Skip to main content
Topic: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications (Read 65372 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round #4 Carlton vs St. Kilda in NZ: Pre Game prognostications

Reply #180
Without Reiwoldt and Montagna we should beat Stkilda...Lenny Hayes who use to dine out against us is also gone, they are a bunch of kids essentially and players like Murphy and Gibbs should be in the best players on the ground.
Lose to Stkilda and we are rockbottom and Malthouse should resign...maybe Laidley should have coached this week if the Malthouse family are upset at Micks treatment/scrutiny in the media etc...

Reply #181
There you have it, what a great story. I haven't seen us win a GF live, my greatest triumph is the 99 Prelim.
Seen them all from 1968 onwards. That one was after a 21 year drought.

Could be worse, Collingwood have only won 4 in the last 79 years. Not alot of joy there.

Reply #182
We have an advantage. We're undefeated in NZ while St.Kilda have never won there...haha!

Reply #183
Without Reiwoldt and Montagna we should beat Stkilda...Lenny Hayes who use to dine out against us is also gone, they are a bunch of kids essentially and players like Murphy and Gibbs should be in the best players on the ground.
Lose to Stkilda and we are rockbottom and Malthouse should resign...maybe Laidley should have coached this week if the Malthouse family are upset at Micks treatment/scrutiny in the media etc...

Miklshake should do the honourable thing and step down after equaling the record. Be a Mark Taylor mick, and not a glory hunting Matthew Hayden, getting easy runs that you don't deserve.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #185
Curnow, Armfield, Ellard, Bell and Tutt.    Would any of these guys get a run at Box Hill?

Yep, but only around the boundary line though !!   ;D
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #186

Agree wholeheartedly but we can't lose this one, surely ??

We have the edge in most areas so it would have to be a complete & utter disaster to drop this one, would be one of the biggest embarrassments of our time as well too if it were to happen.

There would be no escaping the scrutiny and heads would have to roll, would make for an interesting week in the AFL though.  ;) 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #187
I don't believe we are trying to win TBH.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #188
I don't believe we are trying to win TBH.

Reckon the tank is on?...I.keep hearing about the two for one deal in terms of selling off one pick and getting two lesser picks in return.
Someone at the club mentioned it but I forget who it was....think last trade period that GWS offered the Saints two top ten picks for their 1st pick(could have been 4 and 7).
If we do get the No 1 pick and you could be right about not trying  to win then I think we will try and trade it off for two picks like GWS wanted to trade...

Reply #189
Tanking after round 3 would have to set a new standard in defeatism :(

Reply #190
I wouldn't be against trading 1 for 4 & 6 provided it's a very even draft between the top 10.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #191
I wouldn't be against trading 1 for 4 & 6 provided it's a very even draft between the top 10.

x2...We have to play the odds and having two picks in the top ten gives you more chance of snaring at least one quality player.
I wasnt against the Pick 7 for Jaksch, Whiley and Boekhorst and thought that has been one of our better trades over the recent years.

Reply #192
Reckon the tank is on?...I.keep hearing about the two for one deal in terms of selling off one pick and getting two lesser picks in return.
Someone at the club mentioned it but I forget who it was....think last trade period that GWS offered the Saints two top ten picks for their 1st pick(could have been 4 and 7).
If we do get the No 1 pick and you could be right about not trying  to win then I think we will try and trade it off for two picks like GWS wanted to trade...

It's just a feeling I get.

3 hammy's in a week.
Super defensive footy.
Resting Judd.
Smith as a sub.

If Micks not part of the tank corp he's doing a mighty fine impersonation of Rommel.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #193

Yep number 1 rarely becomes the best player in their draft.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #194
If we are indeed tanking then I would take that as an indicator that Mick's contract could well be extended, maybe with some new assistants.
Reality always wins in the end.