Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 11195 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #45
Not too sure I feel the same thoughts. Well drilled team with defensive game that could have us turn the ball over way too often. They stand to lose more than we do, so I expect them to come hard with early intensity. I don’t like my feeling in my stomach for this game.
L

Agree Mants. The Swans are tough and dogged. Will be a very big challenge for us. We must make a strong start and then stay focused.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
L

Agree Mants. The Swans are tough and dogged. Will be a very big challenge for us. We must make a strong start and then stay focused.

Agreed, I expect them to be far more physical, given our recent weeks they will plan to take the run out of our kids long before the last quarter.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
Not too sure I feel the same thoughts. Well drilled team with defensive game that could have us turn the ball over way too often. They stand to lose more than we do, so I expect them to come hard with early intensity. I don’t like my feeling in my stomach for this game.

Sadly Mantis, I suspect that your stomach may be on the money.  However, it only takes one team to be slightly off the boil to change the expected result.  Hopefully, the Swans will underestimate us and we’ll blow them away in the first quarter  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #48
If they're missing Buddy, McVeigh and Sinclaire I don't mind our chances. Especially with Cripps & Harry back.

Hopefully the long trip back from Perth and the lack of tall forwards caused that bit of a dip last week.

Reply #49
L

They are also missing Sinclair and Buddy.  Alir in the ruck means he won't be available to cover Harry/Levi.

Cripps back in and raring to go.  And the SCG is not the fortress it once was.

Bring it on!
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #50
They are also missing Sinclair and Buddy.  Alir in the ruck means he won't be available to cover Harry/Levi.

Bring it on!

Fair enough T. but the Swans have plenty of other very very good players. I don't write us off but I'm not underestimating the task ahead, deep in enemy territory.

Reply #51

Green Stick good buddy, I have the utmost respect for your gut and what you say is right. Their brand of 'tight' footy could see us turn it over too much... but... Teaguey has stated that we're prepared, with our new game style' to quickly cover for turnovers. What leans me in our direction is our ability to score quickly and repeatedly and this might just be too much for the Fluffy Ducks. Plus, on this smaller ground Crippa could just run amok. All we need bring is to be switched on, scoring wise, from the get-go.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #52

Bring it on!

I think they will bring Darcy Cameron in to ruck so Alir can play down back....

Reply #53

And the likes of Reid and Hayward are no slouches up forward.

Reply #54
And the likes of Reid and Hayward are no slouches up forward.

Papley, Parker, Heeney and of late Blakey are all capable goalkickers so not having Buddy has probably helped the
Swans become less predictable.
Word is that Jarrod McVeigh will also get up for this game so even without Buddy, Sinclair etc its not going to be easy on their home deck.

Reply #55
Cameron hasn't played for a month...good luck with that.

Very winnable game, especially with Crippa and Big H back in.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #56
Goddard has been told that he will be playing. Good luck to him.

Reply #57
Fox reporting Weitering, McGovern and Marchbank all out injured

Reply #58
In: Cripps, McKay, Goddard.

Out: Marchbank, Weitering (both inj), McGovern (Managed).

Reply #59
No real surprises - good luck to Goddard.