Skip to main content
Topic: Daisy in strife (Read 20355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Daisy in strife

Reply #46
If they didn't we're in  more strife than we thought because the statements gone out under their' banner.'

I suspect "leadership group" is a pretty malleable designation.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
I think that makes it worse. He had a bit to drink, at an event for a very good charitable cause, spilled someone's glass, no harm done. It's not like he was out at all hours, drinking at the local with his mates, fighting etc.

Seems very OTT to me.

Club has its rules, if you think they are over the top, then bully for you. The club doesn't have to be accountable to you, but itself. Set the standards, stick by them.

Of course, usually what makes the media is a watered down version of actual events. So who knows if there is more to the story than what we've been told.

Regardless, the best way to get kids to follow the rules is to punish a senior bloke.

Its done, we move on.

Reply #48
Ed Curnow, Murphy Simpson Docherty Cripps

I doubt whether a few of those  guys would be happy for the club to make a decision they didn't agree with and then put it out in their name.
It sells them a bit short in the eyes of the playing group.

Reply #49
Cant see us imposing a playing ban to a senior player like Daisy unless it was warranted. Need every available decent senior player we can get on the park.

I bet several eyewitnesses seen him and thought he was intoxicated.. seriously don't believe the story he had 2 beers 2 nights out before a game.  Even the bit with spilling a drink over an ex player, then apologising sounds like BS to me. 

There is more to this then they are letting on.

Reply #50
This is just crap.   If I was Bolton I'd get the players around for a keg and a BBW.   Lightening the mood might be good for everyone.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51
Club has its rules, if you think they are over the top, then bully for you. The club doesn't have to be accountable to you, but itself. .........................

Excuse me.

Reply #52
This is just crap.   If I was Bolton I'd get the players around for a keg and a BBW.   Lightening the mood might be good for everyone.

No doubt the paparazzi would come up with some less than flattering "optics" and they'd all be put up for trade, and Bolton would be sacked. After all, the club has its rules.

What would be on offer ? Lettuce sandwiches and a keg full of Grapefruit Nehi ?

Reply #53
Everybody’s entitled to their opinion,but I’d certainly be suspending Daisy

How can it be that a senior player is drinking alcohol mid week??? Wtf is going on. Some players in the VFAA and EDFL are more professional and there’s simply no excuse fir a full time sportsperson.. This is a professional not a hobby and I’d be ropable if I was the coach.

Reply #54
I've thought about this one a little.

The way to work all this out is simple.

Remove the name of said player from the equation.

If ever there was a time for our club to set and maintain standards it's when you're bottom of the ladder.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #55
I think a warning and a fine would be sufficient. It seems bizarre that we won't fly the flag for one of our blokes when they get injured, yet we come down hard on someone for a minor drinking incident at a charity do.

I understand the winds of change sweep through organisations from time to time. e.g the changeover from Malthouse to Buckley. Buckley was keen to remake the joint in his image i.e more squeaky clean, so he moved on Didak and others whom he thought would hinder that change. And clearly Bolton seems more like Buckley than old school coaches. But there is always some discretion and interpretation that needs to be applied when deciding on a punishment. And I think frankly the club has erred.

Reply #56
I've thought about this one a little.

The way to work all this out is simple.

Remove the name of said player from the equation.

If ever there was a time for our club to set and maintain standards it's when you're bottom of the ladder.

Then we should also be dropping players who aren't performing regardless of their draft pick number.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #57
Then we should also be dropping players who aren't performing regardless of their draft pick number.

Touché!

What's the bigger offense, having a glass of wine with dinner or playing like some have at times in recent weeks?

I haven't noticed Daisy not putting in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Dane Swan:

I drink at qtr time if I played for Carlton. @DThomas_39 Being unavailable to play is not a punishment imo it’s a reward. I’d ask to be suspended for the rest of the year.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #59
Touché!

What's the bigger offense, having a glass of wine with dinner or playing like some have at times in recent weeks?

I haven't noticed Daisy not putting in!

It wasn't just a glass a wine mate.