Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation) (Read 60349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 5 : BLUES Defeated Dogs (Finally Final Siren Elation)

Reply #105
Wow I expected this thread to be full of joy and praise but the gutsy win against the odds seems to have been like a dagger through the heart of some 'fans' here.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #106
Wow I expected this thread to be full of joy and praise but the gutsy win against the odds seems to have been like a dagger through the heart of some 'fans' here.

Who?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #107

Who?
Relax, mate. Breath in. Breath out.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #108
I'm breathing fine thanks Crash. :)

If MBB wants to criticise posters he should point them out rather than hide behind his comments. I'm actually interested to know who these 'fans' are? It's not a very 'joyous' comment itself is it? It's more down the negative side I would have thought.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #109
Anyway, really thought we were going to go down last night. I guess that comes after watching your side perform so badly over an extended period of time. Was just waiting for the hammer to come down but the boys put in an exceptional effort. Gutsy. That's the only word for it. Man on man accoutable football with an obvious emphasis on using the corridor. Who woulda thunk it? Not sure if it will work against better teams but let's die trying.

Reply #110
It's amazing what happens when a team is prepared to put in a genuine effort... move the ball quickly, run your arse off and tackle with intent. None of that really requires ability... you just have to want to do it.

More of that please.

Reply #111
And well done to Milkshake for changing it up and taking the of the criticism on board. Maybe to old codger aint as stubborn as we thought!

Bahahah Thinking about saying the same thing about you.

Stop replying to my posts remember you wanted me blocked? You're not only a backslapper but a hypocrite of the highest order.

You're good entertainment sometimes carrots, you don't take things too seriously!

Reply #112
We were down for count at 0-4, up against a team who, in recent times has made it very hard for us. Our key backman was out and there was genuine doubt over a couple of others. 

Our bottom six, who may not be the most talented bunch in the world, gave 100% effort for 100% of the time....that is all you can ask.

And finally, and most importantly, our leadership group LED!!!

Reply #113
Gee we're a funny lot
Fighting when we lose, fighting when we win. :D

I don't think anybody would have been unhappy about the performance yesterday. ???
Fact is this place is always much more active after a loss than a win.
The worse the loss, the more active.
That's purely and simply because there is more to argue and discuss after a loss.
It's a nature  of the beast that these fan forums just don't celebrate victories to the same extent that they analyse losses.

While we're pleased with the performance there is also the thought in the back of our minds that we're facing a couple of tough games and we want to see consistency.
Doesn't mean we have to win, but we have to bring the effort.
There are no easy games anymore.

Reply #114

Cripps taller than Everitt!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #115
Leave Cripps in, I say. Let him learn at high speed rather than pilcking up bad habits in the 2s.
x 2, must play AFL. We've carried far far worse than this bloke, will be miles better for the development. What would I know though.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #116

Cripps taller than Everitt!

Yes, noticed this too! And Crippsy loooked taller than Waite on the ground too when standing next to each other. Huge unit!

Reply #117
Good to hear Lucas went in hard. 9 tackles from him!

Stood up in the end when we needed all hands on deck. Probably his most selfless performance in the jumper.

There was a spirit of endeavour, ruthlessly maintained, against a persistent and good opponent that helped lift and focus blokes. And, yes, Lucas was one of those... but under big pressure he made ordinary choices. Sorry, but I'd have Robbo, Brock, Graham, Jeffy, Armfield and probably Cachia in front of him.

Lucas can be a deer in headlights, but in that last quarter he and Bell laid some huge tackles and did not stop running.  I didn't know Lucas had that grit in him.  I stand corrected.  Give me three more weeks of that and he'll be a 200 games player.  Actually he reminds me of Simmo who also had a slow start to his career.

Reply #118
@Mondy

Lucas is beginning to slowly win me over I must say. Still lacks a bit of poise and rushes his disposals a bit (leading to a few errors) but he doesn't seem so overawed by the physical stuff and gets stuck in himself a bit more. Maybe he will pay off in the end - just a late bloomer - we can only keep hoping. Deserves to stay in for WCE game IMO. Would be a great bonus if he works out long term now after all the doubts on him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #119
Lucas can be a deer in headlights, but in that last quarter he and Bell laid some huge tackles and did not stop running.  I didn't know Lucas had that grit in him.  I stand corrected.  Give me three more weeks of that and he'll be a 200 games player.  Actually he reminds me of Simmo who also had a slow start to his career.

Sometimes you don't realize that you have it in you until you are forced to do it.  No one was prepared or dared to shirk an issue yesterday, Lucas included. Could be a watershed match for him.