Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 39704 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: Pre game Prophecies: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #60
In the same vein but much better imo was this clip from Arrested Development:

[flash=200,200]https://youtu.be/pz8aYiH_nRg[/flash]

Reply #61
Saints forward line?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-st-kilda-youngster-paddy-mccartin-will-not-play-against-carlton-20160607-gpd9he.html

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-st-kilda-youngster-paddy-mccartin-will-not-play-against-carlton-20160607-gpd9he.html#ixzz4ArAjghsa
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

I heard this is 4 episodes of concussion in 2 years.
He needs to be treated very carefully with all of the current evidence around chronic brain conditions following multiple bouts of concussion.
I feel sorry for him really. I know what I'd be telling him to do if he were my kid, but he probably wouldn't want to hear it.

Reply #62
From Macca's injury update, sounds like Special K will be good to go for Sunday's game!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #64
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ed-curnow-celebrates-100th-game-with-carlton-on-the-rise-20160608-gpe6i5.html

100th game for Ed Curnow.

Well done young man.

Indeed!

Ed has taken a different path and suffered his share of setbacks on his way to his hundredth game as a very good midfielder.  Like many of his team-mates, Ed has lifted his game to a new level this season and I suspect he has finally silenced his doubters.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
He has been fantastic past two and bit years. I would consider him an elite tagger that finds plenty and I mean plenty of the ball himself. Well done Ed..your grunt and relentless running is awesome to see.

Reply #66
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/ed-curnow-celebrates-100th-game-with-carlton-on-the-rise-20160608-gpe6i5.html

100th game for Ed Curnow.

Well done young man.

Kudos to this young man. An inspiration, no doubt to his younger brother, his team mates and even we arm chair critics!

A great, great effort.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
Just make sure Charlie makes a ton with us and we'll have first dibs on most of the progeny of a family of incredible athletes.

Reply #68
Kudos to this young man. An inspiration, no doubt to his younger brother, his team mates and even we arm chair critics!

A great, great effort.

I was initially an Ed supporter, then after watching the way he kicks the ball, an Ed critic.  Now it's gone full circle.  I think he's one of the premier midfielders in the competition.  His disposal has improved dramatically and his work ethic is second to none.  He's not bad aiming at the big sticks either, something I feel he should try to do more of.  Well done Ed on 100 games!

Reply #69
I was initially an Ed supporter, then after watching the way he kicks the ball, an Ed critic.  Now it's gone full circle.  I think he's one of the premier midfielders in the competition.  His disposal has improved dramatically and his work ethic is second to none.  He's not bad aiming at the big sticks either, something I feel he should try to do more of.  Well done Ed on 100 games!

x2 Good summary..much improved footballer..

Reply #70
It wasn't just his kicking - early on, he panicked with his backward handballs when a tackle was imminent and would miss his target.  Thankfully, he outgrew that.

Reply #71
Ed, through reasons outlined previously in this thread, has elevated himself to being one of the most important players in our squad and this year that has become even more apparent. Well done Ed and congratulations!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
Yep, congratulations Ed Curnow on 100 games in the Navy Blue.

Been a revelation this year as a ball-winning midfielder in his own right. Very important for us, and him.

The midfield now has greater depth, due to a couple of factors (at least) in a couple of extra quality mids/footballers and an increase in output and consistency from all of these blokes. It makes all the difference:

Kreuzer
Cripps
Gibbs
Murphy
E.Curnow
Thomas
Simpson
Kerridge
Wright

And, these blokes have been 'rolling' through there also:
Sumner
Lamb
Graham

Reply #73
If Sumner comes back in, who goes out?

Graham?

Sumner's not a full time mid.....and must lack a tank given his foot problems?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #74
If Sumner comes back in, who goes out?

Graham?

Sumner's not a full time mid.....and must lack a tank given his foot problems?

I think it will be Graham.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................