Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26868 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #90
I'm not sure going with bam bam and Dow first up ahead of kerridge with his finish to last season has sent the right message to the group.

This....

Big mistake.

Not the whole excuse but certainly a part of it....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #91
Player     Disposals

SPS         12
Graham    12
O'Brien     11
Cuners      10
Dow          10
Garlett       8

None of these blokes ahould be playing 1s on revealed form.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #92
Player     Disposals

SPS         12
Graham    12
O'Brien     11
Cuners      10
Dow          10
Garlett       8

None of these blokes ahould be playing 1s on revealed form.

We got rid of the blokes applying pressure for their spots, they play AFL now elsewhere!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #93
Out coached.

NM crowded our forwards. Bolton had no counter plan.

Expect crisis meetings soon
He said in his presser they were shifting extra numbers around to plug holes. In the end, there werent enough +1s to send around. At some point, you need to stop relying on extras being shifted around by WINNING THE FARKEN CONTESTED FOOTY. If you have it, they dont. If you hand it over to them, its gonna hurt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #94
He said in his presser they were shifting extra numbers around to plug holes. In the end, there werent enough +1s to send around. At some point, you need to stop relying on extras being shifted around by WINNING THE FARKEN CONTESTED FOOTY. If you have it, they dont. If you hand it over to them, its gonna hurt.

Same old - too much left to too few. Once Murphy went down, the few became fewer. The kids won't save us, and nor should they.

As Clarkson stated a couple of years ago, winning the contested ball is overstated, as long as you have the means of forcing a quick turnover, as the Hawks did frequently in their recent 3peat.

Reply #95
As Clarkson stated a couple of years ago, winning the contested ball is overstated, as long as you have the means of forcing a quick turnover, as the Hawks did frequently in their recent 3peat.

Clarkson is over-rated, they had massive AFL assistance to build that list, Kennett complained and complained until they got super deals and maximum support. The Dawks were receiving priority picks when we were finishing on the bottom of the ladder.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96
Steps I would take today:
1. Summons the entire coaching and playing list to a remote location and light a big campfire;
2. Wheel in a trailer load of VB;
3. Look each other in the eye and dish out some home truths around the campfire, a no holds barred free for all;
4. Empty said trailer load of VB;
5. Start fresh with the footy stuff Tuesday.

Not sure that will work, the younger generation are not into VB.

Reply #97
My bat, my ball, they would drink VB ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #98

...so that's the problem!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #99
Clarkson is over-rated, they had massive AFL assistance to build that list, Kennett complained and complained until they got super deals and maximum support. The Dawks were receiving priority picks when we were finishing on the bottom of the ladder.

Yes, those flags belong to Ratten.  ;D

Reply #101
I still maintain our conditioning and endurance is a fail! Our blokes look knackered compared to other teams, week in week out. We also dont get to places to create spread and space. Many of the stray missed kicks are the result of fatigued players.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #102

Get real. Clarko's a gun. Rebuilt them once and on the way to doing to again. So flexible with his game plans over the years.

Reply #103
I think we have gotten ahead of ourselves.

We have dropped triers like Silvagni in round 1, o Shea in round 2, lamb and polson in round 3, to bring in players with little exposed form and have avoided dropping others who are talented but not contributing and also blokes carrying injuries with the end result being last night's debacle.

Sometimes you have to reward the effort in order to ensure players keep playing with effort.

I'm not sure going with bam bam and Dow first up ahead of kerridge with his finish to last season has sent the right message to the group.

We've since obviously made further changes that have similarly cost us the ability to be competitive and it's all pointing to us having pulled the wrong reign.

This is not too far off to my way of thought.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #104

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking, Spotted One... you are taking the p1ss, right? As much as I dislike the little pr1ck, he is a brilliant senior coach... one of the best.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17