Skip to main content
Topic: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong (Read 59636 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 8 Preview - Carlton v Geelong

Reply #120
We still don't know with Watson, 50 mins gametime in a team that was getting slaughtered is not enough of a chance. We know Jones is no good.

Why do you think we subbed out Watson?

Was it because he was injured? No.
Was it because he had run himself off his legs? No.
Was it because he was giving us nothing out on the ground? Yes.

Now lets address something else.

No, it was not 50 minutes of game time. You say that enough times and people start to believe you. He actually had 57% TOG (Time on Ground). Now, that is not 57 minutes. That game went for 124 minutes. Doing the maths for you, he played just under 71 minutes. What did he do in his 71 minutes? He got 3 touches. That is basically 1 touch a quarter.

I don't care how little the ball got down to the forward line. There were countless times were all 36 players were in one half of the ground. So there were countless times he was within 1 kick of the ball. How many times did he run and present?

You keep screaming to give him a chance. We gave him a chance. He was THAT bad that it was a wasted spot. A spot we can give to someone who appreciates it.

Reply #121
That wasn't a chance. Jones' five games straight is a chance.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #122
That wasn't a chance. Jones' five games straight is a chance.

Do you want to gift players a game who do nothing with them? What kind of message does that send to players who are busting their gut in the 2's?

Reply #123
he played just under 71 minutes. What did he do in his 71 minutes? He got 3 touches. That is basically 1 touch a quarter.
Thats 300% better than Henderson who got zero touches and one tackle in the same time against Collingwood ;D :P
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #124
Thats 300% better than Henderson who got zero touches and one tackle in the same time against Collingwood ;D :P

...who hasn't played a game since because he is INJURED!

Reply #125
...who hasn't played a game since because he is INJURED!
Party pooper :P
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #126
Watson was playing as a forward, so not sure why you are quoting me.

White and Rowe will be given the responsibility of their big forwards.

I expect that if the ball gets that far its game over. I think we are focusing our efforts on the midfield.

White on Clark or Hawkins?...thats going to end in tears....

Reply #127
No great fan of Jones who has some glaring inadequacies. But Watson was dreadful. He failed to present, and when he made position (slowly) he did not get seperation from his opponent. And then he was out bodied. We found ourselves stuck in the back half without targets because of a failure to present by Watson among others.

Giving players a go is important, it allows the club to assess where they are at. And it is hardly going out on a limb to say Watson will be delisted at season's end. He is not up to league standard. So let's not waste time playing a bloke who has been given 4 seasons plus this year for 20 odd games when we have been desperate for KP players to step up.

The 2010 draft has been a disaster for the club.

We must win the midfield to be any chance. Im confident we will win that bit but our propensity to fluff half our kicks will make it very tough to kick a winning score.

Reply #128
Never said he is the answer. Just saying that he offers more than Watson does.

Very faint praise but Jones will chase and is actually a chance to catch someone. He is also a chance to win a marking contest - if he gets 2 or 3 chances.

Reply #129
White on Clark or Hawkins?...thats going to end in tears....

I was taken back to a game at Waverley when we played a very good St Kilda side with Tony Lockett at FF and Stu Loewe at CHF. SOS had his hands full with Plugger but received incredible support from one John Dorotich who not only beat Loewe but also filled the hole to support SOS and set up an unlikely Carlton Victory.

Rowe and White need believe in their ability and deliver against the odds.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #130
LOL JK that was Doro and SOS mate, not Rowe and White. They are Detroit Spud City.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #131
Maybe jones has been brought back in to play down back?  ???
White goes forward.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #132
I can see a bottle or two of Garage Hermitage being consumed tonight. It will dull the pain.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #133
Maybe jones has been brought back in to play down back?  ???
White goes forward.

Don't know what sort of tank Clark has, but if ordinary then the Jones match up would be worth a shot. White is a better option up forward than Jones for sure, can actually catch the thing and is a good kick!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #134
Our bad run with injuries hasn't exactly helped our cause this year...