Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon (Read 40926 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 3 :Post Game Thread - Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #60
Tom Wlliamson's fisrt half was something to get excited about, Macreadie keeps looking like he can play, and SPS could well end up being very special

Got to love a left footer who can kick...Williamson has composure and is a decent size kid for a newbie.... really good debut and a player we can get excited about....

Reply #61
Andrew McGrath will be a fantastic player.

But if last year's draft were held today and I had to choose between McGrath and SPS, I know who I'd be picking...

McGrath looks solid but his composure and awareness isnt what SPS has.....I agree our rman looks the goods, has a nice move where he fakes right to kick but kicks across his left foot and
usually to advantage....
His mate Pickett will be ok too...messed up a few times today but I feel SPS is more of an adaptable player in the wet unlike Pickett who plays the same way regardless of the conditions...

Reply #62
Well.... That was a sensational performance from the first bounce. We just kept on attacking despite the dismal point by point scoring. IMO we were better all day, would have been robbery if we'd lost.

Our leaders really took our youngsters on a journey. A very rewarding journey, vital for their development. They know what it takes to grind on for 4 quarters and stick to team first.

Take a bow: Murphy, Gibbs, MK, Rowe, Simmo. Ed and White did a solid job too. Leading by example certainly got the result today. Teaching bt inspiration -
I like it Bolts.

Bummers leaders on the contrary were simply sh%&t. Maybe all that injustice has caught up with them >:D

The youngsters were just sensational. We could expect nothing more than what they gave today. Looked up at their leaders and turned on the magic. I'm a very proud bluebagger with a hoarse voice ;D
Congratulations to: young Docherty, Marchbank, McCreadie, Weiters, the Plow, Crippa, Sammo, & Pickett (gradually building). Tom Williamson, what a debut.
Probably forgotten a few. Voting will be a headache. But I'll take that ;)

;D ;D ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #63
He went on about the EFC deliberate for 5 minutes meanwhile We got a tough holding the man calland didn't even mention it. His bias is embarrrassing.

Not to mention what Parish did the same things Simpson earlier in the game. Tried to let it run out but it spun back to a Da play so he had to go and get it.

Reply #64
Just a great effort. Hard to find a really bad player although there were a couple of blokes who were below par. The kids were fantastic today. I reckon Plowman was our best defender again this week. A welcome return to form by Docherty, thank God. Rowe has now played 3 good games in a row. Today being his best. Can he have turned the corner? I'm still sceptical but he
Great first up for Williamson. Our no 1's were no.1 today.If Kreuzer can stay fit well, who knows.
Just  a great all around effort. Perfect wet weather play, especially after half time.
Go Blues!

Reply #65
Murphy played his best game for years and was BOG easily....
Lachie Plowman gets better every week...super steady down back and was well supported by Sam Rowe who continues to impress with his defensively ability and leadership.

Simon White....best game for a long while, enjoyed the conditions and his ball use which has been RS in the past was excellent today....
Kruezer has a good battle with Luenberger and more than held his own...Casboult was good support and while not being able to hold many marks did contest well ...
Great win and lets follow it up by beating GC next week...

Reply #67
I don't have a problem with tradies (I'm Labouring ATM), just flogs in utes flouting the road rules who claim to be builders when all they do it stick pre-made trusses together with plates.

Couldn't cut a line without a drop saw and would still #$#! it up.

lol...fair enough.

Reply #68
@ EB
Great win and lets follow it up by beating GC next week...
They belted the Hawks by around a tonne :))

A few unexpected results this round. The best of course, Blues over the drug cheats ^-^
Henry Ford.

Reply #69
williamson, mccredie sps, there's a few there, pickett will improve.
The endeavor today was outstanding. hope it rains for all our games!

Reply #70
Parko's three debutantes rule has been shown not to hold up.  Perhaps his teams didn't have the same desire, desperation and inspiring leadership  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #71
Greg Williams can eat his words, apology will not be accepted.
Besides we unearthed the next Williamson today!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #73
Parko's three debutantes rule has been shown not to hold up.  Perhaps his teams didn't have the same desire, desperation and inspiring leadership  :)

Times have changed.

Back then the debutants spent over half the game on the pine anyway.

Reply #74
williamson, mccredie sps, there's a few there, pickett will improve.
The endeavor today was outstanding. hope it rains for all our games!

Too true thrunthrublue ^-^
Let it rain
Henry Ford.