Skip to main content
Topic: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing (Read 64882 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing

Reply #60
Be prepared for war this week or don't bother turning up. 

That mob are hurting bad from getting rubbed out of finals and they blame us as the recipient of that.  They will go out of their way to pound us this week and anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves IMO.  Add in the fuel Judd chucked on the fire last week...be prepared for us to be seriously physically worked over circa. 2012 - because they know they own us, because they can and because they see it as an opportunity to make a statement.

I'd be seriously looking at playing Levi this week, at least he has some c in him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #61
Ive changed my view on Watson over last few months. I think he'll be a good player.

I thought that too until he played a shocker vs Port....his lack of body on body work for a bloke his size is terrible, his U18 rebounding ability hid his lack of defensive ability
and its back to basics to get him up to speed and that could be a couple of years away..

Spot on EB.....exactly my thoughts. I went to the Port game thinking Watson had improved immeasurebly, left that game thinking the opposite. He was putrid.

Probably the only bad game though he's played and seems like he might've had an injury. They're all putrid at some stage of their careers.

If you thought he had imrproved, and i'm sure  you wouldn't have been imagining it, then you can't just suddenly write him off after one game.

He was bad Jim...that was the old Watson when he first arrived, slow, lacking any defensive plan on his opponents(maybe the coaches fault) and his lack of ability to lay body on Westhoff in particular was U18 kids football stuff.. He arrived late to contests and applied no pressure, when your man is 199cm you need to be pushing/shoving and using your body to upset him.
I would have dragged Watson and told to him to stop playing like a wimpy big girl and get physical.....

He played crap like many others. Hasn't played many bad ones in the seniors.  Not sure Westhoff was the right match up either.

Reply #62

That mob are hurting bad from getting rubbed out of finals and they blame us as the recipient of that.  They will go out of their way to pound us this week and anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves IMO.  Add in the fuel Judd chucked on the fire last week...be prepared for us to be seriously physically worked over circa. 2012 - because they know they own us, because they can and because they see it as an opportunity to make a statement.

I'd be seriously looking at playing Levi this week, at least he has some c in him.
1AW returns, hopefully up forward so when Carlilse gets a run in the ruck 1AW can stand on his head again!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #63

Fark them, fark what they want and fark whatever they think about Judd's comments.

Reply #64

Fark them, fark what they want and fark whatever they think about Judd's comments.

Yep, we need to go out there and set the agenda, not them. Make sure we are focused for 4Qs and the game is played on our terms.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
The Professor just got me fired up... let me at 'em!

Reply #66
according to BF, robbo hurt his knee at training

Reply #67

We'll be prepared for half a battle. Maybe five eighths of one if we're fired up.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #71
We need Robbo vs thugs like the Bombers.......

Reply #73

I don't think the bombers are full of thugs.

They have 1 in Hocking.

The rest have parted ways.
Hurley "The Cabbie Basher"
"Heart Punch" Hibberd
"Elbows" Ryder
"Sniper" Carlilse
"The Trip" Fletcher
The Force Awakens!

Reply #74

I don't think the bombers are full of thugs.

They have 1 in Hocking.

The rest have parted ways.

Bombers tried it on with Hawthorn last week but the Hawks were up for the fight.....I have no doubt they will attempt to rough us up.