Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 8507 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2021 Rd 2: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #60
I take back what I said about Mirkov... unless he can use his volleyballs skills or height... he's clueless.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #61
I take back what I said about Mirkov... unless he can use his volleyballs skills or height... he's clueless.
He's a long term project player, no different to Cox at the Filth.

The only problem I have, Cox came out of Rugby use to physical contact. A volleyball player like Mirkov might not be so adept at dealing with the physical stuff.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63
I think He'll be really good for this team, not much chop around the ground but seems to get his hand to the ball at the centre bonces and at stoppages. Will really help our Mids development I reckon.

Reply #64
He's a long term project player, no different to Cox at the Filth.

The only problem I have, Cox came out of Rugby use to physical contact. A volleyball player like Mirkov might not be so adept at dealing with the physical stuff.
Thought Cox was a soccer player?

Reply #65
Good to see they have done the right thing and destroyed the opposition.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
Just when I was thinking how impressive Setterfield and O'Brien were they make clumsy, dumb mistakes ...let's be generous and put it down to tiredness/leather poisoning!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #67
Might as well ... sorta screams out at us
They'll probably gone and sign up Fraser Phillips instead.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
Overall Honey is a sweet ball user, silky.

Setterfield looks 10x the player in the midfield than on a HBF.

VFL team playing well is a good long term outlook for the AFL team, it matters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Liked 77 until I saw, especially in the 2nd, how slow he is. 57 has a fair-dinkum dip.
57 Parsons, old fashioned VFL FF, makes the most of his opportunities.

Sorry, I was thinking of 52 not 57.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
Nice to get a win after last week, but I am really surprised how ordinary Brissie were. We need some key position players so badly, yet they couldn't handle the few talls we have.

I'll watch the replay later.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #72
I enjoyed Jack's expert comments.  His ability to analyse and explain what was happening was really informative and his insights into his teammates and their strengths made the coverage much better.

Dow sitting out the last quarter suggests that he may be the medical sub instead of Kennedy ... unless he's injured.

Considering Mirkov has hardly played footy and is nowhere near fit enough, I reckon he has heaps of potential.  Matty K should take him under his wing.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #73
Pretty sure it was rugby, but I might be confusing him with somebody else.

Cox played soccer at high school and limited basketball at college.  I don't think that you could say that he has a background in either sport.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74

Dow sitting out the last quarter suggests that he may be the medical sub instead of Kennedy ... unless he's injured.

Even with a medical dub, there still needs to be an ‘emergency’ in case someone goes down in the prematch etc.  purely precautionary I would think unless someone woke up with Bali belly!!