Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Carlton v Fitzroy Rnd 12 (Read 10156 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Carlton v Fitzroy Rnd 12

Reply #45
Bolton apparently!

Time to let it go, Spotted One.

Believe me, there is not one person on this site who isn't painfully aware that you hate BB being sacked. We've got it. Time to move on.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #46
Bolton apparently!

He was the one there for the previous 77 games. Who else do you think it was.

Reply #47
Somehow we need to find some composure. We are rushed and that leads to errors.

There was some good composure later in that qtr, Fluffy One. Our errors for the first qtr and a half were embarrassing for a senior side...

Weitering really coming of age with some of his efforts and decisions in that qtr.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #48
@ Baggers
Yep we did start to look better for sure. Agree Weiters in fine form.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
Bolton is gone, I dont give a fark who was there or who is there now. But don't you think it is even a little bit sad to expect any senior coach at AFL level needing to teach players basic skills? How do we continually draft players that cant kick or handball?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #50
Time to let it go, Spotted One.

Believe me, there is not one person on this site who isn't painfully aware that you hate BB being sacked. We've got it. Time to move on.

It's not the sacking of BB, or any other coach, it's the weathervane and merry-go-round of excuses and blame by our club and it's fans that burn me!

Today's first quarter and a half show you just how wrong the reactive decision was, no matter who was coach, the reasons for our problems were obvious and are to remain unchanged this week or for the rest of the season! Even if we could win it won't change that fact!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51

Barker even longer, and Teague for the last 35 or so games, with Rocca as kicking coach for nearly three seasons!

Blameless?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
I love the In Game Thread ;D.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to go too early.
It can come back to bite you ;)

I haven't said on any post that they can't win. In fact I hope they do...... for my Grandsons sake. at least. He's so used to us losing, that he doesn't cry anymore. :(

As a 65 year supporter and member, I'm just so bloody disappointed at what I have seen over the last 15 or so years.

I lived through similar cr@p in the 50's and 60's till Barassi came along, but this is far worse.

I hold the Board from the President down responsible for the debacle we are witnessing.

Bolton is gone, and I'm not going to harp on him any further, other than to say, that I had my fears from day one about him.

Had the results been the same or even two or three wins better  over the last three and a half years, it wouldn't have been good, but  I wouldn't have been concerned, provided their kicking skills, decision making, tackling ability, etc etc etc had improved.

But they haven't. Petrevski's kick under no pressure in the last minute of the second quarter where he could not hit a target, is symptomatic of the malaise that this team suffers.

I hope that whomever is appointed coach will take a long hard look at blokes like Fisher, Dow, Sammo, LOB, Matt Kennedy and others, as to whether or not they are up to the standard necessary to be part of a finals team, let alone a premiership team.

I can forgive Setterfield a bit, because he's been out for a long time and is only 20 or 21, and will hopefully get better.

I don't envy David Teague the next 11 weeks, but I wish him well and hope that this team will do nothing other than give everything they can each week, so that if he doesn't get the job next year, at least he won't leave the position a shattered man, and will be able to have future as a coach if not with us then elsewhere.

Reply #53

Dow starting to look  good

Reply #54

You actually have a clue? Every time you post you look more silly. Time to stop embarrassing yourself.

Bolton was the head coach for the previous 77 games. Rest were poor old assistants trapped inside his plan.

You're absolutely right, send me another messiah!

Maybe supporters are the reason we've suffered 15 years of bullcrap, we'd be better off without them! Everytime they jeer we lose!

Over the last few weeks, all I've heard is things like having SoJ or Gibbons as marking targets was Bolton's fault. Small and medium defenders not crumbing Bolton's fault, Walsh and Dow missing targets open targets with unforced errors Bolton's fault. Charlie chook running, Bolton's fault, McKay not contesting marks, SPS, Dow, Fisher missing goals from 20m out, Bolton's fault, Bolton's fault, Bolton's fault!

Yet there it is all still there today, much of it organisational not skills based!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
Come on!!!

Go Blues
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #56
The dead cat is bouncing us in front.... ;)

Reply #57
Even Fisher is kicking.

COME ON BOYS!!!!!

Reply #58
The dead cat is bouncing!  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball