Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Pre Game Jitters: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 19174 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Pre Game Jitters: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #45
melb got there A grade mids out and we are saying marchbank is a big out,we should win this game but i hope the game not played in dressing room.

I agree.

They look ripe for the picking in my opinion. We should see this as an opportunity to advertise ourselves as a destination club for potential trade targets, and send the snow bound bunnies off to Hotham dragging their sorry ar5es behind them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #46
Carlton:

Int; Macreadie Sheehan Lamb Petrevski-Seton.

Em; Graham Byrne McKay.

Lamb Petrevski-Seton Macreadie in 4 Sumner Graham Marchbank

Melbourne:

Int; Stretch, Kent, Wagner, Smith.

Em; Trengove, Kennedy-Harris, Weideman.

Garlett, Kent, Hogan, Smith 4 Tyson, Bugg, Viney, White.

Reply #47
So Macreadie for Marchbank (logical), Lamb for Graham and Samo for Sumner. Graham is unlucky. I hope Samo shows much, much more than his last outing.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
I would have preferred Byrne to Macredie but Casey will be in the side soon enough.
We should win this fairly comfortability, our midfield is in tip top form and Melbourne are missing two of their best three mids, they will also have Kreuzer to contend with.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Graham unlucky but at 23 y.o you want him to hit the scoreboard

Reply #50
I would have preferred Byrne to Macredie but Casey will be in the side soon enough.
We should win this fairly comfortability, our midfield is in tip top form and Melbourne are missing two of their best three mids, they will also have Kreuzer to contend with.

Agree. If we can't win this, we're in strife! And, hopefully, next week we'll have Casey, ACOS and H all knocking on the door for senior selection. Hopefully Pickett and Graham both put in big efforts tomorrow to put pressure on other mids/small forwards. As for Palmer... seems no matter how well he plays he just doesn't get a look in, must have winked at one of selection committee's missus  ;) ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #51
Agree. If we can't win this, we're in strife! And, hopefully, next week we'll have Casey, ACOS and H all knocking on the door for senior selection. Hopefully Pickett and Graham both put in big efforts tomorrow to put pressure on other mids/small forwards. As for Palmer... seems no matter how well he plays he just doesn't get a look in, must have winked at one of selection committee's missus  ;) ;D

In strife? It's 16th v 6th.

Reply #52
In strife? It's 16th v 6th.

Hmm, remember when Leon Cameron said we weren't a 17th team, well in my opinion they aren't a 6th team! ;)

There is something seriously fake about the Demons!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53

Palmer is competing with the likes of Fisher, Cunningham and Petrevski-Seton so I can see the logic behind his non selection, although with Curnow injured there's probably a case for someone of his experience.
I think we signed him as insurance basically.
The great disappointment is Jaksch who really hasn't fired a shot since he came to the club.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #54
Palmer is competing with the likes of Fisher, Cunningham and Petrevski-Seton so I can see the logic behind his non selection, although with Curnow injured there's probably a case for someone of his experience.
The great disappointment is Jaksch who really hasn't fired a shot since he came to the club.

Promised so much and delivered so little  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #55
Hmm, remember when Leon Cameron said we weren't a 17th team, well in my opinion they aren't a 6th team! ;)

There is something seriously fake about the Demons!

Even so, it's 10 spots so we can't be favourites even if 6th to 16th isn't quite the wide gap of other years.

It's the weakest season I think I've ever seen at the top end. Melbourne are 6th but have a look at what's under. Other than the Swans not much, so 6th is about right this year. By contrast the bottom sides are the strongest group i've seen hence the upsets this year.

Swans are only 2 games from top 4. If they get there they are a real shot. They could do well even if they don't make top 4.

Reply #56

Jaksch has a bad attitude. VFL form alone would be good enough to play seniors normally, he has the tools, but that attitude will have him sacked instead. Need more than ability in this game.

I can see the penny dropping one day but it will be too late.

Reply #57
On one of those weird SEN segments it was pointed out that teams in 17th spot on the ladder have won more games than teams occupying every other position except 2nd.  I think it was 8 wins from teams in 17th spot and 10 from teams in 2nd spot.

Perhaps equalisation is finally starting to work  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #58
Carlton:

Int; Macreadie Sheehan Lamb Petrevski-Seton.

Em; Graham Byrne McKay.

Lamb Petrevski-Seton Macreadie in 4 Sumner Graham Marchbank

Melbourne:

Int; Stretch, Kent, Wagner, Smith.

Em; Trengove, Kennedy-Harris, Weideman.

Garlett, Kent, Hogan, Smith 4 Tyson, Bugg, Viney, White.

what's the point of naming McKay  ??    That's a couple times now I think ?    

just throw him in FFS ..... he sinks or swims
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #59
Jaksch has a bad attitude. VFL form alone would be good enough to play seniors normally, he has the tools, but that attitude will have him sacked instead. Need more than ability in this game.

I can see the penny dropping one day but it will be too late.

I sense a disturbance in the force... are you ok Jim ?
Let’s go BIG !