Einstein was in favour of Socialism.
Would you say socialism has roots in some very fundamental religious principles?I often think about this when I see the likes of ScoMo preach liberal policies, while worshipping socially.Of course some may claim perhaps what ScoMo and his like really worship, is the business of religion, the capitalist version!
Yes, but it was really inspired by humanitarianism which was a great passion of his. Circa 1932 Albert could see what was happening in Germany and started a movement, of sorts, to promote humanitarianism as a way to short-circuit growing nationalism & Hitler. After a fair while, he had 3 signatures! He packed his bags and went to the US at the end of the year.Highly intelligent (IQ & EI) folks can envision the natural consequences of certain behaviours/movements, generally well before the rank and file.
I'm no fan of the ScoMo take on religion, which unfortunately is very common. I think it's infantile. Progressive Christianity tries to emphasise orthopraxy (what you do) rather than orthodoxy (what you believe). I'm not much interested in whether someone believes in the Virgin Birth, or the physical resurrection of Jesus. I'm interested in what they're doing to make the world a better place.
@PaulP Would you say socialism has roots in some very fundamental religious principles?I often think about this when I see the likes of ScoMo preach liberal policies, while worshipping socially.Of course some may claim perhaps what ScoMo and his like really worship, is the business of religion, the capitalist version! This seems to be a philosophical debate that plays out in all religions, I've seen it play out first hand during my years of schooling, and subsequently when some school friends entered then exited the clergy. Victorians might see this demonstrated in the behavioural differences between for example Rev George Pell and Father Bob Macguire.[/b]
Nothing like politics to polarise folks!I recall a quote from Einstein that I'll paraphrase, it went something like, 'when someone is blindly loyal to any political party or ideology they no longer need their brain as they will think what they're told to think (by that political party or ideology leader). All they require is a brain stem to breath, walk and eat.' He had a similar opinion for those who declared themselves, 'patriots.'When I think of Albo, ScoMo, Dutton, Shorten, Cash... etc., all I see are shallow opportunists.Although I may not agree entirely with their ideologies, I do see (saw) sincerity and a genuine concern for all Aussies from Rudd, Howard, Turnbull, Hawke and a few others. None were perfect. But I think that the bottom line is that, globally, there are very few 'real' leaders... people of vision, altruism, business acumen, superior negotiation skills, courage and genuine substance. Dare I say that in the modern world we tend to see more boldness and vision from women leaders!!! (Except M. Cash - shallowness and simplistic thinking personified).
Liz Cambage is rallying against the White Wash of the Australian Olympic team promotions.https://www.theage.com.au/sport/basketball/cambage-threatens-tokyo-boycott-over-aoc-s-whitewashed-promo-shoots-20210507-p57prm.htmlFirstly, some of the reports put this in an indigenous platform, is Cambage indigenous?Secondly, given the photos have 7 and 10 athletes respectively, to keep things proportional we have to have 0.23% of an Indigenous person in the 7 athlete photo, and 0.33% of a Indigenous person in the 10 athlete photo. Or combined 0.56% of an Indigenous athlete across both photos.The use of a whole disabled athlete in both is ridiculously over-representative.Just a few weeks back I listened to a Indigenous activist from Vic Western District argue you are indigenous if we say your indigenous, and skin colour makes no difference. The debate is so full of hypocrisy I can't pretend to be interested anymore. The Cambage article asserts she tweeted that fake tan doesn't cut it, so true skin colour matters!There is a lot of absurdity in this debate from all sides even my own!