Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 4 : Post Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast (Read 36870 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 4 : Post Game thread - Carlton V Gold Coast

Reply #75
Do you think he is doing it on purpose?   

Daisy is done.   His body has caught up with him and he can't play the football he used to or wants to.

I have no ill feeling towards him.   He accepted a large contract that WE offered him.   Do you think he should have knocked back the cash?   Said it was too much?    In hindsight offering that much cash to someone with a bad ankle was height of stupidity.   All frustrations should go towards the decision makers on that one.

He is having a crack and working hard, he just can't and never will get to any level that matches his pay.

I agree - so what would you like to see happen at the end of this season ? Contract extension or bye-bye ?

Reply #76
My frustration is continuing to play a bloke who is past it, I'm sure he is trying but you can't give if you ain't got any left.

But considering that he wants an extension, shhesh, that's pushing credulity.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #77
Daisy has done nothing wrong he took what any sane person would have done at the time. People having a go or booing him during the game are the height of stupidity like the people who gave him the deal in the first place. Whatever you think about him playing every week is another story. Whoever goes out onto that field deserves nothing but support from every blue bagger.

Fisher looks the part and has what it takes from what I saw last night, has a very similar playing style to Isaac Smith and the way he holds the ball etc. All the kids are showing promising signs!

Reply #78
Obviously  his manager will be trying to optimise Daisy's return from a future contract, that's his job. It would be interesting though to hear from Daisy himself as to what he is providing atm and what that might be if any future contract extension is negotiated. We probably won't of course and BB is always very diplomatic around this subject.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
I agree - so what would you like to see happen at the end of this season ? Contract extension or bye-bye ?

Nah he is gone.   I don't see the value in playing him at the moment.   Gallucci would offer more.   Even Lamb, Boekhorst or Sumner as Mid/Sml forwards.

He would open up a stack of salary cap we could use to target a good young player.

Unless he has some sort of arrangement with the MC.   Ie:   Give me 10 weeks and if I can't get back I will retire.   

I actually find it sad to see a great player struggle so much.

Reply #80
My frustration is continuing to play a bloke who is past it, I'm sure he is trying but you can't give if you ain't got any left.

But considering that he wants an extension, shhesh, that's pushing credulity.

So your frustration is with the MC.   Not Daisy.

Reply #81
Nah he is gone.   I don't see the value in playing him at the moment.   Gallucci would offer more.   Even Lamb, Boekhorst or Sumner as Mid/Sml forwards.

He would open up a stack of salary cap we could use to target a good young player.

Unless he has some sort of arrangement with the MC.   Ie:   Give me 10 weeks and if I can't get back I will retire.   

I actually find it sad to see a great player struggle so much.

Thanks - I think this is a pretty balanced view, and I and most supporters probably agree.

Reply #82
Thomas copped it all night from our supporters, while I am no fan I did feel sorry for him as I reckon its affecting his game, walked back to the train with our group and had a
random older chap give it to me about Thomas for 10 mins saying nothing good ever came from Collingwood etc etc and didnt want to hear about any other reasons
why we lost other than Daisy being the culprit.
I think the club and Daisy have to make a decision on his future sooner than later....

It will be a sorry day for our club when the supporters decide a player's future, we went down that road with Fevola and it ended badly.
Thomas is getting a game on form and he's wearing the Navy Blue, that's good enough for me.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #83
It will be a sorry day for our club when the supporters decide a player's future, we went down that road with Fevola and it ended badly.
Thomas is getting a game on form and he's wearing the Navy Blue, that's good enough for me.

What form? he wouldn't have been in our best 15 in any of the 4 games thus far - as others have said likely to get more of a contribution from a Gallucci or a Boekhurst or dare I say it, Liam Jones.

For sure, he was once an excellent player, 2017 Daisy isn't even close to average!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #84
What form? he wouldn't have been in our best 15 in any of the 4 games thus far - as others have said likely to get more of a contribution from a Gallucci or a Boekhurst or dare I say it, Liam Jones.

For sure, he was once an excellent player, 2017 Daisy isn't even close to average!

There are only a few possibles.
One is that he's genuinely getting a game on form, one is that the club is playing him because he's getting paid so much, another is that the match committee is clueless.
I'm for option one, the others don't bear thinking about.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #85

Worst player out there by a mile last night. I know it's not his fault, but clearly selection warrants more than on/off field leadership. Make him assistant coach, but get him off the field. He's cooked.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #86
Worst player out there by a mile last night. I know it's not his fault, but clearly selection warrants more than on/off field leadership. Make him assistant coach, but get him off the field. He's cooked.

Sad sight really.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #87
I think it's appalling that so-called supporters are booing a bloke in navy blue (probably the same 'footy fans' that were booing Ablett).

Thomas is out there because the MC believes he should be and that's the way it will stay until someone goes past him.

I really can't see that taking too much longer though.  Thomas is really having trouble hitting targets and that is causing him to look for the easiest option.  Several times last night he gave up on the aggressive, direct, precise option and looked around to find a player behind or across the ground with no direct opponent.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #88
I think it's appalling that so-called supporters are booing a bloke in navy blue (probably the same 'footy fans' that were booing Ablett).

It must be very comforting for young players new to the club to hear the supporters booing one of their team mates, I'm sure it gives Thomas a lot of confidence as well.
When you've been down for as long as we have some bad habits become ingrained, in players and spectators alike.

Reply #89
I can't understand the knocks on the little champ Ablett,  I get the tribal thing but not being able to see his sublime skills and the ability to turn a game and inspire his team mates is wilful blindness IMO.

His stats are inflated by the many one-two exchanges but I basically agree - his clearance skills and disposal skills are to be envied