Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Gold Coast  (Read 3010 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2023 In Game Angst Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #45
Don't shoot the messenger when I say this please. But I was thinking about what Paul Keating said more than 30 years ago. I am looking at the scoreboard early and I said to myself "It was the loss we had to have". Eight in a row, I was thinking our fellas are tired. Like I said earlier, this is not an easy trip or a walkover, especially on their turf.
But to their credit, this has been a great fightback. I reckon this will go down to the wire. Double chance (more in theory than in practice) or a home elimination final is still on the cards to play for.

I actually had the same quote in my head.

Teams who end up winning the GF often have a loss in the last 2-3 weeks of the season. It helps them regain some focus.

Reply #46

Teams who end up winning the GF often have a loss in the last 2-3 weeks of the season. It helps them regain some focus.
Please NOT this ducking week! My heart can’t take it anymore!

Reply #47

But then Collingwood....
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #49
Seven points down at the time of writing. But, we have three more interchange rotations to make than them. Just got to keep the margin within touching distance... PS. One point and two interchanges less than them.

Reply #50
Charlie truly remarkable
Ably helped with Martin and Motlop too. Owies has chimed in, but with more behinds than goals. Harry has looked like he has missed some footy really. Then Harry puts us in front!

Reply #51
Our Charlie, 5 goals 1 behind and nine score involvements. Selflessly dished it off to the big H to put us in front!

Reply #52
Beautiful work Matty. An under-the-radar handy player. Now identifical to Martin and Motlop, 2 goals 2. A handy buffer.

Reply #53
4pts is 4pts🥸
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #54
3 votes Charlie curnow.

Won us the game
and
Saved the game for us as well.

Reply #55
What a game.

Never in doubt.

Reply #56
Sensational fight back. 40 points down at one point. Gutsy gutsy gutsy. Very proud of the boys. Charlie Curnow is off the charts crazy good.

Reply #57
Fair to say I hated every minute of that, except for the final siren part.

Reply #59
Charlie you beauty !
Let’s go BIG !