Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11520 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 23 2022 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #136
Agree, needed to go back take his time and own the moment. This is the next step in his development to becoming the champion we all hope he can be.

I see him as a raw extremely talented excited kid. He'll pass that soon 🤞Perhaps when he's played 100 games, and a few more games with his fwd counterparts. Consistency is key.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #137
HTF can a side go from utterly hopeless (17th) to top 4 in a year?  

Gees it would be nice to snag a freebie gun or two as a FA/academy pick like a lot of other clubs seem to have done recently.

Not sure about 17 > 4. But top
8 > 17 = Nick Daicos.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #138
Just put myself through the hell of watching the first quarter.

The vision of Williams under the ball and coughing up the first two goals means another trip to Harvey's for yet another remote.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #139
HTF can a side go from utterly hopeless (17th) to top 4 in a year? 

Their body of work over the last several years points to the fact that last season was a statistical aberration. As percy pointed out elsewhere, they've been around finals for a few years, without exactly setting the world on fire. Craig McRae has said in several pressers that never in their wildest dreams did they expect a positive season like this one. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes even the experts don't know.

Reply #140
First side since 1977 be in the top 8, top 5 back then, every week only to drop out last round. 1977 was us too. Only consolation back then is we won 3 of the next 5 flags after that.
Only after Ian Stewart departed (due to a 'heart attack') 5 rounds into 1978.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #141
The loss we had to have!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #142
The behind the goals vision of that is ugly. Weitering and co were just ball watching, no leadership.

No Plowman in both the Demons and Pies games.

Reply #143
The behind the goals vision of that is ugly. Weitering and co were just ball watching, no leadership.
In regards to which event?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #144
This is the sort of stuff that as a fan drives you insane, because in range durdin could have taken a very important 30 seconds off the clock and made it a 1 kick game with 1.40 on the timer instead.
Not sure it was any worse than Durdin not hitting up BigH inside F50 when we were a point down. BigH was 10m from any opponent with the nearest enemy a small / medium, we just needed a point which BigH would do standing on his head from inside F50.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #146
Not sure it was any worse than Durdin not hitting up BigH inside F50 when we were a point down. BigH was 10m from any opponent with the nearest enemy a small / medium, we just needed a point which BigH would do standing on his head from inside F50.

I saw that too.

Also in the first quarter no one would pass the ball to LOB. He was on his own a few times, they would look at him but ignore him as if by instruction.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #147
I saw that too.

Also in the first quarter no one would pass the ball to LOB. He was on his own a few times, they would look at him but ignore him as if by instruction.

I noted the same, but when they ignored him they usually went more corridor…
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #148
Just put myself through the hell of watching the first quarter.

The vision of Williams under the ball and coughing up the first two goals means another trip to Harvey's for yet another remote.
We got lucky they were off target early, I couldn't watch it again...1 point and 0.6% away is torture.

Reply #149
So 2023 season now means we'll have more games vs mid third group of (pending finals results): Freo/Dogs, Lions/Tiggers, Aints, Power and GC. We just gotta keep improving, build that list, we should be entrenched into the top 8 firmly this time next year SURELY!

Tough way to end the season, but man what a game overall. After years of disappointment I'm able to extract myself from the want to yell at the screen and just enjoy the game for what it is. Also helps watching it with junior and playing with her toys during.