Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 26980 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Post Game Pain: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #60
Some of the comments within the votes thread:

Cunningham is showing glimpses from half back.  Reminds more of a young David Wojinski.

Got pace and has a crack, stuffs up but is trying.....”

Totally agree, gaining more confidence, has talent and will be good for us BUT it was game no. 13!!!  Matthew Kennedy can play, is still injured and AFL game no. 21.

We haven’t done a Hawthorn or Swans and slid 2 or 3 newbies in amongst hardened A graders.  We throw them in together with their peers, a couple of older heads and some window dressing.  The Cunningham’s, Curnow, Dows, Fishers, Garlett, O’Brien’s, Kennedy's, McKays, Plowmans, Marchbank, SPS, SOJ all rely on each other for support yet they would all be considered pups in any other top side. Even our A Grader Cripps is still under 80 games, a benchmark that many suggest is when you start to really belong.

Our window dressing tonight let us down badly, they aren’t up to it, but what can you do?

Marchbank, Dogherty and Williamson would be in our best back 6, with ASOS and Rowe in the wings.....none are match fit or available BIG HOLE

We have no back up ruckmen to give Kruz a week off to try to recover properly. BIG HOLE.

Now we are without the ground speed of Pickett or Murphy.

Watch out for Dejoning in the NBs, he’s a player and lets get Darcy Lang in to see what he can do. 

Continuity is the key, we haven’t got it yet but luck must turn our way shortly. But it ain’t fun waiting!!

Reply #61
Quite frankly, if I was on the board of CFC, I would vote for Bolton's sacking....

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #62
What a joke.
Promised so much but have delivered nothing.
Being a young side doesn’t mean you can play with no balls and no heart.
Sick of our Club being a laughing stock.

Reply #63
What concerns me is the younger kids being belted physically, and, mentally. I would much rather they play harder bodies, and, put the group together to gel and get some confidence. We don't really have any harder bodies to pick from right now.

Season is over for us. Time to plan what we can get out of the rest of our matches.

Reply #64
Season over after Round 4... what a sad Club we have become.
What’s scarier is we have JK, Darling, LeCeas and Nuc Nat to deal with next week. Yet another thrashing :(

Reply #65
I fell asleep during the quarter time break and didn't wake up until 4 minutes left in the last.

It seems i spent more time awake than the whole team did.

I thought after Brisbanes 'effort' earlier today that we might've had a break in the media this week.

But no, we won the spotlight back.

But hey, its not all bad. We got a record today.....lowest ever score at that ground...if not the state!

Reply #66
Does anyone else get the feeling that Cripps is playing "angry".

He's carrying a big weight at the moment and with both Gibbs gone and now Murphy missing he's copping all the attention.
Hardly a wonder his effectiveness is down.

Reply #67
RIP  CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB
1864 - 2018
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #68

He's carrying a big weight at the moment and with both Gibbs gone and now Murphy missing he's copping all the attention.

Yes, I think the same. Kennedy will help him, but he is only young himself and played 20 games. Cripps is now our number one midfiielder.

Reply #69
Crisps is our only midfielder, the rest are ballast.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #70

I said this last week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #71
I said Kreuzer's injury was probably going to be a long term thing, he'll probably be like that for the remainder of the season, if they keep playing him.

I won't be surprised that they pull the pin on him before halfway and start setting him for 2019. The thing is if it's a iliopsoas it cannot get worse, but I doubt it will improve while he continues playing. They need him to get working on building support strength to correct the loss of core stability or he'll burn this season and most of his next!

This season is lost already, why fight it!
Agree.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #72
Hey everybody ! Why so glum ? In the not too distant future, when we become the Melbourne equivalent of the great Brisbane 3peat teams, performances like yesterday will be a long, distant memory. Just hang on my friends. Food will taste better, the air will seem fresher. You'll have more energy and self confidence than you ever dreamed of.

Reply #73
Putting aside any discussion about game plan & tactics.....it’s our basic skills & decision-making which are the biggest red flags for me, they simply aren’t AFL standard & quite frankly, an indictment on the entire playing group....

Totally agree. Everything is built on solid skills and high awareness. There was virtually no evidence of either last night. Until that is fixed we cannot move forward.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #74
Steps I would take today:
1. Summons the entire coaching and playing list to a remote location and light a big campfire;
2. Wheel in a trailer load of VB;
3. Look each other in the eye and dish out some home truths around the campfire, a no holds barred free for all;
4. Empty said trailer load of VB;
5. Start fresh with the footy stuff Tuesday.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th