Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 6246 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #90
Ill make a rather bold prediction and say Durds will surpass Eddie.
Only 636 goals to go.  Not much pressure.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #91
Seven hours of Blue Bliss tomorrow - starting 12.30 with VFL

Reply #92
Fogarty and Dow unlucky not to be in the side. Both have been showing good form.

Reply #93
Pittonet withdrawn - Fogarty comes in the 22

Good luck TDK

Reply #94
Kemp comes into the squad as an emergency, I bet Kemp ends up playing and Young rucks with TDK.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #95
Kemp comes into the squad as an emergency, I bet Kemp ends up playing and Young rucks with TDK.
We got lucky King is injured, you take Young out of the backline to ruck and it means Weitering would get Levi but Chol will have a big size advantage over who ever he plays on.
Reckon Jack might do some rucking this game with Levi and Chol probably doing the relief for Witts....
Plowman might have to play on Lukosius and give away a few cm, I'm never a fan of size mismatches.

Reply #96
Agree, I'd rather they rucked Jack and left the backline alone

Reply #97
Agree, I'd rather they rucked Jack and left the backline alone

The problem is  having to use de Koning as our main ruckman.  He just doesn't seem able to impose himself in that position and as soon as he starts to tire he gets pushed out of position by the opposing ruckman.

It looks as though Jack will have to be a shorter version of Pittonet for most of the game.  I agree that we can't go shorter in the backline.

Reply #98
One thing it does do is add a bit more pace which I think we were lacking with the 22 we originally picked.

Reply #99
Hopefully we get the job done but I just get a feeling that our 'balance' has been knocked around a bit by the illness and injury of the last few weeks.
Really good sides can cover situations where players switch into roles that they don't normally play.
Tomorrow will be interesting. ;)

Reply #100
I would have played Mirkov.  I know he’s learning the caper but his ruckwork, second efforts and marking around the ground and as a forward target are damn good.

Bringing in Fogarty for Pittonet affects the team structure and compromises the roles of other players.

I still think we’ll win but it will be a tighter contest.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #101
I look at the Eagles vs Pies this round and wonder how they won with their issues with so many new entries to their playing squad. How they won is beyond me. We just need to find a win. Stick to the basics while we have momentum. I like what Voss has us doing. Just need to stick with his basic needs. If we win the first 4 games it will be an awesome start to the season.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #102
The problem is  having to use de Koning as our main ruckman.  He just doesn't seem able to impose himself in that position and as soon as he starts to tire he gets pushed out of position by the opposing ruckman.

It looks as though Jack will have to be a shorter version of Pittonet for most of the game.  I agree that we can't go shorter in the backline.
My concern with TDK is his fragility. With Pitto doing alot of the grunt work to date, TDK gets a lot of relief reducing risk of injury. We are going to see today how much load Tom can take as the sole big banana. Yes he will get help from Jack and co but...
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #103
I look at the Eagles vs Pies this round and wonder how they won with their issues with so many new entries to their playing squad. How they won is beyond me.
The trick is a known known versus unknowns, it's the new entrants that opposition cannot plan for, it's a huge short term advantage like having an interim coach, the opposition don't know!

AFL is all about surveillance and preparation, excluding the very elite the bulk of the 750 players aren't that much better than the next 1000. We get fooled by our idolatry.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
The trick is a known known versus unknowns, it's the new entrants that opposition cannot plan for, it's a huge short term advantage like having an interim coach, the opposition don't know!

AFL is all about surveillance and preparation, excluding the very elite the bulk of the 750 players aren't that much better than the next 1000. We get fooled by our idolatry.

Not sure i subscribe to that fact.

The next 1000 are miles off as typified by the number of players that make it then fall away.

You can mount an argument for maybe 50 of the next thousand making the grade but they have limitations and if relied upon too heavily are exposed.

It's not idolatry that makes an AFL football player.   Its a lot of hard work and ability.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson