Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 50862 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #120
We messed up drafting Hampson at 18, but trading him out for Docherty was genius

There are good trades and then there is outright highway robbery - Doc was the latter.

Reply #121
We messed up drafting Hampson at 18, but trading him out for Docherty was genius

A stroke of genius from Malthouse?
I agree by the way, the best trade in the history of the CFC if not the entire AFL.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #122
He finished the game OK, seemed to get better as it progressed, so I hope it's nothing more than a corky or bruise.

He's in the background of one of the post match videos, walking freely, even jogging around, no ice, no bandages.
I am worried about the lad.  He ducked his head a couple of times today.  Perhaps when he builds up more this part of his game will fade, let's hope so.

Reply #123
Was at the game which was Awesome - always had in the back of
My mind that Geelong would come back so kept A lid on it and was really surprised when we were well in front with only 5 mins to go - couldn't believe it to be honest.
I turned to my mate at that same point and said "this mob can kick goals in succession real quick", a Geelong supporter in front of me said "have some faith mate" to which I replied "mate I have been battered and bruised too much to have faith". He was right though, what a sweet sweet victory.
Have Some Faith.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #124
It's days like today when I regret not having foxtel.
Couldn't get to the game or the pub.
All I have now are the reports from all on this site.
Please keep them coming.
Go Baggers!!

You missed Special K chasing the speedster Guthrie, breathing down his neck for all of 30 metres never giving up and eventually distracting him so much Guthrie's kick was smothered. Crucial play.

Also, Thomas' anticipation in the 3rd q., knocking the ball to his advantage then following up and handballing over the top to Gorringe. Gold!

Plus, heaps of other goodly stuff  :)
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #125
Another who was very good today, again seeing him live, I reckon he worked very hard today. His goal kicking is the best out our club without doubt. Imagine if Cas was as good a kick, he'd be earning a $1M year.

f/n. the guy was truly exceptional today. no ifs or whatever. The guy oozes talent......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #126
Was at the game which was Awesome - always had in the back of
My mind that Geelong would come back so kept A lid on it and was really surprised when we were well in front with only 5 mins to go - couldn't believe it to be honest.

Gibbs was everywhere, thought Simmo did really well in bursts, Cripps was amongst so many things - Kruezer is just a machine love him, Rowe was unreal, Felt really comfortable when Everitt was going for goal he's usually so accurate.

Loved the pressure chase and consistent effort. Few fumbles, particularly Lamb and Walks kicking directly to a Cats player in our F50 which was wasteful, but kept our composure and went again and again and again.

What was the atmosphere like.

Sounded like the joint was rockin'!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #127

Geelong crowd was taken out of it by us being in front most of the day, Bluebagger fans were up and about to say the least.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #128
Plenty of special moments - from all the blokes,

It's the fringe guys holding up their patch that wins these games - ARMY and Whitey spring to mind.

I'm a Gibbs detractor but boy he stood tall today, very tall,
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #129

The game didn't go as close to the wire as the Port game so I guess there was more of an air of expecting to win by the time we got into the last 10 mins. Nevertheless, there was certainly plenty of electricity in the air again and the crowd really got very vocal urging on the boys! Again, like a good old time Blueboy win. The Cats supporters were just stunned - as mullets in fact.  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #130
He did. Behind play. Ump was 50m away and may not have been directly looking at them and may have been slightly blindsided as well.
MRP can't ignore it though.
Was caught on the TV and shown. A Lot. Tuohy is a pretty tough hombre, but hitting him in the goolies will get Motlop a decent holiday, if the MRP has any relevance at all. It was also pretty clear that the umpire saw it. I wonder what he was thinking. I wonder IF he was thinking.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #131
Sounded great on the telly in the second and third quarter.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #132
Comments like that attempt to rewrite history. I can write a long list, but i don't want to derail the thread. I'll just cite 2 games against Geelong in 2014 where we were robbed, and remind you of our finals win against the tigers despite being severe underdogs.
Alas, you are correct. We had a couple of very good games, and that finals win against Richmond was a classic. However, we did lack the consistency of effort, even in games. Nor did we have the evenness of output we are showing at the moment. Like the Suns at the moment, we were playing 1 on 1 football when other teams were team defence and team attack orientated. Sometimes we could make it work, especially if Judd had a good one.

I am happier at the moment with what we are producing, but there are still structural issues and depth issues. With us getting a number of injuries again, the question we have for next week is simple: can we cover them? The answer, on the other hand, is not so clear.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #133
Plenty of special moments - from all the blokes,

It's the fringe guys holding up their patch that wins these games - ARMY and Whitey spring to mind.

I'm a Gibbs detractor but boy he stood tall today, very tall,

It was a good win today and there wasn't a Judd solo mission carrying the squad. Enough contributions across the entire playing group to appear as a really footy team for once.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #134
Was caught on the TV and shown. A Lot. Tuohy is a pretty tough hombre, but hitting him in the goolies will get Motlop a decent holiday, if the MRP has any relevance at all. It was also pretty clear that the umpire saw it. I wonder what he was thinking. I wonder IF he was thinking.

Geelong are on the nose, and the media can smell it, they are in for a world of media pain if they can't reverse this mini slump!
The Force Awakens!