Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 7: Northern Blues vs Coburg (Read 36216 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 7: Northern Blues vs Coburg

Reply #120
And Graham hasn't this year either, plus Graham can't kick over 40 m or run or mark or spoil.

Graham is a terrific possession getter, smart user and good tackler, but he can't get the role he wants in a AFL midfield. Gibbs and Cripps have it covered.

The only role I reckon he might, just might, have a chance of taking is Kerridge, but Kerridge cover miles more territory than Graham.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not pumping up Graham's tyres.
He's nothing flash but then neither is Armfield, I was hoping that Clem Smith would come on and play them both out of the side but that hope's starting to look like a long shot.
If Graham and Armfield are still pressing for senior selection in two years from now we'll still be struggling.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #121
Not sure about Jones over Jaksch. I prefer Jaksch as he is alot better mark. Has had games of 3,3 and 4 goals and other gamesin defence like last week where he got 20 touches and 6 marks. Jones has done ok though and certainly enough to hold his place so he stays. Right now, with Casboult out, I'd play them both.

I look forward to the day when we don't have to compare Jones and Jaksch... neither is Walls, McKay, Mclure, Kernahan, Spalding, Fevola, Whitnall, you could even throw SOS in there as a key, tall forward.

In a way comparing Jones and Jaksch is like trying to work out who is our 8th best tall forward versus who is our 9th best tall forward. Come on Harrry, come on Charlie, come on SOSOS... put us out of our misery!!!!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #122
He's nothing flash but then neither is Armfield, I was hoping that Clem Smith would come on and play them both out of the side but that hope's starting to look like a long shot.
If Graham and Armfield are still pressing for senior selection in two years from now we'll still be struggling.

Depth only - footsoldiers.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #123

You cannot kill off all the depth players, the ones in the gun should be the blokes who currently languish in the 2s and cannot get a look in. I'd expect blokes like Armfield and Graham to be the perfect depth players going forward.

Will they will ever make regular contributions, who knows?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #124

Great to see Gus Sheehan back and he was good. Disposal by foot showed a few others how it's done. Did some very encouraging things but tired and had an ice pack on his calf at the end. Hope it was just precautionary. Gotta hunch that after a couple more games he'll be pressing for senior selection.

Long overdue return.

Thanks for the report Baggers.

Reply #127
You cannot kill off all the depth players, the ones in the gun should be the blokes who currently languish in the 2s and cannot get a look in.

I agree, but in the past we've kept sub standard players on our list way too long.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #128
Check out the Korcheck goal at the club website.

Notice the Tap! :o

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-05-24/korchecks-first-goal-vfl-round-7

This bloke could be the real deal!
His ruck work is coming on nicely. He got more taps than Wood last week and more taps to advantage. But he still has a fair bit of work on the rest of game to do yet. But for a beginner, he is doing nicely.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #129
Check out the Korcheck goal at the club website.

Notice the Tap! :o

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2016-05-24/korchecks-first-goal-vfl-round-7

This bloke could be the real deal!
Centre bounce work looks bloody text book. Better kicking action than Cas. This guy has a future.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #130
Jaksch has surely got to be back this week. Surely.

Reply #131

Like always, the stats make interesting reading. I don't know who this Goodwin character is, but he got more taps than Wood as well.

8 possessions to Cunningham was disappointing. But he is a kid and will have off days. His level of fitness?

Silvagni is nowhere near fit enough for senior footy. He runs off exhausted far too often. But with the injury breaks he's had, I'm not surprised. How he will be after a couple of pre-seasons: that I'm looking forward to!

Dick: 11 possessions suggests he is not fit at the moment. He was getting 25+ just a few weeks back with no supports on his leg. I don't know what is wrong, but he is no more fit than I am.

Whiley: 3/4 of his possessions came after half time. I think that says something about his will.

Disappointed in Ballard: I thought he might improve enough to be in rookie contention. But he just can't get the ball consistently.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #132
I'd look to get SOSOS in sooner rather than later. Class like that doesn't grow on trees.

Reply #133
I'd look to get SOSOS in sooner rather than later. Class like that doesn't grow on trees.

So?

He'll play when ready .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #134
Please do not throw the boy under the bus, lets get him ready for 2018-9 when we can have a decent crack at it (hopefully)