Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 28377 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 14: Post Game Palliative care: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #60
Ill drive him over, hand delivered. The guy is simply not AFL standard.

We have a few still on the books that aren't
As Kruddler said we have been lucky with injuries which has papered over the cracks.
We have too many one paced mids.
No forwards.
We need Harry to come good, 2 extra A grade mids and a small forward.
The Gibbs trade, if it happens, may get us one.
Pick 2,3 or 4 should get us another.
We should work hard for a clever quick small forward.

Reply #63
I don't need to, I was sitting right above it in Q9 with a perfect view. The kick should have been lower and should have allowed Pickett to run onto it. It was too loopy and gave the defenders (ie plural) time to make it difficult.

I've re watched it a few times and I reckon he could have got there... oh well.

like I said,  it's easy for me to say from my lounge... but that really killed us off as it went straight down the other end for a goal to them.

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #64
He did. Just watched it 3 times
Go to 5:39 of the AFL website highlight package. Look at the space in the pocket, if the kick went there and drew Pickett to that area, we wouldnt be having this discussion.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #65
I think Pickett was hesitant and timed it wrong.
Could have been lower as well, but Pickett had to snap that up.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #66
Go to 5:39 of the AFL website highlight package. Look at the space in the pocket, if the kick went there and drew Pickett to that area, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Football is not a perfect game.
The kick may not have been to your or his liking but there is no doubt, he chose not to go.

Reply #67
Football is not a perfect game.
The kick may not have been to your or his liking but there is no doubt, he chose not to go.
Dont agree, each to their own.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #70
We were crapeee all day. terrible/

Poor coaching, poor, poor effort/
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #71
I've been on this site for many many year and never had a crack at the umpires, but gee it's hard not to tonight.
I often have a crack at the umpires. Some times I regret it. Other times I do not. I found today very hard to handle on the umpiring front. We look for consistency and we do not get it. Rules that were enforced to a ridiculous degree 4 rounds ago now may as well not exist.
The umpires did not cost us the game: our own play did that. But the way the game was umpired made the game harder to stomach.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #72
I often have a crack at the umpires. Some times I regret it. Other times I do not. I found today very hard to handle on the umpiring front. We look for consistency and we do not get it. Rules that were enforced to a ridiculous degree 4 rounds ago now may as well not exist.
The umpires did not cost us the game: our own play did that. But the way the game was umpired made the game harder to stomach.

My point.

Reply #73
God that was a frustrating game to watch - we just needed to harden up a bit stick a screwing tackle! Tigers weren't that good, and we played as bad as I've seen us play, and it was only what 4 goals?

Jack Reiwoldt is a Goddard.

Murph - what's going on there? Timid slow and seemed really out of sorts?

Cripps champ.

That last bit of play where Gibbs kicked beautifully to Pickett who completely missed it - what was that?  Obviously inexperience, we really need and want players that want to be the match winner - too many chipping it around rather than taking it on
We have been playing quite well for some weeks now. We've been able to keep our intensity up. But it wasn't there today. The game reminded me more of last year. They wanted it more than we did and we did not hunt them: they hunted us. We had a lot of players down today, yet we managed to keep in the game. Our disposal was ordinary and our play often stagnant. I am not surprised, as we just couldn't generate any run or any easy possessions.

The defining play of the day was the lead up to the Gibbs to Pickett pass. We played some of our best footy for the day in that passage of play and we REALLY set up what should have been an easy goal. Pickett failed badly. Enough to question his future. We were all out of position, so Richmond took the ball the length of the field and kicked a goal. 12 point turnaround and our challenge was over.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #74
wake up the f.. up all of you.

they kicked 2.7 to 0.1 in Q2. it should have been a 10 goal plus smashing wee were that putrid....

Shame on the coaching staff for having no answers. it was obvious from the start.
Finals, then 4 in a row!