Skip to main content
Topic: Best 22 so far (Read 3046 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Best 22 so far

Reply #150
SPS is a midfielder IMO and a waste on the HBF and he doesnt defend anyway and is purely a rebounder IMO, its given him some confidence etc but with Docherty back its time for him to return to the midfield.
I feel SPS has a problem that affects both his roles, the HBF as well as in the Midfield, he's too laconic.

When there is a turnover he is slow to react to the change in the direction of play, so when the game is heavily contested and continually flipping direction he becomes increasingly disconnected to the play. He's fine when it's all in front of him and he can just hunt the footy, but the minute the pill starts to bounce about it's like watching a pong puck on Valium!

I can see that in the long term the same people that hated watching Gibbs will grow to hate SPS.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #151
On 3AW this morning, John Anderson predicted Cripps for the Brownlow and for Rising Star - Liam Stocker.  He said that a club insider who happened to have won a couple of Brownlows himself (read Diesel....) has high expectations.  We can only hope.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #152
On 3AW this morning, John Anderson predicted Cripps for the Brownlow and for Rising Star - Liam Stocker.  He said that a club insider who happened to have won a couple of Brownlows himself (read Diesel....) has high expectations.  We can only hope.....
I reckon Crippa hasnt peaked yet and Diesel knows this. If he cant stay fit and healthy, he will be the best the player in the comp (yes even better than Dusty). As for Stocko, I see something really special with him, apart from the fact he has a heap of c%&$ in him, he has his head screwed on and I reckon he will be a future leader of our club. Exciting times ahead.
2017 - Bigger, Stronger, Faster, Harder, Smarter. #ruthless
2018 - Could be a long year...
2019 - The Empire Strikes Back
2020 - No more BS, no more excuses, it's time.

Reply #153
All we need is for all 22, whoever they may be, to deliver four quarters of football!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #154
Having  no injuries would be a bonus .

Reply #155
Exactly as I see it.
SPS must be more of a mid.
Has all the attributes and we need mids.
Williamson, when fit will outperform the others as he is tough, and can defend properly.
His kicking is a weapon

Pretty confident the time SPS spent in defence was only to build his game and give him time to learn and develop without the bash and crash of playing in an undermanned midfield.

Been in the system 4 years now so apprenticeship is over, like McGrath at the cheats see him spending a lot more time next to Cripps provided Doc holds up.