Skip to main content
Topic: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?) (Read 56051 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R8 - Blues vs Saints (Monday night mauling?)

Reply #75
We can win the next 3 games and be 5-5 which isn't too bad. Although I said we would win the next 3 after we lost to the bombers and we lost to Melbourne the following week. :-[
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #76
We can win the next 3 games and be 5-5 which isn't too bad. Although I said we would win the next 3 after we lost to the bombers and we lost to Melbourne the following week. :-[

The unbalanced nature of the draw means it is more than likely that we will soon see a team race up the ladder in the second half of the season, I doubt that will happen to us this season but it will happen if the draw remains unbalanced.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #77

Love to see Casboult play a full game forward, without having to run all over the ground like a mule in the ruck for half of the game - ffs give the guy a chance to succeed. Don't see any other CHF doing it, so not sure why we expect it of Levi.

THIS^^^^^^^
Yes please.

+2
The guy can take a mark and pack marks at that plus shows a bit of mongrel.  Play to his strengths not his weaknesses and the weaknesses will soon be fixed.

Reply #78
+2
The guy can take a mark and pack marks at that plus shows a bit of mongrel.  Play to his strengths not his weaknesses and the weaknesses will soon be fixed.

While I do agree, I think Casboult's kicking is actually worse now than when he arrived at the club so I have no confidence he will improve at all!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #79
Thats alright, tell him to take the mark and then handball to a runner!

We are fine so long as he doesnt kick it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80

I'd rather he kick it and miss than lose all confidence whatsover.  I reckon in recent games his kicking has improved (NO I don't have stats to support this) and will continue to improve if he can get some confidence in his kicking.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #81

I'd rather he kick it and miss than lose all confidence whatsover.  I reckon in recent games his kicking has improved (NO I don't have stats to support this) and will continue to improve if he can get some confidence in his kicking.
I am with you I think his kicking has improved.He should star against the AINTS

Reply #82

Yes he has improved, he just misses instead of missing everything. Sooo gradually he will be nailing them ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #83

He kicks it ok generally, just not well 20m from goal

Reply #84
Guys I was being facetious.

Ive seen Levi get him through at post height from 50 (at Preston).

His ball drop is too high which generally leads to an inconsistent kick and a range of miss that can span the width of the entire goals.

The handball idea was simply to appease the ones stating his kicking woeful and have a bit of a laugh.

Im guilty of it too, but I think we need to lighten up a tad.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #85

His ball drop is too high which generally leads to an inconsistent kick and a range of miss that can span the width of the entire goals.

The handball idea was simply to appease the ones stating his kicking woeful and have a bit of a laugh.

His ball drop is too high and with two hands.....you cannot kick the ball well or straight  on a consistent basis with that technique.

Reply #86
He is the first player AFL player I have ever seen with a proper scattergun kick.

He is also the first player I have ever seen to miss everything left followed by missing everything right both from only 30m out.

Sh1t like that just doesn't happen!

If we are 5 points down in the dying seconds of a GF, the opposition will prefer it if he marks over any other player on the ground! That is a sad, sad fact, but it must be a fact!

When asked to comment about his kicking Dermott Brereton said, "Gee, he is a big boy!" ;) That is damning as BumberT laughing when asked about Carlilse rucking all over Warnock! Sometimes the important things are not said!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #87

If we are 5 points down in the dying seconds of a GF, the opposition will prefer it if he marks over any other player on the ground!

Haha what world are you living in... Oh look over there... Its a unicorn... 

We cant make a GF with Mick or Levi at the club according to most of you so dont worry about it...  ;D

Reply #88

If we are 5 points down in the dying seconds of a GF, the opposition will prefer it if he marks over any other player on the ground!

Haha what world are you living in... Oh look over there... Its a unicorn... 

We cant make a GF with Mick or Levi at the club according to most of you so dont worry about it...  ;D

Thank-you, I accept your support unconditionally!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #89

all good Thryleon I got that sense anyway.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........