Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Discussion Round 15 Carlton vs GWS at Metricon. (Read 9546 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Discussion Round 15 Carlton vs GWS at Metricon.

Reply #15
Like to play TDK then, of course, Mummy is their ruckman.
I think Pittonet is a perfect match up for Mumford, De Koning could be broken in two first Mumford tackle.

I realise De Koning might hurt GWS around the ground, might, but you have to stop Mumford beating up on your mids. Outside of the hitting and tackling Mumford doesn't contribute much at all.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
If Plowman gets the job on Greene then I'm joining Bet365 and putting money on Greene for 3 Brownlow Votes.....Stephenson made him look putrid yesterday and Greene is a class above Stephenson. He will tear us apart and not sure we even really have a match up for him....maybe Williamson gets a crack at him?

Reply #17
I think Pittonet is a perfect match up for Mumford, De Koning could be broken in two first Mumford tackle.

I realise De Koning might hurt GWS around the ground, might, but you have to stop Mumford beating up on your mids. Outside of the hitting and tackling Mumford doesn't contribute much at all.
I'd tag team him with TDK bringing us home in the last quarter when the Mumster is tired...Mummy as you say is less interested in football these days and more interested in damaging the opposition.
Need to damage deBoer and get him off Cripps...another lean day for the skipper coming up unless Teague and Barker can think their way through it.

Reply #18
If Plowman gets the job on Greene then I'm joining Bet365 and putting money on Greene for 3 Brownlow Votes.....Stephenson made him look putrid yesterday and Greene is a class above Stephenson. He will tear us apart and not sure we even really have a match up for him....maybe Williamson gets a crack at him?
Have we heard the MRP results yet, Greene might not be playing it is not like he is an MRP favourite!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Have we heard the MRP results yet, Greene might not be playing it is not like he is an MRP favourite!
Rocky said got away with a fine
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
I'd tag team him with TDK bringing us home in the last quarter when the Mumster is tired...Mummy as you say is less interested in football these days and more interested in damaging the opposition.
Need to damage deBoer and get him off Cripps...another lean day for the skipper coming up unless Teague and Barker can think their way through it.
All Cripps has to do is go hard at the football and run into a few small opposition mids, they'll become hesitant and life will be easier for the rest of our midfield without Cripps needing to do much more than that! If he had run collided with Adams or Elliott early on we might be talking about a different result today, because of his size Cripps doesn't even need to deliberately bump, he can orchestrate a straight out collision with his shoulder.

Perhaps we should engage Hodge as a coach for next season!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Yesterday was our biggest game since 2013 EF/SF'S. Thursday now is even bigger. Win and the Swans and Adelaide are to come. 4 day break is my biggest worry. Just hope we can come up both physically and mentally again after yesterday.

Reply #22
All Cripps has to do is go hard at the football and run into a few small opposition mids, they'll become hesitant and life will be easier for the rest of our midfield without Cripps needing to do much more than that! If he had run collided with Adams or Elliott early on we might be talking about a different result today, because of his size Cripps doesn't even need to deliberately bump, he can orchestrate a straight out collision with his shoulder.

Perhaps we should engage Hodge as a coach for next season!
DeBoer has had the wood on him before and had a good game on Fyfe, I'd be prepared to play Cripps at FF from the goal square and clear out the forward line apart from Eddie.
Bring Kennedy back this game and play Walsh in the middle too, Cottrell on Whitfield and Liam Jones on Greene.

Reply #23
GWS are coming off 5 day break, flew back from Perth so I think that negates our 4 day turnaround, time to bring in O'Brien, Cunners, Cottrell players who can run.

Reply #24
DeBoer has had the wood on him before and had a good game on Fyfe, I'd be prepared to play Cripps at FF from the goal square and clear out the forward line apart from Eddie.
Bring Kennedy back this game and play Walsh in the middle too, Cottrell on Whitfield and Liam Jones on Greene.

Hopefully he can take all his kicks from 10m out from goal. He'd miss otherwise...lol.

Reply #25
Hopefully he can take all his kicks from 10m out from goal. He'd miss otherwise...lol.

I did say goal square because I knew some smarty 😉 would mention his kicking....reckon if he kicked a few easy ones it might lift his confidence and the teams. Think if we go in with the traditional setup it will be the traditional result.
We are still a chance to play finals if we beat GWS and I'd be going down swinging rather than just rockup like we did vs Collingwood, they have been flaky and dont like it hard so I'd make it a grinding physical game.

Reply #26
Elwood. Our boys don’t like the physical game either. Toss a coin to pick the result in this match.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #27
Elwood. Our boys don’t like the physical game either. Toss a coin to pick the result in this match.
Mants, I think we can can grind a game out and make it hard for them, they are very skilfull, like to be pretty with the ball but do get frustrated if its contest after contest and its not a free flowing game. They dont like being pressured, chased and its the teams that do that well for 4 quarters beat them. If we engage in pretty end to end footy we will be carved up like a Sunday roast.
When I say hard its less about bash and crash, intimidation etc  and more about continual pressure and getting numbers around the footy which means running hard, working for your teammate ie blocking, shepherding, providing the outlet when under pressure. Saying all that we also need the coach and MC to display a bit more nous than they did vs Collingwood and get matchups right, selections right and treat it like a final.
Hopefully GWS think we have given it away for the year and will just rock up and go through the motions....

Reply #28
I hear what you are saying. I just fear if an opponent gets a run on of 2 or 3 goals, we turn to jelly. Freeze like a deer in the headlights. Fail to support each other with the pressure needed to stop the bleeding. Lack of hard running, team play, blocking, shepherding. All these one percenters are where we fall over in a 4 quarter match. I hope we win this match. Just can’t see it happening. Not a 4 quarter side yet. Mentally not there in our development. If they play fancy footy early and get ahead on the scoreboard. We could be toast by the end of the game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #29
I hear what you are saying. I just fear if an opponent gets a run on of 2 or 3 goals, we turn to jelly. Freeze like a deer in the headlights. Fail to support each other with the pressure needed to stop the bleeding. Lack of hard running, team play, blocking, shepherding. All these one percenters are where we fall over in a 4 quarter match. I hope we win this match. Just can’t see it happening. Not a 4 quarter side yet. Mentally not there in our development. If they play fancy footy early and get ahead on the scoreboard. We could be toast by the end of the game.
Agree..stopping run ons isnt one of our strong points and a quarter of fancy GWS footy with their talent is probably a winning one.
A lot of that is leadership and its up to Cripps, Docherty and Simpson etc to direct traffic as well as the coach to make moves to slow the game down and adjust to swings in momentum.