Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge Rd #2: Carlton vs. Collingwood at QEO (Read 48700 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge Rd #2: Carlton vs. Collingwood at QEO

Reply #60
White seems to be getting pumped up on the radio, was he good?

White was his usual self. Some people like it, some don't. Personally he was....
Hard at it.
Disciplined.
Doing the 1%ers.
Playing at both ends of the ground.
Never giving an inch.

Personally, i think he deserves a spot in the side because of the way he plays. Others don't agree.

Reply #61
White looked agile and athletic, almost played the mitch Robbo role in the forward line... With less dumbness
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #62
Need to judge White under real pressure. He's usually found wanting. IMO. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #63
I thought White was one of our best players on the ground. I love the way he goes about his footy.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #64
Really concerned that the extra kicking work that Levi has been putting in doesn't appear to have changed things for the better.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #65
Like Shades said, just a praccy. I dare say Yazz will wear a hard tag come round 1. Will be a test to see how far he's come.

ATM, and I know it's only early days, the pick 7 for Jaksch and Blaine is looking very juicy. Jaksch moves like a real footballer, I'd be happy with just him alone for pick 7.

Interested to see Whiley play too.  :)

Reply #66
Really concerned that the extra kicking work that Levi has been putting in doesn't appear to have changed things for the better.

Agree with this too. Would be elite tall forward if he could only kick straight.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67
Haven't seen the game yet (family function) but the result is very encouraging. Yarran's game sounds great!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #68
Need to judge White under real pressure. He's usually found wanting. IMO. ;)

The pressure White puts himself under is superior to that of most. He puts himself in positions where others would be too afraid to go.

Pressure gets to everybody at some stage, Murphy, Judd, Gibbs included.

Reply #69
The pressure White puts himself under is superior to that of most. He puts himself in positions where others would be too afraid to go.

Pressure gets to everybody at some stage, Murphy, Judd, Gibbs included.

I tend to agree Kruddler.

White actually hunts the ball while some of his hermit team-mates prefer to allow their opponent to take possession, we've had too many taggers and not enough hunters, I think we need a few more like White and all of a sudden well find options everywhere!

I heard on the radio this evening commentators talking about Simmo and Yazz working in tandem off half-back makes such a difference. Because they both attack that makes it very hard for opposition to shut them down without disrupting their own set-up.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
Hey thank for the comments, incisive and appreciated,
from all of you!

Reply #71
Wasn't able to watch, someone told me Gibbs and Jones with injuries, can anyone update me?

Simpson limped off before half time too

Reply #72
On today's game there is plenty to be excited about Jaksch. I think Boekhorst will be a player, while Tutt and Jones showed enough to grant them time to prove their worth.
Warnock is useless and should not play another game. Judd needs to sign on for 2016 and Yazz needs a contract extension ASAP.
Carrots was very good while Simmo was loose with his disposal at times. Bell and Everitt are both players who ride on the fringe of elite only to falter without reason.
Cripps isn't ready yet, neither is Clem.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #73
Wasn't able to watch, someone told me Gibbs and Jones with injuries, can anyone update me?

Simpson limped off before half time too

Simpson came back on. Gibbs didn't from what I was watching. Trying to find something on the web about Gibbs with no luck so far.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #74
Jaksch...lock in for rnd 1 and has been since he got to the club, consistent and doesnt panic.
Boekhorst...at the moment a cameo player, does well when he gets the footy but doesnt get enough of it...still will play rnd 1 IMO.
Jones.....seems to be always near the footy but doesnt get enough of it, conversion has been a problem in his career but so far has kicked straight.
             will play rnd1 IMO.

Tutt...better this week, chased well, got involved in a few linked plays and got more of the footy. Doesnt have the tricks of Garlett or Betts though.
         Will also play rnd 1.

Warnock...rucked ok but again nothing around the ground....may play rnd 1 though as Wood is still a rookie.

Cripps....couple of skill errors and his disposal isnt A+ but we need his big body around the ball and learning from Judd who was our best player IMO...

Casboult......its not working with Jones up forward so far and he looks out of sorts...

White...honest Indian who will get a game as we lack physical presence and while no star tries to do what the coach wants and coaches like that and I reckon White is a
fav of Micks.