Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 20837 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game quiet and frustrated discussion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
Great win Blues ;D ;D

I did not see this win coming, but started to dream half way into the first.
On the back of a very smart Gawn-less plan, the Blues meant business from the first bounce. We've done that a bit this year where you can almost predict the result based on early performance.

Our rucks were great against the great... Our mids led by Crippa and Gibbswere well supported by Ed and the likes of Graham, Buckley, Wright, MK etc.made it almost impossible for the Dees at stoppages.

Goals from the guys that have been in 2's lately really gave us the reward on the board.

The defence was, as it has been most of the year were cohesive. Weiters certainly did his NRS nomination no harm today. Kudos to Simmo, Doc, Plowman, Rowe n co.

A game that was a pleasure to watch from go to woa. Unlike last week, I didn't find my heart racing over a tonne once ^-^.
In the spirit of farewelling our greats, the boys played with the heart and endeavour that is deserved (much like Juddy's this time last year).

Enjoy your celebrations Bluebaggers.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
Gotta feel for young Jack, he picked today to have a rest and still hasn't been in the winners circle singing the song he grew up with.

Reply #32
It says a bit when Gibbs and Cripps (with support from a 2011 rookie draftee and a second gamer) were able to take apart 'the up and coming midfield superstars with at least 7 able to rotate through). Say a bit about Melbourne but also says a lot more about the qualities of Gibbs and Cripps.

Reply #33
You have to give credit where it's due - Liam Jones has really tried to rectify the deficiencies in his game this season. Whether he plays in the ones or the magoos, he always gives effort and enthusiasm, never sulks, never drops his head.

I'm happy for him TBH. I hope he keeps it up.

Reply #34
You have to give credit where it's due - Liam Jones has really tried to rectify the deficiencies in his game this season. Whether he plays in the ones or the magoos, he always gives effort and enthusiasm, never sulks, never drops his head.

i saw that early VFL game where he and Jaksch dominated. He kicked 5 and looked so much a different player that night.

Reply #35

It's a pity there is only one game to go, because if he could string a few weeks together he'd improve, he might start to believe he belongs in the AFL.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Really like what Liam is giving us.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #37
Say Mike Hunt fast GI2C
Yeah mate I know the joke lol
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
I thought Gibbs set up the game for us, Cripps was great in the second half and Simpson defended superbly as always, but it was Gibbs for me today. Kreuzer and Phillips gave Gawn a bath, Buckley and Graham had a major impact and if Graham could be a bit more assured in his delivery than he could be a Mitchell type player for us. Our disposal by foot and hand continues to let us down but when we attack the ball and the man with ferocity like today, we can be as good as anyone. We need another quality midfielder, another key defender, a key forward, a hungry half forward and some pace across the ground. It is time to start getting a bit excited about 2017.

Reply #39
It's a pity there is only one game to go, because if he could string a few weeks together he'd improve, he might start to believe he belongs in the AFL.

Probably plays better as the CHF rather than being stuck in the goalsquare. His last two weeks have shown the key forwards can contribute alot without necessarily hitting the scoreboard. Opens it up for others.

Reply #40
Say Mike Hunt fast GI2C
I actually had a uni lecturer named Mike Hunt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #41
Plowmans best game for us.

I am not as harsh in his game as others have been but he was fantastic back there today.

Stay in the long sleeves.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #42
He's too lazy to make it in the big time, Jayden. His friends call him Slack Hunt.
Well if he could lift his workrate and use them wheels, boy would he be a player.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #43
Plenty of accolades for loads of our blokes today and deservedly so, especially Cripps, Gibbs, Simpson, Kruz, Curnow etc.

But although he didn't get many possessions I was cautiously pleased with what I saw from Cuningham. His defensive game was first rate. Pretty sure N. Jones checked his shorts from time to time as it must have felt like Cuningham was in them with him. Then later in the game the kid got a bit of confidence and showed us some of his quick thinking and other skills. Early days, but there was a, dare I say it... definite green sprout!
This.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #44
Gotta feel for young Jack, he picked today to have a rest and still hasn't been in the winners circle singing the song he grew up with.
Was busy babysitting 1AW's kid in the stands apparently.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th