Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 21274 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #45
You have to give credit where it's due - Liam Jones has really tried to rectify the deficiencies in his game this season. Whether he plays in the ones or the magoos, he always gives effort and enthusiasm, never sulks, never drops his head.

I'm happy for him TBH. I hope he keeps it up.

Like...thumbs up!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #46
Just saw Q2 highlights. Docherty layed 2 of the best tackles deep in defense. First on the giant Gawn, then runs down and buries hardnut Jones.
Sensational, just sensational. Our future looks bright with the likes of this young man leading.

Loved Crippa's tackle on Gawn too. We ended up with more than 80 tackles, and by Scott, some of them were bone crunchers. Last year I was dreaming for this sort of effort and intensity. Well done Blues.

Agree with others Liam Jones played his role well today. His effort is unquestionable, as is his ability to dust off after being defeated and face up again (unlike sooky Hogan - he needs an attitude adjustment big time). From what I saw on TV, he looks to have read the play much better than earlier in the year.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
if, for the sake of the argument, we play Weeters, Doc and Simpson as our half back line, then at the moment, this would have to be the best (or close to the best) half back line in the game IMO.

Reply #48
if, for the sake of the argument, we play Weeters, Doc and Simpson as our half back line, then at the moment, this would have to be the best (or close to the best) half back line in the game IMO.
Doc should be AA, Simmo would be bloody close. Weiters should win the Rising Star award but probably wont because he plays for Carlton. Either Parish (the feel sorry factor) or Caleb Daniel (everyone loves the Doggies factor) will win it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #49
I had a good look at Hogan's set shot routine today and he makes Casboult's set shot routine look smooth and polished.  Hogan has no rhythm and his ball drop is high and awkward.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #50

Add speedy young Byrne and your cooking with gas.
Henry Ford.

Reply #51
Great win today, with a strong team performance led from the midfield. Liked that we controlled the game for the most part, with a fine defensive effort and some good tactics at stoppages that nulified the melbourne ruck, and put great pressure on their midfilders.

Well done blues.

Reply #52
I missed today's game but noticed Melbourne had more scoring shots today, was it bad kicking or lots of rushed?

Reply #53
I had a good look at Hogan's set shot routine today and he makes Casboult's set shot routine look smooth and polished.  Hogan has no rhythm and his ball drop is high and awkward.
He holds the ball all awkward also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #54
I missed today's game but noticed Melbourne had more scoring shots today, was it bad kicking or lots of rushed?

Two rushed behinds each.  Melbourne missed some easy shots but others were under pressure.  Hogan kicked 1 goal 3 and Petracca kicked 2 behinds, all of which were gettable.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55
They weren't right in front 20m out a lot on the very tough angles or rushed - we won the game they didn't lose it in my opinion

Reply #56
He holds the ball all awkward also.

No doubt that will be Ross the boss's problem in the near future >:D
The kid  might be a promising (NRS winning) forward, but his competitive attitude is not in the same stratosphere as our Crippa.
Henry Ford.

Reply #57
Not sure what happened to Levi today, not a good game from Where I was sitting.

Today was thoroughly enjoyable to watch live, had no expectation and when I heard SOJ was out I figured it was a loss,
Was just going for some Effort and the unrelenting pressure and effort was there from the beginning. Very good.

Reply #58

Count again
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #59
Not sure what happened to Levi today, not a good game from Where I was sitting.

Today was thoroughly enjoyable to watch live, had no expectation and when I heard SOJ was out I figured it was a loss,
Was just going for some Effort and the unrelenting pressure and effort was there from the beginning. Very good.
How did you see Daisy's game MO? What role did he appear to play?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th