Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications (Read 48959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 1 Carlton vs Richmond Post Game Prognostications

Reply #165
If Levi could kick like Carey he'd be one of the hottest commodities in the game. I have no doubts whatsoever his poor kicking affects his all round confidence. If he could kick straight he'd be twice the player in every other aspect of his game.

Good call there PI2C. When he lined up for that deadset gimme in the last, I had no doubts he'd miss, 'cos by then his kicking demons had well and truly settled inside his head. He would've been a mess by then.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #166
I really understand that point but we're building and we need blokes who want to grow and risk and change for the betterment of the team.

Fortunately we will have viable alternatives very soon - Curnow and SOS to name a couple.

My knock on Everitt is his poor contribution in just about every other facet of forward play apart from opportunistic goals occurring purely due to the good work up the field - Everitt likes the 'easy ball' and that's just not good enough. White has shown that he can kick goals when up forward but gives more defensive grunt.

When players like Everitt and Casboult make mistakes or, in Everitt's case, fail to be fierce at the contest it can have a demoralising effect on other players... after all, others are busting a gut to get the ball into our forward line.

When you have 11 more inside 50s than your opponent and lose by 2 goals it says only one thing really clearly... your forwards, especially your key/taller forwards, are very badly letting down the team. Our small forwards and midfielders hit the scoreboard really well last night and worked tirelessly in other aspects of the game.

Levi is a coach killer...he can take 10 marks and you would eb lucky to see 2 goals next to his name, Everitt is everything you say, lazy, just wants easy ball, takes his eyes offf the footy when theri is heat in the area but if you give him 4 marks near goal he will kick three goals....

Levi will stay in the team by default for a while but he has to go..I'd rather see Jaksch developed as a leading FF and McKay as our CHF and have Philips or Gorrings as the 2nd ruckman....

Everitt will be traded out IMO at seasons end....

Reply #167
Thought Nicky G was great last night. Really had a say in our third quarter comeback with plenty of score involvements. Hits players lace out when he gets the ball in space. Works really hard to win possession at the coalface. Needs to build his tank and run harder to get more outside ball because he's not quick but he's a great user of the ball. Take a leaf out of Carrazzo's book who was also not quick but would run hard all day.

We were talking about him at half time last night saying we'd thought he'd been a bit quiet, then BOOM, along comes that 3rd quarter where he tore it up. Clearly now entrenched in our best 22.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #168
I thought Nicky G was crape in the 1st half but did improve after half time....looked slow, got caught with the footy but he does have the ability a target....problem was I thought Lambert and Townsend who were playing the same role for the Tigers burnt us badly in the last quarter, Cripps and Murphy went out of the game and I didnt think our next level of mids matched it with the Tigers 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Saying all that though I like NG and think he has the ability to become a quality mid and is an intelligent kid who can be a leader down the track...

Reply #169
From reports there will be pressure for a senior berth from a number of guys in the NBs. From last night's showing, and it's only one game, Everitt and Levi in particular will need to tidy up their acts if they want to continue to play senior football. Everitt's saving grace was his goals, otherwise a very weak looking game and a poor team contribution and example to others. We know all about Levi's main problem of course - why has he lapsed back? Hopefully this can be fixed pdq to get him on track again, otherwise he looked OK.

indeed, why? he went at 66% last year - very, very good.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #170
Levi is a coach killer...he can take 10 marks and you would eb lucky to see 2 goals next to his name, Everitt is everything you say, lazy, just wants easy ball, takes his eyes offf the footy when theri is heat in the area but if you give him 4 marks near goal he will kick three goals....

Levi will stay in the team by default for a while but he has to go..I'd rather see Jaksch developed as a leading FF and McKay as our CHF and have Philips or Gorrings as the 2nd ruckman....

Everitt will be traded out IMO at seasons end....

Yep, you nailed it with the word 'lazy.'

Any wonder Crippa and Murph tired in the last qtr carrying Casboult and Everitt is a tall order. ;-)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #171
geez, if we had eddie last night, there were about 6 goals i could have seen him kick.... easy . There was confusion below the knees so many times in our forward 50, he would have eaten up. We need a small pick pocket thief deep, left or right of that goal sqaure

Reply #172
Yep, jammo looks a liability, his disposal is heart in mouth stuff.  Other than Weeters our entire back half doesn't exactly look solid and we still don't cover smaller forwards well.... Still give away far to many goals from basic errors in defence.

Pitc's mate Nicky G looked good at times but when played across half forward the opposition seemed to get around him/bypass him very easily and he couldn't put any meaningful pressure on the ball carrier.  At his pace he needs to go flat out alll the time or he gets caught... He also leans back and kicks lazy floaters, perhaps when tired towards end of quarters.  Must improve the hurt factor of his disposals, but I guess that will come with time.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #173
geez, if we had eddie last night, there were about 6 goals i could have seen him kick.... easy . There was confusion below the knees so many times in our forward 50, he would have eaten up. We need a small pick pocket thief deep, left or right of that goal sqaure

Wright with 3 goals was handy and I think he is our best pocket option....

Reply #174

Even Jeff would have been enough to win us that game last night. Fingers crossed Sumner can get fit as he is lightning quick.

Reply #175
Jaksch in for Buckley would help our fwd structure I think. Too short.

Reply #176
If only we could splice Casboult and Everitt together.

Reply #177
I think we have made a blue keeping Jamo. Should have looked for an experienced key defender from elsewhere like Merrit or someone and cut our losses with Jamo. If I watch him miss another easy intercept mark because he wasn't watching the ball I will SPEW UP.

Reply #178
I think we have made a blue keeping Jamo. Should have looked for an experienced key defender from elsewhere like Merrit or someone and cut our losses with Jamo. If I watch him miss another easy intercept mark because he wasn't watching the ball I will SPEW UP.

His struggles coupled with Rowe's apparent preference to spoil, punch or get the ball to ground on too many occasions when a mark would be the better available option are creating crises in our defence that we can well do without atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #179
Another who was busy for little reward was Lamb.  Did a heap of chasing along with Buckley.   Between those two and Wright,  I was relatively happy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson