Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Banter: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11587 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Banter: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #15
Reckon we can roll the Lions if our football life depends on it. Hopefully anyway.

We can roll anyone on any given day.

But lets learn to walk before we run.

We SHOULD just make the 8 if we win 3 of our next 5....as long as Pies is one of them.

Reply #16

But lets learn to walk before we run.

We SHOULD just make the 8 if we win 3 of our next 5....as long as Pies is one of them.

I could live with a 9-8 season either way but that likely gets you in.

Reply #17
This is probably the biggest game we've been involved in for 7 years. Essentially a mini final. Win and we'll be hard to keep out of the top 8. Lose and the season is done.

Sidebottom going home helps.... a LOT!!

He always kills us. Hopefully North knock them off and they cop another couple of injuries.

Reply #18
This is probably the biggest game we've been involved in for 7 years. Essentially a mini final. Win and we'll be hard to keep out of the top 8. Lose and the season is done.

Sidebottom going home helps.... a LOT!!

He always kills us. Hopefully North knock them off and they cop another couple of injuries.

Handy if North knocks them off. Leave Collingwood 2pts ahead having played one more game than us. They haven't had their bye yet.

Dogs haven't had their bye either. They're a game ahead with a similar percentage.

Reply #19

I really feel that all things being equal, there is no team that we should fear except for WCE in Perth. Almost all home ground / home crowd advantages have been eliminated and we have proven Geelong, Port, Dogs,  do not scare us, we've improved heaps since Richmond and GWS aren't the force that they have been.

Reply #20
Handy if North knocks them off. Leave Collingwood 2pts ahead having played one more game than us. They haven't had their bye yet.

Dogs haven't had their bye either. They're a game ahead with a similar percentage.

Agreed. A win against the pies puts us in control when you look at the run home for our competitors for 8th.

Not the end of the world if we miss but it will help with recruitment if we make finals and also - we fear very few opponents.

Reply #21
Agreed. A win against the pies puts us in control when you look at the run home for our competitors for 8th.

Not the end of the world if we miss but it will help with recruitment if we make finals and also - we fear very few opponents.

Make sure you watch the Pies Monday night, they are looking terrible quite frankly.

And take Sidebottom out, no reason we shouldn't win comfortably.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #22
I really feel that all things being equal, there is no team that we should fear except for WCE in Perth. Almost all home ground / home crowd advantages have been eliminated and we have proven Geelong, Port, Dogs,  do not scare us, we've improved heaps since Richmond and GWS aren't the force that they have been.

Richmond are very good IMO and still well in the hunt for the flag, they have injuries but have covered them well which most teams including us cant do. The other teams are very lucky the Grand final is probably in Brisbane and not at the MCG else the Tigers would win easily IMO.
Agree on GWS...

Reply #23
Collingwood have a terrible injury list - a lot of their good players, forward, mids and backs. We would be a lock for winning this based on injuries alone. DeGoey, Howe, Quaynor, Reid, Sier, Treloar.

Mihocek, Quaynor, Roughead all 50/50. Not to mention Beams, although maybe including him isn't quite right.

Beams was gone before he started and hardly had any influence last year.

Not sure why the media and many on here bang on about their injuries.

Apart from Degoery, Howe and Treloar the rest are back up players and not prime movers.

Let’s not forget we have no Charlie, no Kruezer, no McGovern, no Newman, no Jack. Add in injuries to marchbank, Cunningham Fisher etc could easily argue we have been hit worse then them.  Losing Charlie and Kruezer is massive for us - I have many close pies mates and they all reckon the media is letting bucks off the hook and they don’t blame injuries alone for where they are.

Reply #24
Beams was gone before he started and hardly had any influence last year.

Not sure why the media and many on here bang on about their injuries.

Apart from Degoery, Howe and Treloar the rest are back up players and not prime movers.

Let’s not forget we have no Charlie, no Kruezer, no McGovern, no Newman, no Jack. Add in injuries to marchbank, Cunningham Fisher etc could easily argue we have been hit worse then them.  Losing Charlie and Kruezer is massive for us - I have many close pies mates and they all reckon the media is letting bucks off the hook and they don’t blame injuries alone for where they are.
Indeed. Collingwood might complain about their injuries, but we have more of our important players out than they do.
Collingwood have problems, not all of them due to player availability.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #25
Reckon we can roll the Lions if our football life depends on it. Hopefully anyway.

They might have the que in the rack by then....
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #26
Owies kicked another 3 goals in the ressies. At what point does he push Eddie out? I have always thought you have to reward effort and if the guy keeps consistently hitting the scoreboard he has to play.

Dow seems to have been good again and another who probably needs to be playing now.

History shows if you leave guys in the ressies who are performing well they leave and go to another club who will give them a go.

Reply #27
Lets hope tonight's game is a high intensity, uncompromising, energy sapping crash and bash spiteful affair!!!

Reply #28
Unfortunately it is predicted to be quite mild conditions at game time tonight, perfect for football, so all we can hope for is plain old spite and retribution!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Owies kicked another 3 goals in the ressies. At what point does he push Eddie out? I have always thought you have to reward effort and if the guy keeps consistently hitting the scoreboard he has to play.
Not for a long time, Owies is opportunistic but not so creative like Betts or Martin, however he clearly has some skills and pace which is very very nice to see, and he finishes with quality. I think for now he competes more with Cunningham and Fisher, I could see him in and Fisher getting his midfield wish if sMurph or Gibbons get a rest/holiday. If Owies keeps progressing I can see him diminishing our need for a small forward recruit to replace Betts when he eventually retires.

Dow seems to have been good again and another who probably needs to be playing now.
Who goes out though, I'd expect Kennedy to be straight back in once fit!

History shows if you leave guys in the ressies who are performing well they leave and go to another club who will give them a go.
Or they lose heart and lose form, from being over-cooked!
The Force Awakens!