Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73327 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #120
Wow three certain posters are very conspicuous by their absence.

He's in the NB's thread.

You might catch him before he runs off! 8)

I went to the NBs game on my Pat Malone this arvo and was writing a report for everyone on the game before reading through this thread and listening to MMs Media Conference and reading a bit about the game. Plus I didn't get home until late as the NBs game didn't start until 2:30 and I have just over an hours drive to get home. Sorry I didn't get back quick enough for you two. Hope you enjoyed your cheap shots.

There can be no ducking from the fact that this is the worst start to a season in 25 years for our club. It is the worst start to a season in MMs Senior Coach career.

It is almost inconceivable to me that after one of our worst ever efforts (in our modern history), we go to water again the following week when real pressure is applied by a supposedly far inferior opponent. Not since the Pagan days, I think, has this occurred.

MM puts it down to a lack of confidence but I would ask why is there so little resilience? He hinted at perhaps a psychological weakness in this group and I would agree, but how come we're only discovering this now when a good few of us less learned folks on this forum have observed this for a while?

I am astonished but before saying anything else I'd want to watch the replay... though Mrs Baggers has begged me not to, suggesting I must be a masochist!

I did attend the better of the two games though, it would certainly seem. A goal after the siren from a quality recruit, Luke Reynolds, gave the NBs a 3 pt win.
You certainly had the better game, Baggers. I lived through the game at the MCG and brought my youngest daughter for her 1st AFL game. It was embarrassing, really. We had so much of the ball, but had no confidence after the first 10 minutes. We kicked 3 straight goals and had the ball on a string. Then we kicked 10 straight points. Our 3rd goal was started by Buckley running our of defence and taking a risk. It was the last quick movement into the forward line for the day by us.

Yep, that's what I heard on the radiola on my drive in CRASH... 3.2 to 1.2 I think and I thought, yep this is going to script. Next, as I was enjoying a quality steak sanger at PP, I heard we were 17 pts down and the commentators were giving us hell. I only recall a feeling of horrible hollowness! But felt a little buoyed by what I was watching (the NBs) and seeing kids showing something (Holman, Reynolds, Johnson, Sheehan) and a few senior blokes showing they really want a call up - Brock, Dinger, White, Wood, Docherty. If Jeffy gets a call up on today's effort then we will be rewarding reputation, not effort.

Sorry you got the dud game, CRASH. Maybe tell your daughter, factoring in your StarWars love, that the players were hit with a little known virus from the 9th Quadrant beyond Alpha Centauri. I used to tell my daughters that after woeful efforts and it helped them endure until they were old enough to tell me I was full of it!  ;D ;D
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #121
They were hit by something, mate, but it wasn't an intergalactic virus: it was apathy, lack of confidence and ..... no, I can't continue.
Someone must have shone a ray on us that shrunk our brains and took away our testosterone.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #122
that's why they have no spine, you all whinge that they don't do this and don't do that but they have the opportunity as a whole to stand up and they didn't.

Nah, yeah you're right, lets continue to cut through the list and give MM another three years.  ???

I don't know about another three years for Malthouse but if we don't keep cutting the list we'll be winning spoons for a decade.
Good footballers don't butcher the ball week in and week out but we've now done it four weeks running, about half a dozen players out there today just aren't good enough and never will be.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #123
Doesn't it feel great to be Melbourne's first victim since June last year?? Not!

Not to mention making the day of that well known Carlton-hater, Roos.

We're nothing if not charitable this club of ours.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #124
I didn't see the game, but the result is what we all need to be embarrassed about. I couldn't give a rats clacker if we sacked all the coaches all the board members, and all the players. At least there will be no crap left behind at the club. Just watch the media milk the stories for another whole week.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #125
What a depressing day. We went, we watched and cringed - the most obvious thing to me was their lack of fitness, wtf do we have a fitness dude for? I feel fitter than 95% of the team looked!

MM is a cancer. Get rid of him today. He always blame shifts and to me, the players seem clueless, having no self belief at all - doesn't a good coach instil self confidence? Not this prick we've got.

Gee what a great move leaving Waite out was - yeah, that'll show the group.... What exactly? Oh that's right, that Hendo can't handle FF. great.

Murph needs to be relieved of pressure, poos bastard. Simons IS CFC, heart and soul. Walks is also heart and soul but lost, Jamo had a shocker and I'm about to take Warnock out myself, he does nothing around the ground, nothing!!!!

Ellard tried his guts out, Curnow was abysmal as was Tuohy. Question needs to be asked - why are they all crap now? Why???

Gibbs has decided to go - fine - his kick in the last for goal nearly made me cry, he cares so little for CFC, can't he just be dropped for the rest of the year?

Sad day, and I solely blame MM for how crap we've become!

Reply #126
if we don't keep cutting the list we'll be winning spoons for a decade.
Good footballers don't butcher the ball week in and week out but we've now done it four weeks running, about half a dozen players out there today just aren't good enough and never will be.

oh man... Does anyone else feel like we're reliving what happened with Pagan... Except we got the CEO doing what the prez was.

Reply #127

oh man... Does anyone else feel like we're reliving what happened with Pagan... Except we got the CEO doing what the prez was.

yep, I cant see us winning a game this year
the dogs are going to give us a hiding next week

no light at the end of the tunnel I m afraid

Reply #128
 :(Arizona was money well spent the fitness level is astounding! Murphy is not an elite player and the lack of heart he shows under sustained pressure is cringe worthy. Why do we have not one player on our list capable of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and dragging the rest of the team along for the ride JUDD aside in his prime long gone now. I am not angry just sad and deflated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #129

yep, I cant see us winning a game this year
the dogs are going to give us a hiding next week

no light at the end of the tunnel I m afraid

Don't worry about this year TTB.

Who will we beat next year?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #130
We kicked 4 goals after the 12 minute Mark of the first.

In perfect conditions
Against one of the worst defensive sides going around
Who put FA pressure on the ball
Who had their best defender playing forward.

MCG is our best ground.. and some of those goals came from freak solo efforts rather than manufactured from good play.

Very, very dark day for this footer club.

Reply #131
:(Arizona was money well spent the fitness level is astounding! Murphy is not an elite player and the lack of heart he shows under sustained pressure is cringe worthy. Why do we have not one player on our list capable of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and dragging the rest of the team along for the ride JUDD aside in his prime long gone now. I am not angry just sad and deflated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arizona was a holiday - paid by the members

Reply #132
We kicked 4 goals after the 12 minute Mark of the first.

In perfect conditions
Against one of the worst defensive sides going around - who played their their best defender forward :o
Who put FA pressure on the ball
Who had their best defender playing forward.

MCG is our best ground.. and some of those goals came from freak solo efforts rather than manufactured from good play.

Very, very dark day for this footer club.
My Bold & in quote.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #133
How embarrassing was today in the light of the bruise free comments by Robbo the other season. Fancy being made to look soft by Melbourne.

Reply #134

There has always been the parallels....and there has been some scary similarities
There's a subtle difference....rightly or wrongly there was a feeling that if Pagan was sacked, suddenly things would be OK, and we'd go from the depths to at least improving.
While some folk may feel that's the case in this situation, there's a more depressing feeling amongst many that the problems are entrenched deep within the culture and structure of the club and it requires fresh faces in many positions from the top down.
In short....our troubles are deeper than just a coach issue.