Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 22867 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Celebration: AFL 2019 Rd 12: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #135
How about Gillon spends time making sure the goal review maggots do their jobs properly.

He doesn't have time. Too busy put Saints brand up in lights in Shanghai ????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #137
Don't tell me the AFL haven't been "coaching" the umpires to call out anything they feel is abusive.  I would not believe it for a second

Reply #138
Don't tell me the AFL haven't been "coaching" the umpires to call out anything they feel is abusive.  I would not believe it for a second

The AFL are becoming a law unto themselves.
I must be mistaken thinking footy is the pride and joy of our country. Not a play maker for the priveledged few.
Stop messing with our sport ????

No supporters = No AFL. A CFL ???????? maybe but no AFL.
Henry Ford.

Reply #139
I'll swear less at the footy when the flogs,  I mean umpires,  develop some kind of consistency with the guidelines that used to be rules.

The AFL created this mess and have no idea how to sort it out.   As outlined above,  cure the problem and there won't be symptoms to deal with.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #140
Was at the game and thought we were gone early in second so was so proud of the boys to dig in and turn things around against competition.

The pillars are definitely there. Still too much reliance on one player but fmd he is some sort of a player! 

Weitering has to be close to AA contention. Doesn’t get enough praise imo.

Casboult has found a spot and despite playing only a handful of games there looks as comfortable and competent as plowman or Marchbank. Im rapt for him.

Walsh is better then good - is one step away only from an a-grader midfielder which is absolutely amazing. Love this kid.

Gibbons is another who makes us look a lot better, is quick and and is a decent user, adds real pressure and genuine pace to our midfield which we lacked.

Doesn’t get much of the ball but McGovern is a vital part our team imo. Has presence which while Harry and Charlie both probably have more upside, neither have that element yet.

We will make a big move upward, as soon as the likes of Cunningham, Fisher, SPS, Dow, Setterfield get their output to Walsh’s level then we won’t rely so much on Cripps and when that happens we will have arrived. We will be a lot harder to beat once we have a more balanced midfield group. I trust our backs to get the job done and we have the tall forwards to kick decent scores once they start seeing better delivery. The midfield group is still under gunned apart from 2 players. Can’t wait when the kids become regular contributors.

Much happier than this time last week.

Reply #141
Highlight of the week. Crippa's smile before he launched the torp before the final siren. Well done young fella. You've also launched some hope for the Blues Faithful.

Loved Simmo's shotgun gig and Daisy's measured enquiry with the green rulers.
Dow and LOB were very good, showing flashes of their potential.
Walshy ????
Weiters ????
Ed can tag (????)
Charlie picked up his game admirably.
Whoever held Cameron in the 2nd half is a genius.
Levi is a reliable defender
Newy and Gibbons ✔✔

A lot to like today.
Most importantly, we fought back from -37.
A 50+ turnaround against 5th place Lions is perserverance and belief personified ????
Henry Ford.

Reply #142
I believe Plowman had Cameron.

Reply #143

Agreed. Occasionally Newman but mostly Plow. Was actually one of Plowman's better games. Can't remember many horrible turnovers.

Reply #144
Agreed. Occasionally Newman but mostly Plow. Was actually one of Plowman's better games. Can't remember many horrible turnovers.

Take a bow Mr Plowman????
I didn't notice him so much but he was obviously getting his job done.
Our defense, despite significantly injury again this year, have been cohesive on the whole.
Henry Ford.

Reply #145

Gibbons is another who makes us look a lot better, is quick and and is a decent user, adds real pressure and genuine pace to our midfield which we lacked.

How good were his runs down the commentary side boundary and delivery I50 on the left peg no less?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #146

Yes, but the match ups change as players switch and protect space.

One of the highlights for me was when Weitering was opposed to Cameron and managed to turn a certain goal into a rushed behind.  A key defender who can defeat a much faster and more agile small forward is a rare commodity, particularly when he has held most of the key forwards this season.  A very under rated player is our Jacob Weitering!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #147
Take a bow Mr Plowman????
I didn't notice him so much but he was obviously getting his job done.
Our defense, despite significantly injury again this year, have been cohesive on the whole.

Plowman is average

Reply #148
Yes, but the match ups change as players switch and protect space.

One of the highlights for me was when Weitering was opposed to Cameron and managed to turn a certain goal into a rushed behind.  A key defender who can defeat a much faster and more agile small forward is a rare commodity, particularly when he has held most of the key forwards this season.  A very under rated player is our Jacob Weitering!

+1  game winning stuff and very team lifting.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #149
How many matches has weitering been beaten this year? The poor bloke sees a lot of the high pressure balls playing in this team, as well as losing some key defenders , yet this kid has grow into the general of our defence.

He is more then just an incepting defender now. He can be relied upon to spoil consistently, he can chase down a forward like a small defender, is reliable by foot and has the smarts and poise in what can be a very hectic part of the ground. 

Cripps is amazing we all know that but let’s not forget what sort of player young weitering has become.  Will be our key defender for the next 10 years.

Very proud of this kid.