Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd3: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne (Read 25818 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd3: Northern Blues vs. Port Melbourne

Reply #60
Really impressed with SOS in that clip. Did not expect him to be playing like that in VFL already, just off that clip you would think he would be making his debut later in the year.

Most important thing is he looks a natural forward, FINALLY!

Jaksch also did some nice things, would love to see a forward line of McKay, Jaksch as the two talls and SOS as 3rd tall for a couple games later in the year. Fingers crossed.

Reply #61
Yep was there today. 1 KJ goal was Joe the goose, the other 2 from marks. Once the contest was over, so was he.  Jammo struggled. Was out positioned and out marked by VFL players.  Those who want to promote Silvagni need to go and watch a game. He's going to be very good but at the moment he gives 100% chases, tackles and smothers with intent, but struggles in the contest to win the ball and match it with the big bodies.  He just needs time.

It's a good thing sides aren't selected on the basis of highlight packages!

Thanks for your observations.  It seems that we won't be seeing KJ, Jack or Jamo in the firsts in the near future.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #62
It's a good thing sides aren't selected on the basis of highlight packages!

Thanks for your observations.  It seems that we won't be seeing KJ, Jack or Jamo in the firsts in the near future.

A mate of mine was at Preston on Sat and he texted that KJ was not ready yet for the seniors - in his opinion. Jamo apparently limped off sometime in the 4Q - didn't look too good.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #63
A mate of mine was at Preston on Sat and he texted that KJ was not ready yet for the seniors - in his opinion. Jamo apparently limped off sometime in the 4Q - didn't look too good.

I saw Jaksch the week before. Happy to get him straight in without hesitation. Can really take a mark and kick a goal,so straight in. Plus he can play both ends. no need to be playing Rowe ahead of him.

Reply #64
He'd have to be in with a strong show next week unless we see a minor miracle occur in the West tomorrow.

Lol! Nice work!

Reply #66
Yep was there today. 1 KJ goal was Joe the goose, the other 2 from marks. Once the contest was over, so was he.  Jammo struggled. Was out positioned and out marked by VFL players.  Those who want to promote Silvagni need to go and watch a game. He's going to be very good but at the moment he gives 100% chases, tackles and smothers with intent, but struggles in the contest to win the ball and match it with the big bodies.  He just needs time.

The Joe the Goose goal was in the video replay and was as a result of team pressure which he was part of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNKII1Bm7yU&feature=youtu.be

I know he's a bit in and out of the game by all reports but seriously how are we leaving a tall young forward showing even a bit of form out of this team.

Got me buggered.

Totally disagree with you on Silvagni. I've seen skinnier players in the AFL - if he's good enough (which I think he is) put him in. Not saying he'll kick 5 and destroy blokes with his tackling but this year is about development.

Reply #67
The Joe the Goose goal was in the video replay and was as a result of team pressure which he was part of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNKII1Bm7yU&feature=youtu.be

I know he's a bit in and out of the game by all reports but seriously how are we leaving a tall young forward showing even a bit of form out of this team.

Got me buggered.

Totally disagree with you on Silvagni. I've seen skinnier players in the AFL - if he's good enough (which I think he is) put him in. Not saying he'll kick 5 and destroy blokes with his tackling but this year is about development.

We agree to disagree.  Get down and have a look at an NB game and possibly you'll have a more informed opinion.

Reply #68
We agree to disagree.  Get down and have a look at an NB game and possibly you'll have a more informed opinion.

I've seen it so many times before. Guys don't have to kick 30 goals a game at VFL level to be able to step up. Garlett and Yarran could never get a kick at VFL level yet they could pick up their form at AFL level.

You can see KJ is doing more than enough to get selected in our barren wasteland of a forward line.

Silvagni - not saying he has to get picked this week but he's certainly not too small.

Reply #69
I've seen it so many times before. Guys don't have to kick 30 goals a game at VFL level to be able to step up. Garlett and Yarran could never get a kick at VFL level yet they could pick up their form at AFL level.

You can see KJ is doing more than enough to get selected in our barren wasteland of a forward line.

Silvagni - not saying he has to get picked this week but he's certainly not too small.

The blokes who regularly watch the NBs, the NBs coach and the match committee all think differently.  KJ will have to improve his consistency and second efforts before he comes into consideration for senior selection.

Silvagni will be a player; he has poise and executes well.  However, watching his half game against Essendon in the NAB challenge showed that he is too easily brushed aside in contests.  He will need to develop size and strength and learn to hold his position before he will be considered.  I think he may get a run later in the year but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't debut until 2017.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #70
What's with his shoulders?

Reply #71
What's with his shoulders?

Reconstruction last year.

Reply #72

Maybe go have a look at the magoos rather than making selections off edited highlights.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #73
Stats from the game:

17 possessions to Foster was a serious improvement over what he has been producing recently.
9 possessions to both Gorringe and Everitt bodes poorly for their futures. Everitt won't be getting back into the seniors with performances like that. Smith also had 9, but he does chase and tackle. Hard. I don't think he is doing enough, but he does try this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #74
Tom Wilson just rocks up each season and gives his best, even when we get beat  he is always in our best...27 possies with 5 tackles, come along way from the little kid I saw playing basketball at Nunawading..
Be great to see him get rookied but he maybe doesnt have enough tricks at senior level..could be our Caleb Daniel?
Matthew Dick must be getting close..another 26 possies....