Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 26307 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 23: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #75
Presume Mitchell would get a job with us via the Bolton connection but thats if he doesnt want back to the Hawks.....
Dont see Bolton wanting Ratten breathing down his neck, thats a lot of extra pressure and while he is a inexperienced matchday coach he knows that Rattens presence
would mean a ready made replacement is on hand to take his job any day they want to fire the gun......

Quite apart from that, I can't see Ratts taking an assistant's gig, unless it was somewhere like the Tigers, or unless he's got no choice. And given what happened last time, I can't see him coming back to us, and certainly not as 2IC

Reply #76
Quite apart from that, I can't see Ratts taking an assistant's gig, unless it was somewhere like the Tigers, or unless he's got no choice. And given what happened last time, I can't see him coming back to us, and certainly not as 2IC

He might come back if MLG says the job is yours in 12 months time if we are bottom 4........although Ratten would seem an ideal fit for Stkilda who are a failed rebuild and need to start again...

Reply #77
He might come back if MLG says the job is yours in 12 months time if we are bottom 4........although Ratten would seem an ideal fit for Stkilda who are a failed rebuild and need to start again...

Do you think there's any bad blood between SOS and Ratten over the salary cap shenanigans ?

Reply #78
Do you think there's any bad blood between SOS and Ratten over the salary cap shenanigans ?

If either of them can't move on neither of them should be at the club.

At some point, it becomes a footnote in history and the focus needs to be forwards not backwards accepting the past occurred.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #79
If either of them can't move on neither of them should be at the club.

At some point, it becomes a footnote in history and the focus needs to be forwards not backwards accepting the past occurred.

Well, you and I both know that human nature is not always quite so benevolent. If SOS, Bradley etc were getting extra money under the table, and the other players didn't know, isn't this basically deceiving your team mates ? I have no idea how it all transpired, but what I outline is certainly one possibility.

Reply #80

Not sure on that and as Thry said you expect all parties to have moved on...this issue of SOS having so much power..perceived or otherwise might be a problem though.....

Reply #81
Not sure on that and as Thry said you expect all parties to have moved on...this issue of SOS having so much power..perceived or otherwise might be a problem though.....

Thanks.

Reply #82

I think they would be fine.
They both wouldn’t have much time for Kernahan

Reply #83
Well, you and I both know that human nature is not always quite so benevolent. If SOS, Bradley etc were getting extra money under the table, and the other players didn't know, isn't this basically deceiving your team mates ? I have no idea how it all transpired, but what I outline is certainly one possibility.

I'll give you another one... ;D

Of all the stars of the 1990-2000 Carlton sides is it really logical to believe that only about half a dozen were considered worthy of money offered outside the declared salary cap.

That's even harder to swallow when you see some of the names that were in the 'public domain' as receiving under the table payments

Reply #84
I'll give you another one... ;D

Of all the stars of the 1990-2000 Carlton sides is it really logical to believe that only about half a dozen were considered worthy of money offered outside the declared salary cap.

That's even harder to swallow when you see some of the names that were in the 'public domain' as receiving under the table payments

I only know of 5 names related to the cap saga - the 4 that came forward, plus Matthew Allan. Look, I'm aware that maybe they were al in on it, including Ratten. One day we might know the truth.

Reply #85
In fact, I'm surprised that someone hasn't already blamed our new wooden spoon on the cap penalties. It seems to be a good scapegoat.

Reply #86
In fact, I'm surprised that someone hasn't already blamed our new wooden spoon on the cap penalties. It seems to be a good scapegoat.

Not the penalties as such but much of the disaster of the last 15 years is attributable to the Elliott and then Pratt years, the attitude that we could buy success took an awful lot of killing.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #87
Not the penalties as such but much of the disaster of the last 15 years is attributable to the Elliott and then Pratt years, the attitude that we could buy success took an awful lot of killing.

No doubt.

Reply #88

I don’t think Kernahan provided a lot of insight into how things should be done either

Reply #89

The rebuild we are now in is the first recognition by the club that we need to move into the modern era. Prior to that I don't think the club had even realised that there was a modern era. We have still got a lot of lost ground to make up.
Reality always wins in the end.