Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 45615 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #105
The key factor in all this may be Carrots. He's missed a heap of footy over the last few years. Will he be the same Carrots that he used to be? if not then the argument regarding who makes way might be answered.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #107
Did we stick to the boundaries?

Reply #108
The key factor in all this may be Carrots. He's missed a heap of footy over the last few years. Will he be the same Carrots that he used to be? if not then the argument regarding who makes way might be answered.

Fair point. It's very hard to come back from missing a lot of footy at that age and Carrots has played not much over the past 2 seasons. It'll be interesting to see of he can regain his old form and if he's given the opportunity in the seniors to do so. I'm not opposed to him playing e few games for the reserves. It may get him back to form a little quicker.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #109

Fair point. It's very hard to come back from missing a lot of footy at that age and Carrots has played not much over the past 2 seasons. It'll be interesting to see of he can regain his old form and if he's given the opportunity in the seniors to do so. I'm not opposed to him playing e few games for the reserves. It may get him back to form a little quicker.

My guess though P2C, Is that  after about 4 or 5 games he'll get back to playing close to his best. Hopefully he does and is able to sustain good form. We need him there and playing well.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #110

A lot of bombing it long to a contest. Main reason our disposal count was so low.

It's not pretty and it's ineffective, and we won't beat the better defensive teams with that approach.

Reply #111

Fair point.
It's very hard to come back from missing a lot of footy at that age and Carrots has played not much over the past 2 seasons. It'll be interesting to see of he can regain his old form and if he's given the opportunity in the seniors to do so. I'm not opposed to him playing e few games for the reserves. It may get him back to form a little quicker.

Fair point?!

I said the same thing 2 weeks ago and you nearly had a stroke!

Reply #112

A lot of bombing it long to a contest. Main reason our disposal count was so low.

It's not pretty and it's ineffective, and we won't beat the better defensive teams with that approach.

Not the best way to try winning games against any side.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #113
Fair point?!

I think Carrots, Waite, Judd, McLean and Scotland are all under the pump in 2014. It won't take much improvement from the kids combined with just a little slip from the older blokes for the old blokes to be well and truly under the pump!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #114
Fair point?!

I think Carrots, Waite, Judd, McLean and Scotland are all under the pump in 2014. It won't take much improvement from the kids combined with just a little slip from the older blokes for the old blokes to be well and truly under the pump!

In that group there is a 33 yo, a 31 yo, a couple of 30 yo and a 27 year old  McLean has never looked fitter, probably has never been fitter and is at prime age. 

Reply #115
I don't think Waite is under the pump at all.

He was mishandled by Opp yesterday.

Reply #116
I didnt see much of the game, but one thing that was immediately obvious to me was that our guys looked very fit. A few guys looked lighter, and a few guys looked heavier... In a good way. Bootsma, while still on the slight side, has definitely put on a bit of meat around the upper body, looked good for it.

Reply #117
I didnt see much of the game, but one thing that was immediately obvious to me was that our guys looked very fit. A few guys looked lighter, and a few guys looked heavier... In a good way. Bootsma, while still on the slight side, has definitely put on a bit of meat around the upper body, looked good for it.
The o
I don't think Waite is under the pump at all.

He was mishandled by Opp yesterday.
The other thing that stood out was we were sticking a lot more tackles, must have done some serious work on technique over the summer.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #118
Flabbergasted at the negativity here.  :o :o

I'm more flabbergasted by that comment to be honest....

The only negativity I can find was for the woefully one-sided, spew-inducing, pro-North broadcast & reporting across all media, along with vatrious posters making some comments here & there about certain player performances as you'd have to expect from ANY game we play.....but for the majority of this thread, it's been pretty positive stuff. Silly comment Baggers.

For a team with just under a third of it's no-brainer, starting lineup out & various other players being trialled in various positions, against the 'flavour-of-the-month' team whose lineup would be very similar on any gameday of 2014.....it was an excellent effort.

Andrejs Everitt will be a star for this Club. For mine, he looks to be the type of player we've been crying out for....not quite tall enough perhaps for a key position, but geez he comes close. Uses the ball well, marks well, can play either end with aplomb or through the middle - we all wanted another Lachie Henderson & I reckon we've now got him in the form of Everitt. Tom Bell is another who will become a star for this Club.....the media had been reporting that Tom had been tearing-up the training track, then he goes & puts on a display like that....brilliant.

Personally, I'm not convinced Waite & Casboult can play in the same forward line: Waite & Henderson/Everitt - yes, Waite & Casboult - I have grave doubts.

Physically, Cripps didn't look out of place, but did far too little for anyone to offer any sort of opinion on him just yet.

Some really good cameos from plenty, whilst a couple of others continued to disappoint.

Thought our tackling was first rate, Dal Santo is still soft as baby poo, Petrie can dish it out (see what i did there) - refer his hit on Watson in the last, but he can't take it when it comes his way - refer McGinnes' hit on Petrie in the 3rd and how did Bell not get a free & Ziebell not get reported for his direct bump to Bell's head as he was bending over to get the ball in the 3rd? WTF!?

Reckon Cam Wood pleasantly surprised a lot of us & I loved the possible reinvention of Buckley (although he did butcher the ball a couple of times). As a couple of others have mentioned, one of our collective bones of contention last year was delivery into our forward line & there were some pretty ordinary periods y'day in this regard. That area simply has to improve.

But overall, a helluva lot more to like than not.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #119
Bootsma, while still on the slight side, has definitely put on a bit of meat around the upper body, looked good for it.

Does your TV have one of those 'whacky mirror' screens, 'cos he looked absolutely no different physically, except for some new inkwork on his right forearm....possibly to try to make himself look tougher....I'm trying hard to say that with a straight face.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....