Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 11633 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
JON RALPH’S BEST
BLUES: Silvagni, Kreuzer, Casboult, Newman, Setterfield, Curnow, Murphy

Simply ridiculous to have Newman in there. he was nothing short of atrocious.

Reply #61
Yeah I'm not sure Ralph watched the game, maybe just looked at the stats.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #62
Simply ridiculous to have Newman in there. he was nothing short of atrocious.

Our backline had a shocker today right across the board I thought. Quite a few disappointing moments - and some completely crazy ones.

We desperately need to upgrade Plowman. He's costing us 3-5 goals a week.

Reply #64
Nobody has mentioned Gibbons yet didn’t see game was he a late out ?

Reply #65
He played. Kicked a nice banana goal in the last. That was about it.

Reply #66

Gibbons played a solid quarter or two, like most players.
He showed his nous and slotted a nice goal from the boundary.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #67
Umpires ruined a good game of footy today.
I wonder why we get some of the worst decisions going around. Then I realize that it is 16th vs 17th: of course we get the dregs of the umpiring fraternity! Even so, some crucial decisions today really went against us. As for the Umps, I'd hate to have some of those decisions on my CV!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #68
I know Setterfield got a good run, but did he get a front on, head high right at the finish??
Indeed. But he also had a couple of other chances ... I'm not going there yet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
Demons certainly deserved the win. They were the better team for 3 quarters. Terrible skills by both teams. Great effort by Silvagni and Casboult, at least early on.
I would have liked to steal the game, but it would have been theft. We were very ordinary for a lot of the game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #70
They started today as they trained at the open session yesterday - missed handballs,  not catching a handball, plenty of ordinary kicks.

We should have lost by heaps today if the Dees took their chances.  Credit to our boys for not giving it away and somehow hanging in there.

Don't use the Demons misfortunes to denigrate our last quarter, though.   Wouldn't it be nice if we could bring our last quarter to a while game.  We seem to go better as the opposition tires a bit.

Reply #71
I would have liked to steal the game, but it would have been theft. We were very ordinary for a lot of the game.

Yes indeedy. I can't figure out which is worse - maintaining a lead most of the game and then losing in the dying seconds like Suns and Hawks, or trailing most of the game and having to play break neck footy in the dying minutes, and still losing. It's like two ends of a spectrum, with a yawning chasm in between.

Reply #72
Yeah plow craps me.

Constantly expecting more from him and mostly get disappointed.

Reply #73
Smashed in the middle for most of the game, not sure how you can blame the forwards?

SPS, Dow, Fisher, Setterfield all high draft picks and all crap today.
Started in the ruck: Preuss showed what a good player he really is. Kreuzer tried, and did better in the last quarter, but Preuss gave their mids an armchair ride.
Then, our mids couldn't get near their opponents. Setterfield just about had Fritsch as BOG with his horrible start.
Their mids are bigger and more mature, and we lacked Cripps. But we really need to give Cripps more help.
So many players did so little today. Very disappointing.
And our disposal.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #74
Newman gets a lot of the ball which is the first part but geez he hands it straight back way too often. Like the fact he keeps taking it on but just has to reduce the amount of clangers as they just kill us.

Can’t wait to see doc back - will be a different team with him being the main man running out of defence setting us up.

Don’t think we are miles off. Add the right players in this years trade period and could see a massive jump next season.