Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6076 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #105
I wonder if S Durds as an emergency is cover for Kemp (if he doesn't get up).

Kemp had cramp.  I don’t think that will keep him out.

Big Durds was an emergency last week too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #106
Kemp had cramp.  I don’t think that will keep him out.

Big Durds was an emergency last week too.
Righto then, I didn't realise it was cramp, I thought it was a low grade hammy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #107

It was reported as cramp at the time and it wasn’t iced. 

Kemp’s not on this week’s injury list … not that that means much.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #108
Van Rooyen will be permanent forward with Gawn/Grundy rotating. Marchy might have his work cut out this week....unless he goes to Van Rooyen and Weitering minds the rucks? Hopefully TDK and Pitto can push back at times.

Would love Cerra and Walsh in there this week but reckon we've got enough to go with them.

Reply #109

I thought I heard tv commentators say he looked to clutch high hammy. It was BT iirc. Could be anything really or nothing. Good sign that he hasn't been added to the injury list 🤞
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #110
I thought I heard tv commentators say he looked to clutch high hammy. It was BT iirc. Could be anything really or nothing. Good sign that he hasn't been added to the injury list 🤞
I thought I heard the same
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #111
You both heard right. 3:43 left to play. That comment was made by Chris Johnson.

Reply #112
You both heard right. 3:43 left to play. That comment was made by Chris Johnson.

Reassuring to know we're not losing the plot! Not on this occasion at least 😜
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #113
Doc plays his 150 game. In the past these milestone games didn’t go well for us. This season has been a different story for us. Can the club carry their best leader over the line? Demons with debated selections. Fritsch, Harmes, Oliver and probably not the best form to carry through to the finals race. We come in with an unchanged list. Probably the best form we have had all season. Are we due for a loss? We get closer to a loss every win we get on the board. I am thinking at a guess we will fall short by only 2 goals. I hope we are ultra competitive. If our intensity, drive for success and high risk high reward football is in the mindset, then anything is possible. Melbourne is a very difficult side to beat. Their current form doesn’t state it is impossible to win. Is this game more about how desperate to prove a point this Blues unit has before them, than which players are available to hit the field? This could be the most important game of the round. It could be the game that is the real measure of where our club is at. With a list of injuries that is no less than other clubs have. I am not sure what our win loss ratio is against Melbourne in the last 5 seasons. It definitely couldn’t be great.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #114
Doc plays his 150 game. In the past these milestone games didn’t go well for us. This season has been a different story for us. Can the club carry their best leader over the line? Demons with debated selections. Fritsch, Harmes, Oliver and probably not the best form to carry through to the finals race. We come in with an unchanged list. Probably the best form we have had all season. Are we due for a loss? We get closer to a loss every win we get on the board. I am thinking at a guess we will fall short by only 2 goals. I hope we are ultra competitive. If our intensity, drive for success and high risk high reward football is in the mindset, then anything is possible. Melbourne is a very difficult side to beat. Their current form doesn’t state it is impossible to win. Is this game more about how desperate to prove a point this Blues unit has before them, than which players are available to hit the field? This could be the most important game of the round. It could be the game that is the real measure of where our club is at. With a list of injuries that is no less than other clubs have. I am not sure what our win loss ratio is against Melbourne in the last 5 seasons. It definitely couldn’t be great.
Last 5 - LLLLL
Last 20- LLWWWWWWWLWWLLLLLLLL
Haven't beaten them in our last 8 outings so yeah, not great.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #115

Yes Chris said that Kemp came off clutching his hammy and the physios were working on him.  Physios don’t ‘work’ on an injured hamstring, they apply ice.  Kemp joined the players on the ground after the siren and his hammy wasn’t iced.

The ABC said that Kemp had cramp and I think that SEN said the same.

It’s poor that 7 didn’t clarify Kemp’s condition.  Vossy wasn’t asked about it during his presser so I imagine that the media scrum knew that Kemp was fine.

Reply #116
I notice Barrett piling on the pressure on young TDK, demanding he defeats Grundy to prove himself, what a stupid statement.

I've no idea what TDK has done to get this sort of attention, but he cops plenty while his brother passes by unnoticed.

If our combo can get a 50-50 or even a 40-60 loss against Grundy it's a huge achievement, and it might be enough for us to win!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #117
He took Gawn and Grundy both on by himself last time we played them and wasn't disgraced.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #118
To be honest, given our outs, a win here would be the biggest bonus of the season.

Have to play TDK forward as much as possible, or May/Lever will squeeze the life out of Charlie (which is what Battle and Wilkie did last week).

I don't think the clearances will be as lop-sided as they were last week, and I fear we may not have the capacity to kick a winning score if that's the case.

Fingers crossed......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #119
In recent games it's been Harry that gave us the F50 focus against the Dees, but Martin also starred late last season when despite losing we had a spread of goals. Hibberd and Harmes aren't in and they usually bully our smalls.

In recent times we tended to only have Pitto or TDK, this time we hopefully have both for a full game!

Personally, this game is won or lost in the middle, if it gets quickly into and stays in either end too much that team will win.
The Force Awakens!