Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92872 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #285
Who was Goddard's opponent last night btw?

That's a good question. I thought it was Gibbs but I think he was on Watson for a large part of the night.

Checked today & Goddard's opponent was Duigan......see ya Nick, ball-butcherer and cannot keep an opponent in check to save himself.

No Gibbs had Goddard for some time...

Reply #286

That's a good question. I thought it was Gibbs but I think he was on Watson for a large part of the night.

Checked today & Goddard's opponent was Duigan......see ya Nick, ball-butcherer and cannot keep an opponent in check to save himself.

Not as much as Duigan, Gibbs had Jobe for a lot of the time.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #287
Our training facilities now rule the club. Seems our blokes would rather be in with the training facilities than out on the ground... and what would be the result of that? Just look at the ladder.

Collingwood (and Malthouse) had facilities (both IT and training) streaks ahead of the rest of the competition and it was a big contributor to their success.

We just need to add the phases of the moon and you've managed to find just about everything to blame except the pony you backed :P

Reply #288

Ratts tried to harness every positive out of our list, whilst MM has exposed it to all manner of AFL pressure. The former provided perceived opportunity whilst the latter dealt in reality, hence here we are.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #289
Our training facilities now rule the club. Seems our blokes would rather be in with the training facilities than out on the ground... and what would be the result of that? Just look at the ladder.

Collingwood (and Malthouse) had facilities (both IT and training) streaks ahead of the rest of the competition and it was a big contributor to their success.

We just need to add the phases of the moon and you've managed to find just about everything to blame except the pony you backed :P

Easier than facing the truth.

But there's always hope.

Maybe we limp into 9th, get a gift from the AFL and beat the Tiges in the first final.

All of a sudden MM is equal to anything we've done in more than a decade.

But he has failed this year, to this point.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #290

Gibba never had Goddard, he played his usual run with role on Jobe. Duigan had Goddard for the entire game, even followed him to the bench.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #291
Dear Sticks and the Board,

Can we have our footy club back please?

Thanks,
Cookie.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #292

But there's always hope.

Maybe we limp into 9th, get a gift from the AFL and beat the Tiges in the first final.

Failed badly imo - the point I'd almost prefer Ratts!  ???
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #293

But there's always hope.

It would be naive to think or say us making the finals by default is an achievement.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #294

Gibba never had Goddard, he played his usual run with role on Jobe. Duigan had Goddard for the entire game, even followed him to the bench.

Gibbs played on Goddard for some time.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #295

I never saw them matched up at all. Goddard played down back for the majority, Duigan was with him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #296

I never saw them matched up at all. Goddard played down back for the majority, Duigan was with him.

Was sitting behind the IC gate and can confirm Duigan rotated with Goddard for the bulk of occasions. Duigan was effective in the first quarter and caused Goddard to be dragged depth in defense. After 1/4 time Bumbers let Goddard run free and Duigan became less effective, the problem though wasn't really Duigan. The problem seemed we had no viable marking target besides Henderson in F50, nobody presenting very little forward movement. Often they kicked to Hendo in 3 on 1 situations. The loss of Walker and Kreuzer before game cooked our balance.

For me this is a real weakness at our club, the situation remains unchanged since Ratten was replaced. We have no smart ball users going inside F50, our decision making is generally quite poor. I'd be giving our forward coaches the flick at the earliest possible opportunity.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #297

Unless you were watching Goddard for 100% of the time you can't for sure know who was playing on him for the entire game.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #298
First off, we had 7 of our best 22 not playing, then Brock Maclean went down in the first quarter. Second, except for 20 mins in the second quarter and about 10 minutes in the last, we played all over them. Finally, it was only when we decided to knock Simpson out, the only Carlton player actually trying to win the game for us, did Essendon get over the top of us.
Our goal kicking was appalling. It wasn't just the 22 behinds, but also the large number of total misses. Can someone please explain what Armfield was doing just before half time. I happened to get to the ground early this week and saw both of the warm ups. The worrying thing for me that they were missing shots at goal in the first warm up, and then they went in and got changed into their gear and came out and continued to miss shots at goal. Then the played the same way throughour the match. Could someone please esplain to the players that practicing doing something does make it better. You need to practice doing things right to improve. In other words it is no point practicing your goal kicking if you are not practicing kicking goals. Did anyone in the coaching panel, like the forward coach, notice the players were missing shots at goal in the warm ups and then take them aside to fix the problem. Everone seemed to busy being pally with the Essendon coaching group.
The worst thing about Saturday's result is that it has vindicated Essendon's behaviour. They will be thinking that if the gods thought what they were doing was wrong then they would punish them. This result will only encourage them to not take responsibility for the despicable acts they have been engaged in and encourage the belief that they are the victims in all of this. It is going to take me a long to forgive Carlton for Saturday's performance.

Reply #299

To be honest, I'm getting sick of our no.1 pick  having to play "run with" roles. What about the part where others do "run with" roles on our no.1 pick. We might get better footy out of him then .