Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 49437 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 10: Post Game Paradise!: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #105
We need to accept that Everitt isn't a top class footballer so he won't perform at his peak week in and week out, only the guns can do that.
He contributes on a regular basis though, and when he's up and about we are a better team.
Another who was very good today, again seeing him live, I reckon he worked very hard today. His goal kicking is the best out our club without doubt. Imagine if Cas was as good a kick, he'd be earning a $1M year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #106
We need to accept that Everitt isn't a top class footballer so he won't perform at his peak week in and week out, only the guns can do that.
He contributes on a regular basis though, and when he's up and about we are a better team.

Even got a couple of important touches in the backline at important times. Was very good today

Reply #107
It's days like today when I regret not having foxtel.
Couldn't get to the game or the pub.
All I have now are the reports from all on this site.
Please keep them coming.
Go Baggers!!

Reply #108
Please keep them coming.
Go Baggers!!
$89.99 for AFL live, better than nothing, hook into it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #109
Please keep them coming.
Go Baggers!!

$89.99 for AFL live, better than nothing, hook into it.

If you have a Telstra mobile Rocky the AFL Live Pass is free to watch on the phone, you just have to sign up.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110
If you have a Telstra mobile Rocky the AFL Live Pass is free to watch on the phone, you just have to sign up.

If your not with Telstra, have a look at the club's digital live pass.
I think I paid $60 or so for every 2016 game, need to have the data to download though.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #111

There are ways and means.  ;)
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #112
How did weeters go today?  Who did he stand?  I see he picked up another (potentially serious) injury today?

Made the his first mistake of the year, poor kick out of defence from memory. Needs to be dropped for it ;D ;D

Also dropped a soda he should have gobbled, but he followed up later in the same passage of play to effect a great spoil and win the ball back. As Gointocarlton alluded - could already be a victim of his own success that we have such high expectations.  Also, looked to me like his shoulder bothered him a little.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #113
Hope he gets a big penalty. Just watched replay - disgusting deliberate dog act >:(

The telecast clearly showed the umpire looking directly at the incident.

Reply #114
Also dropped a soda he should have gobbled, but he followed up later in the same passage of play to effect a great spoil and win the ball back. As Gointocarlton alluded - could already be a victim of his own success that we have such high expectations.  Also, looked to me like his shoulder bothered him a little.

The kids not going to be perfect in his first few years, AFL footy has the habit of getting inside someones head. But despite some errors, he generally mopped them up OK and actually rescued team-mates from a few clangers today as well.

Plus on the shoulder, you just know a Scott coached team is going to target stuff like that mercilessly. Weitering will deal with it, it's not the first time in his football career teams have targeted him, just probably hurts a bit more at this level.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #115
That game was about as good as it gets.

Walker and Armfield were just ON today. Right from the start they kept tearing the cats apart.

To say that was Gibbs best game for the club is the understatement to end all. He was awesome. Took Murph going down as a personal challenge and he killed them.

White likewise played his best ever game for Carlton. One bit of play on the wing would have done Judd justice. Broke 2 tackles, baulk a third and thread a short pass to a teammate under pressure. Awesome game.

Kreuzer back to his best.

Can't list the whole team one by one but that was just a great team effort.

Haven't said this so far this year but I now think we're half a sneaky chance of top 8. The match against Adelaide here in a few weeks could be a mini final.

Reply #116
The telecast clearly showed the umpire looking directly at the incident.

How's Scott playing dumb in the Post Match. By the time the coaches hit the interview room it was the top video on the AFL website, the club staff would have warned him about it. You can sort of tell from Scott's body language he knew exactly what the journos were asking him about.

But anyway who cares about that, the question is why that umpire didn't pay a free kick, I hope our club raises the issue with someone.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #117
Was at the game which was Awesome - always had in the back of
My mind that Geelong would come back so kept A lid on it and was really surprised when we were well in front with only 5 mins to go - couldn't believe it to be honest.

Gibbs was everywhere, thought Simmo did really well in bursts, Cripps was amongst so many things - Kruezer is just a machine love him, Rowe was unreal, Felt really comfortable when Everitt was going for goal he's usually so accurate.

Loved the pressure chase and consistent effort. Few fumbles, particularly Lamb and Walks kicking directly to a Cats player in our F50 which was wasteful, but kept our composure and went again and again and again.

Reply #118
How Could I forget Army?! What a game - usually just sometimes misses those goals that he runs into but nailed all of them  8)

Reply #119
We messed up drafting Hampson at 18, but trading him out for Docherty was genius
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?