because he needs the money, maybe Mick coached on for the same reason? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #145
I'll repeat my last statement on the other thread here.

I have once again to pay my membership by a complete load of cr@p sent out by the club.
Spirit? What Spirit?

Bullshiiite on bullshiiite.

This mob are a rabble.

And we are staring down another 5/0 loss start.

mick couldn't see us losing a game, I can't see us winning one.

Oh, and what about the one about  last year we had 22 on the operating table pre-season but this year nowhere near that? I wish these guys would be honest with us. It really is disheartening.

Reply #146
Before anyone starts regurgitating the same cliches from the in-game thread....

Josh Kennedy: "Our guys in the middle showed dominance and made it easy for us."
"Our boys in the middle who were delivering the footy were on and made it so much easier for us."
"They dropped a few back, but i think it was our transistion and the way we moved the footy, it worked well."

Yes, we did drop numbers back
Yes, it was because we had little or no midfield pressure that made the forwards job easy.
So no, it was not Jamos fault.

That takes care of about 1/4 of the complaints people had.

We dropped them back yet they were nowhere to be seen when Kennedy led for the ball..he always seemed to be leading to space with a bunch of
our blokes trailing him....they didnt want to get in Kennedys path, it was like Barry Hall was playing...

Reply #147
Please, not the surgeries LOL

Reply #148

Juddy may well have truly believed what he was saying at the time, maybe even cynical old me did too (well half believed), at the time. All just words though now Carrots, probably for media and potential member consumption, we can only go by what we have been seeing over the past two games.

Reply #149
Do you read what you post?

Doesn't that mean turn over the leaders first, that is what "where we need to be focussed" means doesn't it?

I get it, you want the whole lot gone, very realistic, not unreasonable at all!

Yes we need to focus on our leaders because quite frankly most of them are just not leaders. We need strong leaders, simple as that, and I think we need to look outside of the club to find them, based our our recent performances, unless someone emerges over the course of the year. What happens to our current ones? I think some of them will obviously retire this year and next year and some should be traded if we can get value for them.