Skip to main content
Topic: Round 20: Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Pain (Read 35634 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 20: Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Pain

Reply #15
We're not tanking ...we're just frightful

Frightful is putting it kindly Lods, we are as bad as when we finished bottom a decade ago and our future now is even bleaker.
To all those spruiking for the number one pick I'll remind them that we had three number one picks in four years, Walker at two and recruited Judd, and look where we are now.
It's hard to see us being competitive in under five years and membership and sponsorship will take a big hit, there's a generation of Carlton supporters now who only know us as failures.
I'm at the point of despair, in 50 years of following the Blues I've never been more pessimistic about our future.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #16
Yarran and Menzel in the twos, Casboult(injured or rested).....playing, Ellard, Dick etc....we tanked IMO and had little interest in winning the game.
I want the first ND draft pick and the first PSD pick so I wont be complaining.....SOS has the tools now to get the job done at the draft/trade table and the rebuilding can start.
Forget about tonight and the next three weeks and dont expect any great effort from anyone except SOS and the recruiting dept who need to be getting down to business...

Reply #17
Easy to be a good sport when you win (after getting in someone else's face)
In the way Robbo went over to him, it just didn't look like he thought that that anything that had happened during the match was anything to grudge over.as it has been said , we don't know what was said, but the face said a lot

Reply #18
To all those spruiking for the number one pick I'll remind them that we had three number one picks in four years, Walker at two and recruited Judd, and look where we are now.

One is injured, one is retired, the other three were in our best handful  :-\

We didn't put a support cast around them.

I see the club aiming for 6 top 10 picks over the next 3 years.

Reply #19
Somehow I don't think I will bother with the replay  :( :-[ :'( :o
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Absolutely can't have Barker as coach. We desperately need a new leader who is fresh to the Club, who has no previous or current connection with the playing group....someone who can come in and see the playing group as a blank canvas and with no bias can make whatever changes (working hand-in-hand with SoS) he deems necessary - no matter how hard they may seem to appear to be to the rest of us. If Barker was smart, he wouldn't have applied in the first place, as this particular coaching gig is not for him.

Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #21

Agree....we are at rock bottom and need a total cleanout which means hitting the ND hard with top ten picks.....bottom 4 finishes for the next three years IMO while we assemble the next nucleus
of the list..

Reply #22
Absolutely can't have Barker as coach. We desperately need a new leader who is fresh to the Club, who has no previous or current connection with the playing group....someone who can come in and see the playing group as a blank canvas and with no bias can make whatever changes (working hand-in-hand with SoS) he deems necessary - no matter how hard they may seem to appear to be to the rest of us. If Barker was smart, he wouldn't have applied in the first place, as this particular coaching gig is not for him.

It will be interesting to see if he will be given an assistant's position next year.

Reply #23
The club may well have have a "gentlemen's agreement" in place, looking after Barker with money / employment etc. for taking a hit for the team.

Reply #24
In the way Robbo went over to him, it just didn't look like he thought that that anything that had happened during the match was anything to grudge over.as it has been said , we don't know what was said, but the face said a lot
Have to wonder why robbo was singling out Jammo too. The carlton players were all in a group and robbo walks past a few to specifically get to jammo who clearly didn't want a piece of him for some reason. Reckon robbo has said or done something to deserve this one.

Reply #25

three words
talia darling kennedy

Reply #26
Walker looked dangerous at times up forward. Would be a huge bonus if he came into some good form to boost his trade value.

Jamison is finished. He was always a one trick pony and now he's lost that trick.

Reply #27
At least Cripps did his Rising Star chances no harm......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #28
Walker looked dangerous at times up forward. Would be a huge bonus if he came into some good form to boost his trade value.

Jamison is finished. He was always a one trick pony and now he's lost that trick.

Jamison should retire like 10 others and don't hit our salary cap. ...do the honorable thing....

Reply #29

When we had the three number one picks we also had the first pick of the second and third rounds, none of whom are still at the club.
Last year we traded pick 7 for Jaksch, four years ago we traded pick 21 or so for Warnock, our recruiting and list management has been the worst in the AFL by a country mile and how anyone can have confidence that it will all turn around is staggering.
Tonight's result was disastrous, there's no way it can be spun as positive.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.