Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 4808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 5 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #30
Dow -> Cripps
Pittonet -> Fogarty
Stocker -> Boyd (who didn't do much wrong)
Durdin -> Fisher

If we can't squeeze Kemp into the 22, he should be the sub.

Boyd wasn’t in the 22 so you still have one more to flick out.

Reply #31
If we don't get smashed in the middle we should be fine - expect Kennedy and Cerra to lift for this one.

Reply #32
Boyd wasn’t in the 22 so you still have one more to flick out.

Yes, you’re right!

Newman gets the flick for not sticking to the “how can I be a better teammate” mantra.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #33
If we don't get smashed in the middle we should be fine - expect Kennedy and Cerra to lift for this one.

If they don’t, they should be playing in the reserves next round.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #34
Them's fightin' words GTC :)
Not much bloody fight from our blokes on Sunday Cap.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #35
Whether Cripps plays or not, I would like to see Dow and Stocker in along with Durdin and Pitto (if fit).
There a few options that can make way for the above, chose from:
Martin
Fisher
Boyd
Owies
Newman
Plowman
Fogarty (I had really high hopes for this guy but...)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #36
In the VFL games I've seen this year I thought Stocker, Parks and Dow are deserving of a recall. Mirkov is coming along nicely as are Motlop and Kemp. Will Hayes of the VFL listed blokes is doing himself plenty to gain attention for the vacant spot. There will be a few eyes on Crocker as well.

Be interesting to see who gets a call up this week. Parks for Plowman and Stocker for Boyd for starters. Won't be long before Motlop comes in for Fisher. Durdin for Fogarty would seem obvious. (Dow for Crippa).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #37
How far away are Omac and Gov?
Surely we should be expecting one or both of them back soon?

Reply #38
How far away are Omac and Gov?
Surely we should be expecting one or both of them back soon?
OMac is a test this week, he could well come straight in but perhaps this week he is not needed with Port having a smaller F50.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
OMac is a test this week, he could well come straight in but perhaps this week he is not needed with Port having a smaller F50.

Should come back via the VFL. Interesting to see how we man up Port's forward line. McGovern almost always has a reasonable match-up. Oscar doesn't, but he is honest, he can take a nice mark and you can usually trust his kicking. A certainty when we player teams with bigger forward lines.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #40
Whether Cripps plays or not, I would like to see Dow and Stocker in along with Durdin and Pitto (if fit).
There a few options that can make way for the above, chose from:
Martin
Fisher
Boyd
Owies
Newman
Plowman
Fogarty (I had really high hopes for this guy but...)

Isn’t it amazing how it’s plainly obvious to most supporters but not the inner sanctum.

Some may say that’s because we’re less informed or don’t understand what the coaching panel is instructing the players to do (and there is truth to that), but I also think the players personality, charisma, friendships have an impact.

On that basis, Plowman’s personality must be off the charts!!

Reply #41
Isn’t it amazing how it’s plainly obvious to most supporters but not the inner sanctum.

Some may say that’s because we’re less informed or don’t understand what the coaching panel is instructing the players to do (and there is truth to that), but I also think the players personality, charisma, friendships have an impact.

Must have a hot sister....
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #42

He is probably a great clubman and much loved among the group (players and coaches). He is probably an outstanding citizen also. From my point of view though, what I see is someone who lacks confidence one on one, when he gets isolated, you can almost see the error coming before it happens (a fumble, a missed spoil, leaves his man when he shouldn't etc). He often gets given (or maybe puts his hand up for) a dangerous small fwd and again, to me he looks like he panics more often than not. For me, bottom line is he is not a defender. I don't know where he played his junior footy, if it were up to me I'd find another role for him.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #43
Should come back via the VFL. Interesting to see how we man up Port's forward line. McGovern almost always has a reasonable match-up. Oscar doesn't, but he is honest, he can take a nice mark and you can usually trust his kicking. A certainty when we player teams with bigger forward lines.
If Port do have a smaller forwardline, surely OMac is a better pick than Young?
Omac is shorter, quicker, more agile and thus, surely more suited THIS week than any other week.

Also, it'd be a good test to see if his body is up to it. We could cover him if its not. Rather than risk it in a more important match.

Reply #44
If Port do have a smaller forwardline, surely OMac is a better pick than Young?
Omac is shorter, quicker, more agile and thus, surely more suited THIS week than any other week.

Also, it'd be a good test to see if his body is up to it. We could cover him if its not. Rather than risk it in a more important match.
We might not need either O'Mac or Young this week, perhaps Kemp is the better choice.
The Force Awakens!