Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Pre Game Jitters: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 18565 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Pre Game Jitters: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
I reckon 1 of Macreadie/McKay will get a game. Helps our structures with Marchbank going out.

Prefer not to see Lamb back in favour of the irish boys. I wouldn't mind seeing Graham back at the NBs.
Surprised not to see Boekhorst as a potential in as he supposedly dominated the 2's last week.

Reply #31
Lamb for Sumner, /lamb was going ok b4 Bachar...

Macreadie/Sheehan for Marchie

Graham has earnt a spot for now.

last spot? Harry.

Samo needs a run in the 2s.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #32
Carlton

B: Sam Docherty, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Simon White, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
C: Kade Simpson, Patrick Cripps, David Cuningham
HF: Jack Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Sam Kerridge
F: Zac Fisher, Charlie Curnow, Matthew Wright
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
Int: Nick Graham, Harrison Macreadie, Harry McKay, Ciaran Sheehan, Jed Lamb, Ciaran Byrne, Sam Petrevski-Seton
(Three to be omitted)

In: Harrison Macreadie, Harry McKay, Jed Lamb, Ciaran Byrne, Sam Petrevski-Seton
Out: Caleb Marchbank (Shoulder), Liam Sumner (Omitted)
New: Harry McKay

Melbourne

B: Michael Hibberd, Oscar McDonald, Neville Jetta
HB: Jordan Lewis, Sam Frost, Bernie Vince
C: Jayden Hunt, Christian Petracca, Mitch Hannan
HF: James Harmes, Cameron Pedersen, Alex Neal-Bullen
F: Jeff Garlett, Jesse Hogan, Tom McDonald
R: Max Gawn, Clayton Oliver, Jake Melksham
Int: Billy Stretch, Jack Trengove, Dean Kent, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Josh Wagner, Sam Weideman, Joel Smith (Three to be omitted)

In: Jeff Garlett, Jesse Hogan, Jack Trengove, Dean Kent, Jay Kennedy-Harris, Sam Weideman, Joel Smith
Out: Tomas Bugg (Suspension), Jack Viney (Foot), Mitch White (Omitted), Dom Tyson (Knee)

I wouldn't mind if Lewis were one of their outs. I don't fear him as a player, but last time he got weeks for his thuggery.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #33
I'd go with Petrevski-Seton and Byrne as the two ins, only because I think they're the classiest of the bunch available.
McKay didn't have much of a game in the VFL so I can't see him getting a gig, Boekhorst 36 touches and not considered I think he's played his last senior game.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #34
Melbourne are not that great IMO and Hogan will be under done.....if Kruezer can tame Gawn then we are a chance....

Reply #35
Melbourne are not that great IMO and Hogan will be under done.....if Kruezer can tame Gawn then we are a chance....
Thats the thing EB, I reckon we are a chance in every game we play now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
Thats the thing EB, I reckon we are a chance in every game we play now.

Agree GTC...we beat the Giants so anything is possible...losing Nathan Jones and now Viney and Tyson makes them vulnerable, Petracca is very good but plays in bursts, Oliver doesnt like the tagging and Melksham is a spud. Tom McDonald has been playing well and might be a challenge for Weitering as I presume Jones will get Hogan...

Reply #37
Carlton

B: Sam Docherty, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Simon White, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
C: Kade Simpson, Patrick Cripps, David Cuningham
HF: Jack Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Sam Kerridge
F: Zac Fisher, Charlie Curnow, Matthew Wright
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
Int: Nick Graham, Harrison Macreadie, Harry McKay, Ciaran Sheehan, Jed Lamb, Ciaran Byrne, Sam Petrevski-Seton
(Three to be omitted)

We need someone to lock down on Jeffy Garlett... he's likely to run amok and kick 4 or 5.  

We need more firepower so I'd like to see Harry get a go......... Is he ready hmmm ??

Of the 3 to be omitted

Samo... ( should have to earn his spot back via 2's )

Byrne or Sheehan  ( Too soon for Byrne ?  )  cant see both of them being in

Graham or Lamb  ( unlucky )
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #38
Macreadie, Lamb, Sheehan and SPS on the bench I reckon.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #39

Of those I would think
If fit, Lamb is in.
I think Sheehan will also get another game

1 of Macreadie or McKay is out and 1 is in

I think SPS will get a game, but I have some hesitation...

I want kids like SPS to generally be played on the condition they give it all (much more than based on their actual output at this stage), but I am not sure SPS is going at 100%. So until he does I would prefer to see him out just for the moment. Just a reminder that games are earned through hard work and determination

So
Byrne (not yet ready), Graham & 1 of Macreadie/McKay will be the likely outs I think
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #40
With Marchbank out, I reckon Macreadie will be in.

Marchbank is a big out.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #41
With Marchbank out, I reckon Macreadie will be in.

Marchbank is a big out.

Yep Marchbank leaves a big hole. Time for Weitering to step up and play a blinder with Macreadie to help out.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #42
Agree GTC...we beat the Giants so anything is possible...losing Nathan Jones and now Viney and Tyson makes them vulnerable, Petracca is very good but plays in bursts, Oliver doesnt like the tagging and Melksham is a spud. Tom McDonald has been playing well and might be a challenge for Weitering as I presume Jones will get Hogan...

Watts out as well... not sure how many more games we will win this year, but this is a real opportunity.

Reply #43
I don't think Samo, McKay and Byrne will play. Samo is showing signs of a limited pre-season. McKay just ain't ready. Byrne needs another run or two to improve his stamina.

Reply #44
melb got there A grade mids out and we are saying marchbank is a big out,we should win this game but i hope the game not played in dressing room.