Skip to main content
Topic: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers (Read 54727 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 6 - Blues vs. West Coast Cokers

Reply #135
We look like going in pretty tall up forward with Waite, Henderson, Casboult and Menzel.  Scoreboard pressure is a must.  We need to be out of the blocks first and not have to play catch up.

We'll win because our mids are on top and our forward line is functioning, not because of our defence!

Reply #136
People questioning Cripps pace doesnt make sense to me. I recall some similar things being said about Murph and Gibbs when they were drafted. They look ok to me on the burst these days. Gibbs surprises the hell outa me with his pace sometimes. In any case, where Cripps will do his best work wont require high end pace, it will require football nous, strength and courage to go where angels fear to tread. I reckon the little bull has these traits all covered.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
Winning scores so far have been 74, 82 and 83 this round. It will be refreshing if we come out and attack like last week  rather than any defensive crape. IMHO free flowing attack at all costs is the only way to combat any Freo style defensive game plans. God I hate Lyon's coaching style, so uninspiring to watch that I turned to watching some lifestyle show with the missus instead last night ;-)

Reply #138
Winning scores so far have been 74, 82 and 83 this round. It will be refreshing if we come out and attack like last week  rather than any defensive crape. IMHO free flowing attack at all costs is the only way to combat any Freo style defensive game plans. God I hate Lyon's coaching style, so uninspiring to watch that I turned to watching some lifestyle show with the missus instead last night ;-)
Not very flattering scores are they. Bring back some flare , the game these days seems to hinge on gather stats than kicking goals. Much rather the key forward mark, goals style play of the 70s & -90s. This lock them up and gather 15  processions while playing keeps off is getting very tiresome. We have taken a game that was unique and a great spectator visual, and strangled it to churn out a possies . Damn boring these days.

Reply #139
People questioning Cripps pace doesnt make sense to me. I recall some similar things being said about Murph and Gibbs when they were drafted. They look ok to me on the burst these days. Gibbs surprises the hell outa me with his pace sometimes. In any case, where Cripps will do his best work wont require high end pace, it will require football nous, strength and courage to go where angels fear to tread. I reckon the little bull has these traits all covered.

Three games and he needs to be in cotton wool and is cooked, cant even play VFL?.....I'm not questiong his pace or ability just the fact he cant get on the ground even at VFL level this week(injuries aside).

Reply #140
Perhaps the fact that he's already a big unit somewhat disguises the possibility that he maybe behind others his age in regards to his own physical maturity. Its been mentioned on numerous occasions that he recently went through a massive growth spurt and that he is still growing. Im no doctor, but maybe regardless of his size, his body simply needs rest to cope with thr stresses of his own natural growth/developement.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #141
Carrazzo out and Buckley straight in to the 21 to replace him.  Menzel's the sub.

Reply #142
Happy with that
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #143
Carrazzo out and Buckley straight in to the 21 to replace him.  Menzel's the sub.

Injured?
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #145

Three games and he needs to be in cotton wool and is cooked, cant even play VFL?.....I'm not questiong his pace or ability just the fact he cant get on the ground even at VFL level this week(injuries aside).

I heard Buckley on the radio today saying that he would have rested Langdon but didn't have anyone to replace him.  Seems to me to be a pretty sensible approach to managing a young bloke's development and work load.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #147
Too many changes to win I would think.

I know these guys are all supposed to be plug and play but 5 changes is too many.

Actually its 6 changes. FMD.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #148
We haven't had this sort of depth for a long time. None of the in's are that concerning, yet.

Reply #149
Agree CIMM, too many changes for mine. Forken Hell.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time