Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 18946 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
Not on VFL form as it actually very good. Anyone else would've been in the side long ago on that form so it has to be attitude, which i've heard is pretty bad

Thanks Jim.

Reply #61
I guess if you count MM, Barker and Bolts, that's 3 coaches, which unfortunately, makes it look worse.

At a stretch, you could probably forgive 2015 - the club was in a bad place, and apart from that, maybe they wanted KJ in the 2's as a KPP for his own development.

But after that..........

With MM he played 7 games then got injured for most of the year so never had a chance with Barker. He was young and there for development at that point. After that it was Bolton. Remember going to a VFL game here in Geelong in 2016 and he was simply outstanding with his leading, contested marking and goal kicking. Some players though simply don't want to help themselves and then work it out when it's too late. Apparently his attitude outside was poor as was his attitude at team meetings, which was very bad, at least from what i've heard.

On another note Carlton is going live tomorrow with a major announcement at 9.30am.

Reply #62
With MM he played 7 games then got injured for most of the year so never had a chance with Barker. He was young and there for development at that point. After that it was Bolton. Remember going to a VFL game here in Geelong in 2016 and he was simply outstanding with his leading, contested marking and goal kicking. Some players though simply don't want to help themselves and then work it out when it's too late.

Well KJ full of potential but delivered nothing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
Well KJ full of potential but delivered nothing!

Playing well is one thing, wanting to is another.

Reply #64
With MM he played 7 games then got injured for most of the year so never had a chance with Barker. He was young and there for development at that point. After that it was Bolton. Remember going to a VFL game here in Geelong in 2016 and he was simply outstanding with his leading, contested marking and goal kicking. Some players though simply don't want to help themselves and then work it out when it's too late. Apparently his attitude outside was poor as was his attitude at team meetings, which was very bad, at least from what i've heard.

On another note Carlton is going live tomorrow with a major announcement at 9.30am.

Thanks Jim.

Wonder what the major announcement is ? Signing Dusty ?

Reply #65

I got a message via the app saying they are partnering up with Uber and UberEats.

Its on the website but tomorrow could be something else.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-24/uber-and-ubereats-deliver-new-partnerships

2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #67
I got a message via the app saying they are partnering up with Uber and UberEats.

Its on the website but tomorrow could be something else.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-08-24/uber-and-ubereats-deliver-new-partnerships

It's on their Facebook page as well, but there's another post saying that the club will be making a major announcement tomorrow at 9:30AM so I don't think it's got anything to do with Uber.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #68
It's on their Facebook page as well, but there's another post saying that the club will be making a major announcement tomorrow at 9:30AM so I don't think it's got anything to do with Uber.
Roger that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
I suspect Bolton is getting his long term deal.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
A retirement?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #73
Carlton

B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Sam Docherty.
HB: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Ciaran Byrne.
C: Zac Fisher, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Blaine Boekhorst.
HF: Matthew Wright, Charlie Curnow, Dale Thomas.
F: Jed Lamb, Levi Casboult, Jarrod Pickett.
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy.
Int: Dennis Armfield, Sam Kerridge, Billie Smedts, Tom Williamson.

Emg: Nick Graham, Kristian Jaksch, David Cuningham.

In: Dennis Armfield
Out: Jack Silvagni (Shoulder)

I always have a few questions about our selection. This week is no exception. I am a bit surprised to see Smedts named, but there are already rumours he may miss. Fair enough.
I think Graham is a bit stiff not to get a game, as he was very good last week.
I was hoping that Caleb Marchbank would get up, but I guess we've seen fit to allow him to properly recover.

Sydney Swans

B: Nick Smith, Heath Grundy, Dane Rampe.
HB: Zak Jones, Lewis Melican, Jarrad McVeigh.
C: Isaac Heeney, Josh P. Kennedy, Jake Lloyd.
HF: Gary Rohan, Lance Franklin, Harry Cunningham.
F: George Hewett, Kurt Tippett, Sam Reid.
R: Callum Sinclair, Luke Parker, Kieren Jack.
Int: Will Hayward, Callum Mills, Nic Newman, Dean Towers.

Emg: Jordan Foote, Jeremy Laidler, Daniel Robinson.

In: Harry Cunningham, Nic Newman.

Out: Dan Hannebery (Hip), Tom Papley (Knee)

3 key forwards look interesting. Next year, when our list is fit. They may not try that trick. Not even sure it will work this time. But it is something we will have to be aware of. We do have only 3 tall defenders named, which means that Plowman may have to play tall this week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #74
I suspect Bolton is getting his long term deal.

That would suit me, he knows what he's doing and Collingwood might be in the market.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.