Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead  (Read 70741 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v Swans semi final - pre game thead

Reply #15
Heard Darcy this morning completely dismiss any chance of us winning, already I feel confident of an upset!!  Eddie rightly pointed out that the Swans have injury worries and that on that ground Mick has a good record and would be better for us.

Need to wait and see who is available before getting a feel for the game.  Mick doesn't usually make a lot of changes once he has a settled side.

D'Arsey is not exactly in the brain surgeon category fortunately so his opinion is worth Jack. I would have like Eddie to bag MM to really fire him up - but I guess Eddie's a bit too cagey for that, besides he may be looking to poach him for 2014.  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Please keep writing us off Darcy. You're a clueless turd. We are a massive chance to take this out and we owe them payback for 2010.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/football/injury-list

Goodes last played in late June....c''mon, roll the dice Horse.

Some big outs all the same - Shaw, Reid, LRt.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #18
Apparently the talk is Goodes has been training fairly hard the last 3 or 4 weeks and the aim is to use him as sub. 

We know what this bloke is capable of he only needs a quarter. 

Reply #19
Apparently the talk is Goodes has been training fairly hard the last 3 or 4 weeks and the aim is to use him as sub. 

I would welcome this move and its a masive risk for the swans. Then again if they are short a number of players you could do a lot worse than to bring him into the side.

Reply #20

Meh, I'm not worried. They tried the same with Jetta and he was ineffective.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
The fact that will be underdogs for the rest of the season suits us down to the ground. We can play with no pressure going in to every game, starting last week and continuing this week!! ;)
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #22
Doesn't matter who plays for the swannies, they all go in hard and all know their roles. They all play selflessly and this is where we have to match them. We can't rely on our fab 4 to do it on their own.
Need bigger games from the Touhy's and Armfeild types.

We're more than capable.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #23

I'm sure the tigers were saying the same thing about us and Judd. Great players (and I know some don't rate Goodes) have a knack of coming back and having a huge game.

Reply #24
Doesn't matter who plays for the swannies, they all go in hard and all know their roles. They all play selflessly and this is where we have to match them. We can't rely on our fab 4 to do it on their own.
Need bigger games from the Touhy's and Armfeild types.

We're more than capable.

Touhy will play a big game this Saturday night. Watch him tear them apart!  >:D
(Ok, maybe not tear them apart, but he will lift massively IMO)
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #25
We have to pace ourselves carefully v. the Swans. If we drop off too much at any time they will certainly punish us - they are a lot more deadly than the Tigers for sure.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #26

I'm sure the tigers were saying the same thing about us and Judd. Great players (and I know some don't rate Goodes) have a knack of coming back and having a huge game.

Aye, noted but Judd had missed 2 weeks, Goodes has now missed more than 2 months of footy.

It seems he last played in Rd 13.

If they bring back LRT too - with the ins last week, a third of their team will be very underdone......

All I'm saying is it could work in our favour....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #27
I reckon we're in a rich vein of form and most of our players have played 5 finals now. They've lost by less than a goal on three of those occasions. They know what it's like to just lose a final and I'm pretty sure they're not interested in tatsing that type of defeat again. I think we're better than 50/50 TBH.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #28
We can win, but if we do it won't be the same way we did against the Tigs.

There's no way on gods green earth the Swans will let Judd and then Gibbs get of the chain.

Watched the replay today and could not believe how much width our guys were given after half time.

We must stick with the Swans.

Also, it looked to me as though (first half only, missed the second) the Hawks didn't have as many men at the contest v the Swans. They appeared to let the Swans get sucked into the contest and the Hawks left a few guys outside it for clean possession and if the Swans did get it they were waiting to ambush the ball receiver.

Not a bad idea.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #29
We've got a 50/50 chance I reckon.
The Swannies got belted by Hawthorn which never does any team any good and they've got a few missing, if McLean comes up we're just about full strength apart from Carratts but Curnow is doing the job in his absence, our rucks are going well and our midfield is in form.
McLean for McInnes/Menzel looks likely.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.