Skip to main content
Topic: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing (Read 65741 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing

Reply #76
Coped a bit of a media hiding, maybe we'll show something in response?

Reply #77
We need Robbo vs thugs like the Bombers.......

Brock and Bell add extra grunt as well.

Bell OK, fair enough.

Will Robbo be expected to do anything aside from beat up a few Bummers e.g. dispose of the hard won ball to OUR players?

Did Brock's last effort warrant his selection this week?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #78

He's a seasoned campaigner and knows more than most about fighting back to gain redemption, so I say yes.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #79

He's a seasoned campaigner and knows more than most about fighting back to gain redemption, so I say yes.

His past 2 games have been at about the level of how he played when he first arrived.

If he is not fit, pick Cachia. If he is fit, he ought to be close to a VFL game if he doesn't play a hell of a lot better.

Reply #80
This view was born after he closed down about 3 metres on Nick Reiwolt the other year but it was a floater kick and Nick had just tweaked his quad or hammy so he was lame. Outside this instance, I can't really recall him closing in on anyone... I'm sure a YouTube video exists if it's happened.
No my view came from watching him play VFL.

What is more for a while RiverRat had the same view and posted as much on the old forum, I remember this explicitly as RiverRat was one of two that agreed with me.

But this is the nature of watching a player like Watson, opinions of them flip as often as their form does, all aboard the roller-coaster!

IMHO, the fact these kids are still roller-coasters is a coaching issue not a player issue.

I have seen lots of Watson in the VFL and I can count his good quarters on one hand.  The marginally better strike rate at AFL level is due to the fact that he has played infrequently and usually only when there is an incredibly slow opponent to match him up on.

He was, is and will always be too slow. The last time we had a CHB that slow it was Lance Whitnall. Big Red had a fast brain and excellent anticipation and he was still too slow for the AFL in his later seasons.

Reply #81

His past 2 games have been at about the level of how he played when he first arrived.

If he is not fit, pick Cachia. If he is fit, he ought to be close to a VFL game if he doesn't play a hell of a lot better.

Why is Cachia ahead of him?
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #82

Graham  and Cripps are ahead of both of them!

Reply #83

Graham  and Cripps are ahead of both of them!

Please explain and if so the plot does thicken!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #84
After the Richmond game, we were walking to the tram stop and right next to us was Casboult and his girlfriend leaving the ground with the rest of us plebs.  We said g'day and I said to him "I bet you would have sunk those sitters if you were on the ground"!  He gave a wry grin and said "I'd like to think so".  Couldn't believe he was just out there with the crowd - not in a suit sitting with the rest of the non-playing team members.

Reply #85
Apparently Kruezer is Fit and in line for selection this week...
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #86

Kruezer needs to get through Thursday session first!!!

Reply #87

I'm not sure that's such a good thing anyway. The bloke is a witches hat out there ATM. I can just see the scum exploiting the shight out of him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #88

I'm not sure that's such a good thing anyway. The bloke is a witches hat out there ATM. I can just see the scum exploiting the shight out of him.

Yep.

Not convinced he'll be right. Getting a bit pissed off with watching him play, getting disappointed with his game and then finding out he's injured, having his knee drained or his hip is buggered and he probably shouldn't have played.

FMD even Mants has dropped him

Just get him fit!!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #89
Not only is his fitness suspect he carries no good form from any game he's contested in this year.

Needs a game or two in the NBs to properly test his foot and get some confidence.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17