Skip to main content
Topic: A Rapid Rise Would Not Surprise. (Read 40525 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A Rapid Rise Would Not Surprise.

Reply #75
Kennedy is an unknown still in my opinion, he's promised like Garlett or Pickett but hardly delivered any more in real terms.

Williamson has shown and delivered far more already, and he has done so as a dead set beginner, but if he cannot get his body right he will be one of those very sad stories of the coodabeen variety!

Actually, Williamson and Weitering are in a similar boat, they have shown in their first seasons so much, but struggled to repeat it as yet!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
IT supports my point, but both of them are not walk up starts at AFL level at this stage (at least as far as I was concerned).

The blokes I was talking about are the sort that could realistically expect to get a game for any club in the AFL.
Kennedy will be straight in, that in no doubt. Late season footy was very good even though he was never fit. Just at his fittest late in the year. It was an issue though given we had to send him off for surgery early.

I'm thinking Williamson will be straight in too.

Reply #77
What is your opinion on JSOS from 2015 Draft Jeza?

Well above average for a pick 60ish who is still only 20.

I find the criticism of him delusional in the extreme - not that I think he's a guaranteed success. But again - lets have just a little perspective. 20 years old / pick 60ish.

To me he looks like a future Mark Lecras type - although I think he'll be a much better contested / high mark than Lecras. Already is probably.

I only left guys like him out my previous post because we've traded out experienced players to get access to high draft picks. Those are the ones I'm looking at to drive us up the ladder as of now.

Reply #78
Two words that will ensure improvement in 2019

STRONG LEADERSHIP

(Cripps and Docherty will not accept mediocre bull$hit.

Reply #79
To me he looks like a future Mark Lecras type - although I think he'll be a much better contested / high mark than Lecras. Already is probably.

That was Jack Silvagni that CJD was talking about wasn't it, did I miss an edit? :o

The only HFF or SF on our list that comes close to Mark LeCras is ....................... none that I can see!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Two words that will ensure improvement in 2019

STRONG LEADERSHIP

(Cripps and Docherty will not accept mediocre bull$hit.

Bloody oath. Murphy simply wasn't a leader....not his fault, just the way it is....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #81
Well above average for a pick 60ish who is still only 20.

I find the criticism of him delusional in the extreme - not that I think he's a guaranteed success. But again - lets have just a little perspective. 20 years old / pick 60ish.

I only left guys like him out my previous post because we've traded out experienced players to get access to high draft picks. Those are the ones I'm looking at to drive us up the ladder as of now.

What I like about Jack is that he is a footballer first and foremost.  He may lack the athleticism of many, but I think that he more than makes up for that with his ability to get in the right positions and to generally use the ball well when he gets it.

He certainly has a way to go to cement a spot in the 22 but he certainly has the football ability to do so.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #82
What I like about Jack is that he is a footballer first and foremost.  He may lack the athleticism of many, but I think that he more than makes up for that with his ability to get in the right positions and to generally use the ball well when he gets it.

He certainly has a way to go to cement a spot in the 22 but he certainly has the football ability to do so.

x10.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #83

Agree. Jack has a huge heart and will always give his all. I have a huge amount of time for him and we desperately need players with this level of commitment. I hope like hell he can be successful!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #84
Any of our under 21's -22's could develop into really good footballers.
I think we sometimes lose sight of that because just at the moment there are so many of them.
Whereas in the past we were making calls on mid 20 age players, and that was fair.....now it's a much younger group.

Reply #85
Agree. Jack has a huge heart and will always give his all. I have a huge amount of time for him and we desperately need players with this level of commitment. I hope like hell he can be successful!

I also hope he'll succeed, but I'm far from convinced.

Reply #86
We've just got to get him to 100 games for the father /son ;) :D

Reply #87
We've just got to get him to 100 games for the father /son ;) :D

Either him, Ben, or Tom. Preferably all 4. Maximises our chances of 4 generations of Silvagni.

Reply #88
That was Jack Silvagni that CJD was talking about wasn't it, did I miss an edit? :o

The only HFF or SF on our list that comes close to Mark LeCras is ....................... none that I can see!

So you don't see any similarities between Jack and Lecras?

Marking player, mid sized, play HFF, not overly quick but a good natural footballer?

No similarity at all?

Jack's quite a bit taller I admit. Incidentally by the time Lecras was 20 he'd kicked 7 goals. Jack 32.

Perspective.

Reply #89
The fact that Lecras and Jack may share a few superficial characteristics does not in any way make them comparable players.