Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 27067 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #45
Must say I'm shocked. I was so positive with Murphy out and Graham in, as some on here have been baying for, I was sure we would win easily.....

Reply #46
Seriously, where does a win come from this year??? It’s not unreasonable to think we won’t win a game this year....

Doing my best 'stay positive' impersonation I can say this: we haven't beaten this mob in 3 or 4 years. They also haven't lost many at BA. That's all I've got. Hope it cheers people up a little  :P
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
Must say I'm shocked. I was so positive with Murphy out and Graham in, as some on here have been baying for, I was sure we would win easily.....

Are you looking for the "tongue in cheek" emoticon?
Henry Ford.

Reply #48
I said Kreuzer's injury was probably going to be a long term thing, he'll probably be like that for the remainder of the season, if they keep playing him.

I won't be surprised that they pull the pin on him before halfway and start setting him for 2019. The thing is if it's a iliopsoas it cannot get worse, but I doubt it will improve while he continues playing. They need him to get working on building support strength to correct the loss of core stability or he'll burn this season and most of his next!

This season is lost already, why fight it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49

It's OK Jack there is no point bothering, the Murphy haters will remain Murphy haters even when he's clearly and obviously missed.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
LP, I'm not a physio but what exactly are Kreuzer's and Murph's injuries?

I had a groin tear and missed a season, could run in a straight line but couldn't move laterally.  Lost pace and power and it took 18 months to improve. 

Murph's injury sounds serious, is it related to an achilles strain?  I can see him missing a lot of football as well. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
FMD, posters are giving SoJ votes for that pile of sh1te!

If Weitering had played a game like that the same people would have in the stocks outside the ground facing three tonne of rotten tomatoes!

Sh1te, if only I had a surname I could be anything!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
Would have loved for Brendon to say the team was crape tonight, and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel for the foreseeable future, just some honesty that's all.....
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #53
Did Murphy re-injure the syndemosis ankle ?
Henry Ford.

Reply #54
Putting aside any discussion about game plan & tactics.....it’s our basic skills & decision-making which are the biggest red flags for me, they simply aren’t AFL standard & quite frankly, an indictment on the entire playing group....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #55

I had a groin tear and missed a season, could run in a straight line but couldn't move laterally.  Lost pace and power and it took 18 months to improve. 

Murph's injury sounds serious, is it related to an achilles strain?  I can see him missing a lot of football as well.

Kreuzer's injury hasn't really been reported in detail, but I doubted at the time it was a simple groin strain, it looked to me like it was an iliopsoas which is the muscle running from your spine across your pelvis to the inside of your thigh. It's the muscle that keeps you stable during lateral movement, and without it working correctly you lose a lot of power and agility. The common symptoms are no power jumping, not being able to stop suddenly, difficulty changing direction. But it's usually pain free after a week or so, and you can play on restricted. A couple of tells tonight, Kreuzer almost zero jump, often ended up stumbling onto his knees when trying to stop and change direction.

Murphy could be turf toe, or plantar fasciitism of the tendons that run from your heal along under your foot to your big toe. It could be two weeks or it could be many weeks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56

Murphy has done his plantar fascia in some way.  It's got good and bad points.

The good, it's a tendonitis type injury, and once damaged repairs quickly if surgery is required.

The bad: surgery won't help unless it's snapped.

Robert Harvey snapped his by repeatedly jumping off a chair.  Was back playing within a week.

I watched Murphy warm up in runners recently.  I'd say this has been bothering him for quite some time.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #57

It's a $hit injury. If he's been playing with that no wonder he struggled. Will keep him out for a little while.

Reply #58
From afl website

The Blues will anxiously await the result of scans on Murphy's aggravated plantar fascia problem on Monday.

Not sure if the reporter is indicating that he aggravated an existing problem.  Time will tell I guess.

All the best to Murphy for a complete recovery.
Henry Ford.

Reply #59
Putting aside any discussion about game plan & tactics.....it’s our basic skills & decision-making which are the biggest red flags for me, they simply aren’t AFL standard & quite frankly, an indictment on the entire playing group....

Brettie, I am usually onboard with you but clearly the problem is between the ears - look at the way we played agst. St Kilda, hAWKS THEN THE tIGERS...

Then a fall into putrid....

Something has happened...

And Bolts should be worried.
Finals, then 4 in a row!